Baptist Health of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant Floater
Travel to BMA physician offices (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Baptist as a Floater. For the first 2 to 3 years I was in love with my job. I met and networked with a lot of people and gained a lot of experience. I learned new and adventurous medical break through's. As time has gone by I have grown in experience and knowledge. However, I am at a stopping point where I don't feel like I can grow with Baptist any more. While it has been a great experience. I am proud to have worked at Baptist but I have outgrown Baptist and I am eager to move on to something better that suits me.

A typical day at Baptist is very spontaneous. As a floater I travel to many of the Health practice within the health care group trouble shooting, working through staff shortage as well as clinical and administrative needs. Although I have a schedule it can change at a moments notice. I have established amazing work relationships that will continue after I separate.
Pros
Perks, auxiliary sales, free lunch
Cons
inability to advance due to family and friends networking.
Great employees who want to do their job and administrators making constant changes that won’t let them do so
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYAugust 31, 2018
You can never do enough to satisfy admin. This clinic is ran terribly. Quality patient care has been sabotaged. All nurses quitting and untrained unlicensed staff taking over. The clinic has closed down lots of valuable services in the past year and also has lost a couple of busy providers. Patients weren’t notified until weeks later of this. Many patients left to pursue healthcare elsewhere and low morale across the clinic can felt by all. This county was fortunate to have such a great all-in-one facility for healthcare, but it has turned into a ghost town. Everyone afraid if they’ll be on the chopping block next. Sad for the community...
Pros
Typically good hours to work
Cons
months to get positions approved, lights in parking lot too dim
Powderly Baptist doesn't care about the patient's care
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYAugust 27, 2018
I loved the patients and my job, if I could have done my job. Got promotion real fast but was unable to do my job because management didn't know how to manage. Getting constantly pulled from my job to cover another job. Management had no idea how you did your job or what it consisted of. It mattered who you were kin to. Everyone is kin to everyone else and if you weren't kin you got to cover the ones who were kin. Better not have a degree or any type of education. Management acted like they didn't want educated people to work there. The place is being ran by nurses aides one RN, just a couple of LPN's in the whole place.
Pros
The patients were so nice
Cons
Management didn't know what they were doing.
Very busy office
Physician Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 15, 2018
The typical day starts at 8:00 am with patients coming in for appointments and the phones start ringing almost nonstop all day. Not enough help in some areas.
Pros
Everyone gets along pretty well.
Cons
Need more help in some areas or some duties shifted to other areas.
Nice Place to Work
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Powderly, KYAugust 12, 2018
Honestly Never Thought I would Leave there. But our Dept. got shut down and they didn't have another position open for me to move into. I would go work for them again.
N/a
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
Baptist Health Medical Group is a great company to work for. They offer good retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and discount offers through numerous companies.
Variety of benefits
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2018
Lots of favortism and nepotism. No room for advancement, especially for minorities. 10 years same position even with a bachelors degree. While coworker with hs diploma promoted.
Pros
Free lunches in md offices
Cons
Open on holidays
Great Place to work just not my postion
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 1, 2018
Management was from a different company and was extremely sexist and rude. Coworkers we're amazing and extremely helpful in times of need. Some had been there for years. Always had a smile in their faces.
BHL is an extraordinary place
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
BHL is a great place to work and grow among family. The staff mostly come there and stay. It's a great place to be a patient - if you have to be sick - and you receive great care.
Favoritism, cliques
Employee (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 13, 2018
It is like being in high school there are so many cliques and so much back stabbing. Managers do not do their jobs and make people do the work they are paid to do. There are many people that get away with so much it is just ridiculous. Paducah is terrible. People get paid to be on their phones all day and stir up trouble instead of doing their work. So many managers that are not worth anything. You can’t go to them with issues because they don’t care. Baptist does not value the really honest hard working employees.
Nepotism
employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 24, 2018
This company is saturated with nepotism.
Also, if a practice has a high turnover, there are reasons for this.

Now since leaving, I heard that there have been changes made. I hope this is true for all involved.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  1740 Nicholasville Rd Lexington, KYApril 13, 2018
Positive work environment. Able to work independently and to access positive feedback from co-workers in achieving goals for the department. Easy making a positive life balance between home and office.
Pros
company picnics, easily access to training
not good
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 5, 2018
this was a bad company to work for. They did not appreciate the hard work of the staff. I would not recommend this organization for anyone. They demote people via a phone call.
Used to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2018
Baptist used to be the place everyone wanted to work. Not so much anymore. Lowest compensation for nurses in the city. They have taken away some retirement benefits, benefits that some of us have been paying into for many years. Health insurance is more expensive with less coverage. Absolutely zero retention interest for current nurses. Minimal reimbursement for education, even though they require you to go back to school for a BSN. The HR department is incredibly rude and not helpful.
Your opinions or recommendations do not matter to them. They only want a bunch of "yes men" who will speak when spoken to and not question anyone in a leadership position. It is quite sad actually. I have worked there for many years and it has gone down hill so much.
Pros
Co workers are great. Good demographic location
Cons
Low pay, no retention for current staff, not valued
Good environment and challenging work tasks
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMarch 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Baptist Health while I worked there. I had the opportunity to work in numerous departments, but after five years advancement wasn't in reach per my supervisor. This caused me to seek out new opportunities, but the jobs I did work were well managed, high volume and enjoyable.
Pros
Good management, fun co-workers and allotted break time.
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunity.
Not rewarding.
Patient access representative (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KentuckyMarch 20, 2018
I, along with other co workers presented idea's to make the flow better , but our voice was worthless. Our supervisor was very naive. I don't realize how she became a supervisor. The supervisors need more training.
Pay raises are next to nothing.
Employees break the HIPA rules and they value the gossiping employees more than employees that are there to work.
Unclean place.
Chaotic At Best
LPN (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 12, 2018
A typical day consist of never knowing where I would be placed to work. Management does not punish people who can not make it into work. Certain people are giving special privilege simply because of who they are, not for their work ethic. Pay rate is very low for my job field.
Relaxed
Accounts Receivables/Indirect Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2018
Really good place to work. People were great. Management was very good. Only one of the supervisor was not so friendly and that person was eventually dismissed for one reason or another.
Pros
Relaxed, Reasonable work expectations, very support system
Cons
None to really complain about
Excellent company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 7, 2018
Christian based company. Great support system. Highly recommended. A caring work environment with highly qualified nurses and therapists. An emphasis on patient quality. I would use this company for my family.
Horrible work enviroment
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 31, 2018
Mangers do not value employees. Only looking to collect money and be harsh on employees. Not enough training. When employees have concerns managers do not listen.
Pros
none- do not waste your time to be employeed by a company that does not care for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.