Baptist Health South Florida Employee Reviews

na
Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2019
monthly meetings
many many benefits
work place culture is implemented
advancement is not as easy as presented at first
good benefits, low pay grade
tuition reimbursement
Baptist is a great place to learn different specialties.
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I love everything about being a nurse! Baptist is my only experience with working as one. Baptist is definitely a contributor of my feelings about my career.
Professional Work Setting/Corporate
Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2019
It was a conducive learning environment as a student. Staff were very helpful in teaching proper patient procedures, etiquette, explanations, processing, and how to properly handle equipment.
Excellent
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Baptist is a phenomenal place to work. Employee's are well versed in providing outstanding care and an all around warm commitment to all patient's and families.
Great organization
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Great place to grow. Employees are truly an asset to this organization and it shows in how they are treated. Great benefits, great perks and great work/life balance.
Equal opportunity employer
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 3, 2019
South florida baptist hospital does not descriminate toward indiviuals. They have different employee assistance program for employees. Opportunity to advance within company.
Pros
Right to work with benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good work experiance
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the pineapple family, I encourage whomever wants to experience working in a hospital Baptist Miami Cancer institute would be a great place to start. I met and worked with great people that I still keep in contact with. I highly recommend for a learning experience in any dept.
Fast Paced and Fun
Dietary Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Kendall, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed my time as a part of the dietary department team, The management team was fair and the experience was positive. Diversity and Inclusion were key factors.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Lots of walking
Growing healthcare system
Corporate Director, Accreditation Readiness (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Action occurs at the local hospital level though Corporate provides direction.. Organization spans three counties. Room for growth and advancement. International outreach arm.
Great for Working Moms!
Staff Nurse PACU (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Baptist is great for working moms, they have many different shifts available in most areas and often management is willing to create a shift when necessary. This best work/life balance I have experienced since being a nurse. I love it.
Growing opportunities
Clinical Partner 2 (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Baptist said you can grow with us, which means you can go to school to be a nurse and your manager will help you get your days that you need. And also If you have a new license of something other than you do. You try to apply and you never get hired due to preference in the units. Its very hard to grow in my unit . I had my Phlebotomy license and I am going to school and Its difficult because they don't give you the days you need .
great job
Weekend X-Ray Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2019
good learning environment. Huge organization would love to work for them again. Good environment lots of events growing organization. Management can be overbearing sometimes depending on department it's hit or miss.
Pros
work culture and growth potential, benefits
Cons
management is overbearing and compensation is not competitive
The best place to work
Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2019
When I worked at baptist I loved everything about it. The pay was great, the culture was awesome, my co-workers were caring and helpful, and I had nothing but satisfaction with my job. I gained my most knowledge at baptist and everyone was willing to help.
Teamwork oriented
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 22, 2019
The emergency department in this hospital is where I learned the most about team work and being able to depend on my co-workers when I really need help.
productive and fun workplace.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Management are always listening to your concerns and questions. They are willing to give you tips and help you grow in your field of work. Flexible schedules, everyone is friendly, and very helpful.
productive workplace
SANITATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day at work is cleaning pots taking out garbage helping out other people i have learned to work faster more efficient working there the management is very organized
Pros
you get $80.00 for lunch that rolls over every two weeks
Great company!!
IT, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for. Was with them for six years. Amazing benefits but could be better with salaries that match cost of living in south florida.
Overall a stressful work place
Paramedic/ Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I work in the emergency department and there are many things wrong with this company.
1) In order to get Paid time off you have to request your vacation time up to 6 months ahead of time and even then there are times when you are denied your planned vacation.
2) Baptist says they pay based on the "competitive market" this is code for "we pay worse than most other hospitals" I am paid about 3 dollars per hour under market value for my job position, we haven't received bonus's in about a year over all just bad compensation.
3) there are no advancements possible for my job position. Even if you get additional certifications or skills you don't advance and are not compensated for them, they just give you more responsibility and work without any added benefit.
4) management constantly micromanages and threatens write ups for any minor mistake that is made. Far to many managers, we have about 9 Assistant nurse managers in the Emergency department which creates a lot of "he said, she said" type of situations
5) The Idea of our culture is great, In action our culture is awful. the morale in the ER is on the floor, people do not like coming to work. Calling out is sick on the weekends turns into a punishment even though we have a set allotment of call ours per 6 months. we are required to make up weekend call outs. favoritism is rampant for people liked by scheduling managers.
Pros
Great Company Name
Cons
Working for this company
Its a great place to work
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2019
It' s a great place to work. Teamwork is the main concept of our everyday life there. It is amazing to see the satisfaction of your patients for your great work.
Pros
Is a good place to grow as a professional
Cons
Sometimes is stressful to work at baptist.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2019
i have been working for Baptist ten years, it is a great place to work.
Working for International Corporate area has given me the opportunity to learn a lot about different countries and cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight