Baptist Health South Florida Employee Reviews

excellent corporation
medical and cardiology wellness concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2018
The best place I have ever worked. Very organized and professional. I had to move but I would apply again to work there if i ever move back to Florida.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Great place to be your best
Nurse Case Manger/Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at WKBH as a nurse Case Manager/Utilization Review RN:

I begin my day by printing my patient census, I review the possible discharges, CHF and COPD patients.
I attend a meeting with the charge nurse to discuss the potential discharges, obstacles, and progression of care concerns.
I then review each patient chart individually, identify whom needs an expensive screening, review progression of care, identify utilization concerns, deal with payers, physicians, nurses, and patients.
I attend interdisciplinary rounds with nurses, physicians, dietician, and physical therapy. We review every patient on the floor, while tying in the patients we discussed in the morning meeting.
WKBH is a very culturally diverse workplace, the most enjoyable part of my day is the moments I meet with my patients, I really look forward to every teaching moment that presents itself.
Great staff, beautiful facility, and wonderful management.
Your Opinion Do Not Count
Staff / Data Integrity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2018
Well, after several years working with the organization, I have to say, there wasn't oppty for professional growth if you did not agree with certain individual. Your oppty was non-void to say the less.
Positive Environment and Great Coworkers
Gift Shop, Cashier, Filer (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work is a lively experience for any individual. You get to meet new customers every day and become familiar with managing the cash register. You learn to remodel the store/gift shop. Every day you constantly greet customers as they walk in and engage in conversation with them. The staff there is always communicating with you and you always get to see all the friendly individuals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 27, 2018
The typical day at work was unpredictable. I have my daily duties but projects or report will come in daily on demand, so multi-tasking is a must in our department. Management kept a spreadsheet of the responsibility on a daily, weekly and Monthly that we owned.We were expected to complete our tasks, so micro managing was not really enforced in our department. Project were assigned with an expected date and time. Team playing takes a role in our department for the work that we do. Workplace Culture is diversity, but what we have in common is the type of work we do. The hardest part of the job is keeping track when we get interrupted from one project, to begin another one because it takes priority. We must create a tracking method to keep us align to what was completed and what was put to the side and as to why? We had to get back to it and complete it once the project was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job it was learning from one another in the projects.
We all were unique in what we do. You learn daily something new working as a team player. Team playing was crucial in our department.
Pros
Love my job and to learn, Discounts, benefits and salary
Cons
Revenue Cycle Department will take over by Navigant.
Great teaching hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 22, 2018
This is a great teaching hospital. The Versant RN program was helpful. Staff is willing to teach and guide you every step of the way. There is plenty of room for growth and to practice your skills. There are resources everywhere. Environment is clean.
review
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2018
I worked for this Health System for almost 20 years. There are many things that are amazing about this system, including the compensation and MAGNET status. But, with such a large company, you will have those in management that are not so much interested in your well-being and growth, as with their own.
Great place to work.
HEALTH RECORD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2018
Overall good place to work, great people to work with. Management very flexible with you. The pay just was good for the position. You work at your own pace, just meet your productivity.
Wants to serve the community
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
Baptist Health tries to serve our community but our program didn't cover the expense of the program and our department was downsized because of this.

I felt like a part of a family in our program and I believed in it - I still do.
Pros
A positive company inthe community.
Cons
Employees can get lost because of the size of the company
Simple job. Very repetitive
Linen Tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
As a linen tech I was assigned a section of the hospital that I was responsible for making sure their linen carts were refilled daily. On a typical day you will pull heavy carts for miles up and down the hospital. It is very physical work but it is doable with proper training and time. Once you develop a routine the job becomes easier because by then you would have developed enough strength and endurance.
Baptist Hospital Great place to work.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
Picking up and transporting Patients with in the hospital and transporting them to different locations with in the hospital to have test, treatments done.
Professional Experience
Administrative Partner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
Was a major team effort! The nurses, doctors, and other health care professionals were amazing in nature and performing their jobs. West Kendall was acknowledged for its exceptional patient care and employee satisfaction! Working there was an incredible learning experience as a student in nutrition.
Great place to work!
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2018
Excellent coworkers and supportive managemebt. The patient load was challenging but overall a great place to work! The numbers of complicate and complex clients were increasing. Hard work but good place overall.
Pros
Pay, perks, excellent team members including management
Cons
The numbers of medically complex patients increasing
Best Place to work!
Administrative Assistant/ CP2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2018
Baptist thrives on customer service and employee satisfaction. They reward good work and compensates staff for their efforts in making Baptist the best place for patient's to receive care. It is an honor tom be apart of then Baptist family!
One of the best Fortune 500 Company
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great benefits, careers, and a family orientated company. I love what i do and love the company i work for. My hire date was January 09, 2006 and still a current employee.
Pros
Gym, Child care, tuition reimbursement
Friendly workplace
Administrative Partner (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2018
Definitely a friendly and cozy work environment. The management at Baptist is wonderful and fair. They have unlimited resources and supply the tools required to execute your job requirements.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
the pay
great benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
The company has great benefits, however they tend to forget that the employees has family at home. they want you to forget about your family to promote Baptist
Terrible Management
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
Management team needs a complete overhaul. They are bullies and do not encourage teamwork within the department. They lead by intimidation and the constant threat of a write up even when it is not warranted.
Pros
3 day work week 12 hour shifts
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 29, 2018
This is a very good place to work with an excellent culture that embrace anybody. Management is fair, support and encourage you in your work and to advance your career. The only drawback, not enough effort is put into internal advancement.
love working there
Registered Nurse, Orthopedics/Neruo Units (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2018
I love the place. Great team wrk, evidence base practice. Family oriented. I wish that we had a possibility for fnp to start their career there. I like the place .
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight