Baptist Health South Florida

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Baptist Health South Florida Employee Reviews

Found 1,009 reviews matching the search See all 1,010 reviews
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2018
I am a floating nurse for the 6 South Florida Baptist Hospitals.

For the last 5 years I have been floating through sixth different hospitals of South Miami Florida, taking every assignment as a new challenge; every entity and every Med/surg and Telemetry unit is unique and offers different type of care depending on patient’s condition.
I have worked on the following floors: Oncology, Respiratory, Orthopedic, Bariatric, Women services, Rehabilitation, Cardiac Institute, Neuro Surgical and Observation units.
As a floating RN, every day I am taking a different assignment depending upon what hospital I am working that day.
I believe that opportunity of working in all those floors has giving me a very deep experience as a RN.
Pros
Baptist has an excellent healthy menu for employees in the cafeteria
Cons
Many inexperience new RNs.
baptist great place
Weekend X-Ray Department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great company always growing. Good place to hone your skills. Management can be tough but if you excel at what you do it can be very rewarding.I would do it again.
Pros
stability
Cons
management can be demanding
Good working place
Manager of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
Baptist Health South Florida is a great place to work.

A typical day at work is very busy. It is a very fast-paced place.

Management is very supportive.
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
It was nice working for Baptist Health, I enjoyed my co workers and other team members of Baptist,You definitely can grow with this inspiring company,at Baptist you do everything as a team.
an ok company to work for
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
the benefits are ok, not a big deal, they mandate a certain amount of work to be done on weekly basis,they only care of theyre numbers and not the people
Pros
stability
Cons
pressure to make the numbers each week
Okay Place to WOrk
BUSINESS ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2018
Baptist Health South Florida is an okay place to work, The senioe and leadership positions are made up of the same family members. The secretaries have worked there long enough to become directors.
Family members seem to be the first ones to get promotions and raises
Fun workplace
Lead Radiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 26, 2018
To me, working at Baptist health was one of the most exciting and inspiring places I've ever work. The staff at Baptist are all loving and caring, they make sure the patients feel like their all they are concern about. It was very hard for me to leave there..
Fulfilling Job
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2018
This job is very fulfilling in that you feel as though you are making a difference in people's lives no matter your position within the Hospital. Although fast paced and somewhat stressful, it is worth it. Management is kind and understanding.
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great place to work, may job opportunities, many educational opportunities, team care apporach, great mentorship program, may satellite hospitals and branches.
Supportive management for the most part
Co-Chair UPC/ ICU (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great place to be your best. I enjoy nursing so I enjoyed working with my patients and the managers on the most part assisted me in that goal. The expansion of the hospital and causing a strain and it causes the managers to have tunnel vision. Overall the hospitals mission is being placed in focus by most of the management
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Cronyism in the smaller entities
Fast Pace Workplace
Transport Technician/Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Definitely always busy! Learned A LOT! Met a lot of incredible people! Friendly and fun workplace always! A lot of diverse cultures which was amazing!
Great Place to work
Field Nurse / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Baptist Home Care. They offer good benefits and good support. Safety is promoted in the workplace for all staff. A lot of opportunities to growth.
Pros
Great Benefits
Productive and attentive
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 14, 2018
Very sharp in meeting requirements necessary for success and positive outcomes. Great hospitality and providing services to patients and visitors. Expects things done on time and making patients priority.
done
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63129October 9, 2018
taking care off pt and working with other team meamber. doing skin care talking with pts,done done done ok ok ok ok ok ok working with people who want to work
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
Baptist is the place where you can grow
Job security is very important, many oportunities.
Baptist has 16k+ employees
Definatelly is a recommended company to work.
Patient Focused and progressive environment
Telehealth Sr. Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2018
Leadership deeply cares about our patients experience. Even if the department is not directly involved with patient care, it strives to improve their process to serve the patient.

There are challenges, as they are in any company, the occasional large ego, but over all the company truly is great to work at. Average compensation is offset by the great working environment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
average compensation
productive
RN Performance Improvement and Direct Care RN (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FL 33033October 6, 2018
great organization serving a growing community in south florida area. presently have learn the performance improvement measures required by gov't and regulatory agencies. have professional as a nurse leader and direct care provider
Calm
Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 5, 2018
It was a quit nice work environment. Old looking offices, but people were kind. You did your job and went home. Everyone helped and got along. Management was helpful.
Great place to be your best!
Registration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2018
Very family oriented. The employer cares about the employee. As a leader I have the support from my colleagues and upper management. I've enjoyed being an employee for BHSF for the last 11 years.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Baptist gives stabillity
Administrative Partner/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2018
Baptist, is a great place to work. It gives stability, job security and room for growth. Everyone is professional and polite! I have no intentions on leaving right now!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight