Baptist Health South Florida

Found 1,410 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,414 reviews

Baptist Health South Florida insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good

Very good company to work for, they care about their employees, benefits is okay. Pay is average, management is okay depending on your location, no complaints so far

Pros

Patient ratio

Cons

It’s a good place to start getting experience but not for long term

Baptist is a place where you can get experience but not to work there long term the pay is really bad. Management does not care about the employees. No room to grow.

Pros

Insurance and lunch

Cons

Management, no room for growth low paid

Stressful at times but learning a lot as you go

It gets stressful sometimes but you learn a lot about your job and you can take that anywhere in your next position. It’s a stone step position with lots to learn!

Pros

Learning

Cons

Stress

Baptist health south Florida is a great place to work.

Working at Baptist is great experience. The work culture is family oriented and it shows in the employees. Everyone for the most part is happy and willing to help.

Pros

Employees work culture stable non profit entity that is always expanding

Cons

pay employee politics

Perfect Entry Level Position

Typically management is supportive and very good at communicating. They fight for your ideas and let you know why it would or wouldn't work, respectfully. Quarterly bonuses depending on patient satisfaction. No drama!!! I just go in, do my work, and leave. I don't have to think about work until the next day. You will never be bugged on your days off. PTO is generous. You have a mandatory week and a half training once you accept the position to learn the system and then are trained in depth by your leaders on insurance verification and tasks specific to your role. They like to promote from within which is nice. There's also yearly raises based on employee performance. Pretty chill overall. Best job I've had so far

Pros

Friendly work environment

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Pay is just okay...

It takes a while to make a good amount of money here. You start off low and stay low for many years. I did the math once and it takes over 10 years to reach the max salary for your position and the increase is only about $5-7k. Bonuses are not granted individually. They are based off of your specific industry's patient rating. Bonuses ranged between $50-200. Overall, it is a good place to work. I honestly loved my job but i needed more financial security.

Fun place

Fun place, wish it paid more. There is a lot of opportunity to grow in the company and a lot of positions to work with and the ability to see a lot of things

Very stressful, and full of mind games.

I work for about 3 months, just to find out they lie in the interview about the schedule, have unreasonable expectations ,gave me work load of 4 months back up, expected me to do the work of 2 people, plus help out the coworker that didn’t do their job properly, I don’t recommend working in mosmi coral gables, the department is a mess, understaffed, and there is many employees with mental health issues due to the bad management and overworked situation in this department..Human Resources, and the rest of head management aren’t doing nothing to help out employees with their rights. I never thought I will say this but I am so happy I was terminated, for speaking out my rights as an employee, even tho I did it very diplomatic they didn’t like it and fired me with no reason.. before my 90 days period. Is not that people in Miami don’t want to work, is that employers are abusing their power to overwork people, and every 2 months people is quitting in this department to preserve their mental health..

Pros

Good lunches

Cons

Very low salary

Great job for hands on medical experience

I worked at Baptist Health South Florida for two years. I always worked the night shift. I do not recommend working nights to anyone. Yes, you get paid a couple bucks more but ultimately it is not worth it unless you’re single and live alone. One of my main complaints with this place is the pay. As an ER tech I was making only $13.50 and didn’t get a raise until about a month before I left. They gave us the raise or the “pay adjustment” due to the minimum wage going up to $15.00. My rate got adjusted to $16.16.Another complaint is the covid vaccine mandate.

Pros

Paid time off, 50% lunch discount, lots to learn, awesome crew

Cons

Little pay, at times dangerous patients

It’s better than most hospitals

I feel like Baptist has plenty of resources for the RNs that work here. I’ve worked at other hospitals that will over work and increase patient load. Baptist is pretty good with this. The one thing I don’t like is the pay. I feel like we should be earning more.

Pros

Free parking, a lot of resources

Cons

Pay

Great Nursing leadership, teamwork atmosphere.

Baptist Health South Florida offers their employees great benefits, opportunities to grow and achieve, tuition reimbursement, excellent on the job training..

Cons

Micromanagement and poor work life balance

I worked at Baptist MCI (Miami Cancer Institute) . I enjoy helping people and that is why I joined the Baptist team . When I started , it felt like the priority was to clear the phone calls on the cue instead of helping people . Aside from this , I worked from home , the environment went like this . You have 15 minutes of break in the morning and 45 minutes for lunch . However if inbetween the shift you needed to use the bathroom , you had to deduct it from your lunch break. In addition to this , you were to keep your webcam on the whole shift . This started to feel like micromanaging . It became so stressful , that everyday after work all I wanted to do was lay down and rest . I found myself drinking alcohol alot more during the week because of how stressful the environment felt . It got to a point that I realized that this position was slowly destroying me as a person. I was disappointed I thought that Baptist Hospital was the place to work at and this experience really scared me away from applying again . I could not even request my appointment days because leadership would only allow 1 person to be off out of 50 plus that worked at the call center. To book a doctors appointment for myself , I would have to book months in advance , no I am not kidding . This is my truth from the heart .

Benefits

Cons

Micromanaging, unfair break times, not flexible with your personal time

Ups and downs

This organization has became out of hand, I was considered an oldie but goodie. I was in this healthcare industry before it became the huge organization it has become, leaving the employee behind and the making of money in the forefront. Putting weekly goals of patients that needs to be seen. Not having enough employees to cover other positions, so you were asked it either work weekends or cover other positions plus doing yours.Benefits and perks are good. But salaries are to be not considered competitive only the the county but nationwide.

Can be very busy where other staff do not have time to help

Worked there for many years, has been through a lot of changes. Not the same as it used to be. I do appreciate that I still have a job. Huge focus on discharging and admitting patients quickly where you have to drop everything else to get the patient out. But, that’s probably everywhere.

Pros

I feel safe there

Cons

Interrupted lunch breaks where sometimes your phone rings constantly, $ is the main focus

a typical day at workwhat you learnedmanagementworkplace culturethe hardest part of the jobthe most enjoyable part of the job. Enjpy the building and hours.

Pros

food

Cons

hours

Good company to work but...

I started loving my job the first 3 months, but then Covid happened and we were left feeling overworked, overstressed with little to no appreciation from patients.

Pros

learning enviroment, good benefits

Cons

patient satisfaction is taken to an extreme

Great nurses -

Great working with a team environment and friendly staff. Always felt supported by management and HR. Team nursing can be difficult at times with a difference in opinion, but it worked!

Very sturdy

Super understanding and great environment. The people are super nice. You always feel motivated and help is always by your side. Rewards for doing a good job.

Reputable company

I enjoyed and was proud to belong to this company. Take care of their employees and patients. Benefits were great. We felt like a family, environment was friendly.

Pros

Flexible time off

Cons

Not fair about promoting.

Low pay, overworked

The pay is very low compared to all of the tasks required of you. The hospital itself is very nice and updated and always undergoing repairs. However, they should compensate their employees much more fairly

Not even close to a non profit

I was so excited to join BHSF and work for a non profit. Boy was I wrong. The culture at this organization is as toxic as I have ever read about let alone seen. There is no accountability so everyone is trying to run there own company and no one seems to remember they are a charity to provide health care to the needy. I strongly suggest that you research before working for or giving to this charity.

Pros

Having pastorial care available for the employees is amazing resource

Cons

Management running the business for their pocket not the community

Common questions about Baptist Health South Florida

Answered by current and former employees at Baptist Health South Florida

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Baptist Health South Florida.
Powered byComparably

Compare Baptist Health South Florida with

• Baptist Health South Florida
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?