Overall a stressful work place
Paramedic/ Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) – Miami, FL – January 12, 2019
I work in the emergency department and there are many things wrong with this company.
1) In order to get Paid time off you have to request your vacation time up to 6 months ahead of time and even then there are times when you are denied your planned vacation.
2) Baptist says they pay based on the "competitive market" this is code for "we pay worse than most other hospitals" I am paid about 3 dollars per hour under market value for my job position, we haven't received bonus's in about a year over all just bad compensation.
3) there are no advancements possible for my job position. Even if you get additional certifications or skills you don't advance and are not compensated for them, they just give you more responsibility and work without any added benefit.
4) management constantly micromanages and threatens write ups for any minor mistake that is made. Far to many managers, we have about 9 Assistant nurse managers in the Emergency department which creates a lot of "he said, she said" type of situations
5) The Idea of our culture is great, In action our culture is awful. the morale in the ER is on the floor, people do not like coming to work. Calling out is sick on the weekends turns into a punishment even though we have a set allotment of call ours per 6 months. we are required to make up weekend call outs. favoritism is rampant for people liked by scheduling managers.
Working for this company