Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Top notch employment.
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARAugust 11, 2018
I enjoy working for Baptist. The management and co-workers make going to work enjoyable. They are genuinely caring employers that take your well being into consideration. I would highly recommend anyone to work for Baptist Health.
a typical work day
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
we start byt clocking in @ 7:45 for our morning meeting and by 8 am your on the phones and work straight till your lunch and then back from lunch till 5pm. I'm on the phone's 8 hours a day and no breaks unless you go to the bathroom.
Pros
one day out of the week, each employee gets to leave @ 3:45
was not enjoyable.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2018
Its an OK place to work, I would not work there again, it has poor management. The workers break the HIPPA Law on a daily basses. Also they mix up the patients charts, and give out the wrong information.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 6, 2018
Love working with patients and helping them! I enjoy making patients comfortable while they are at the doctor. Coworkers are always willing to help when needed.
Management in my department does not communicate
Buyer I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
Management is not transparent in communication. There is a lot of favoritism in the department.
They expect you to learn a new duty within one week.
Can be very stressful.
Review
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2018
Baptist Health is great company to work for and they do care about the patients. They do have a reputation of paying low but they do treat their employees with respect.
Great place to start your first tech job, but the benefits werent great and corporate doesnt really seem to care about you.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
I learned a lot in the near 2 years I was there, but I felt underpaid for how hard I worked. Most of my coworkers were judgemental hypocrites, but I got by just fine. Management seemed a mess on more days than not. They took away our food discount, but not for the doctors. I wouldnt always get relieved for lunch or when it was past my shift and the tech on call was very late, up to 45 minutes and they were rarely reprimanded. About 2/3 of the OR team did work while the others sat on a stool on their phone. I did enjoy most of my surgeons, then again it wasnt about the people. It was about the work. I love what I do and I'm so happy I entered this field. Hopefully I can find a better company to work for.
Pros
The learning experience
Cons
See below.
work life
LPN Full Time (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TN 37771July 18, 2018
Working overtime was something I never had an issue with but this company employed so many nurses from temporary companies that at times you never really knew if you were leaving to go home, if the nurse was going to show up. Staffing was very difficult at Baptist.
Pros
not sure
Cons
staffing and lack of
Not what you think
Aide, cashier, prep, runner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2018
Your work non stop, on your feet all day. Only one 30 minute break. Terrible management and bad taste employees. Very stressful, exhausting, damanding job. Supervisors always asking for others to tell others what to do, no direction of how things are done and who are suppose to do what. Very disorganized, always running out of things, always issues with something. Lots of stuff to remember and do in one shift, dont get paid enough for the stress this job is worth.
No respect for others or recognize for a great job. No raises. Put up with bad employees and bad mouths.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad mangement
Productive and great heathcare System
Manager - Clinical Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed working in Baptist health. All employees have their own work schedule. It a growing institute in the North east florida. Technology wise need more improvement in informatics that will lead to better quality care of patient and over all population health.
Was not fully supoorted or heard during the new nursr residency program
Resident Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2018
I think the overall residency program is good and Baptist is a nicely developed company. I think preceptor should be evaluated as teachers just as new nurses as learners to enhance success of both parties and ultimately the organization, patient experience, and overall hospital employee relation and success.
Great Experience for a career path goal and also sets you up for great opportunities
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my summer employment at Baptist. It helped prep me for the real world whenever it comes to applying for jobs. I want to pursue in the medical field by doing music therapy. Being around this hospital really helped.
Pros
great people, supportive supervisors
Cons
nothing
Amazing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
I was a “volunteer” and would visit as a unpaid student who would shadow CNAs, I would do some things to help out and I loved it. I would love to work for Baptist Health if I were in the area.
Management Out of Touch
Sr IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
The Baptist Health management is not in touch with its employees or staff. They are all about the money, and moving patients through the system. I was very sad to observer the additions of new Directors and managers with little knowledge, but in stead friends of other management placing them into the mix just to have them reorganize and teams and force many employees to leave unhappy and confused.

Management does not share it's visions, and instead just drops new ideas or projects into the mix without understanding the issues that it causes. They are unopened to new ideas from employees, and just push their addenda as the solution.

I would warn any potential employee to be ware, this is not a company you can trust a career to...
Pros
Clean work environment, depending on location
Cons
No job security, and poor management
Great place for an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  SurgeryMay 22, 2018
I learned many surgical procedures from the time I was there and the employees are very passionate about their career. The environment opened my eyes and assured that the medical field was perfect for me.
Fast paced and fun coworkers
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Management is terrible. It’s not what you know but who you know. You would think you were back in high school with the cliques of popular crowd and non popular crowd. Lies and backstabbing. Pay and benefits are descent.
Benefits
Great Mission
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2018
Great Mission. People are great. Campus employees are nice and overall a great experience. Work/Life is a struggle and certain areas in IT area demanding.
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2018
Overall good place to work. Good benefits, nice people to work with. Parking was bad for employees, getting better though. Management has a lot of meetings.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Parking
Stressful hostile work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2018
Stressful management believes only in good stats and not patient care. Long hours and weekends with no compensation and will not hire staff to take time off.
Productive and interesting environment
Certified Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2018
I work in a department that we are definitely in demand because of our location but it makes the day go by so much faster when you have amazing coworkers. Management is definitely interested in knowing how your work life is affecting your him life and proactive in finding ways to help make it a better experience.
Pros
open minded management
Cons
hours for my position are not guaranteed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss