Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Good place
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 23, 2018
Its a good place to work, management at times can be a bit hit or miss. Its got great benefits and very competitive. Some of the staff can get a bit clicky at times and that not good
Great place for an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  SurgeryMay 22, 2018
I learned many surgical procedures from the time I was there and the employees are very passionate about their career. The environment opened my eyes and assured that the medical field was perfect for me.
Fast paced and fun coworkers
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Management is terrible. It’s not what you know but who you know. You would think you were back in high school with the cliques of popular crowd and non popular crowd. Lies and backstabbing. Pay and benefits are descent.
Benefits
Cons
It was a decent place to work.
Disclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2018
Competitive benefits and pay. Friendly environment with areas to expand your career. There are lots of different departments besides mine. If you ever want to switch your career you are allowed to move after six months.
Good Busy
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2018
I worked a medical/surgical unit. We were always busy. From start to end of my shift. Which I was not always done doing what I needed to do. But the night secretary would come on. It was hard sometimes to get up and leave, knowing there was still more to do.
fast paced, challenging
Clinical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 20, 2018
had the opportunity to work in several different positions within the organization. Some were more challenging than others, all needed much more training offered to new hire employees.
Management was fair, but quick to note how easily replaced an individual was. Work moral was thus low, as felt like a " number". Co-workers were very supportive however, and did their best to come together in team effort to insure product quality and accuracy.
Love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2018
Look Baptist it’s amazing the people are nice and the pay is good and I learn more everyday they make you feel like your family I actually love what I do and the people I work with
Pros
Lunches
Alright
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
Poor management, good pay, good hours, lack of communication, no work ethics, no personal responsibility, don't follow their own policies, stuck on the good ol' boy system
Pros
Pto
BHL is a great place
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
This is a great facility to work and grow among friends and co-workers. Most staff come there and stay because it's a very friendly atmosphere. Patients get great care and feel welcome.
productive rewarding work place
Discharge Expeditor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2018
Typical work day is fast paced, moving patients throughout the health system or to other locations where beds are available. processing the order in which a patient should be moved, which is always ER first since ER has priority. Our department gets pressure when there is no placement in our facility or community to move a patient out to ER, majority of the time its a patient that isn't funded. If a funded patient is transferred within our facility then authorization is needed which is completed by myself and insurance company of the patient. Management is new and we are all still adjusting to the changes that have been implemented, majority of the time there is poor communication between staff and management and we are often short staff. Overall I enjoy working at this facility, there are no full time availability for my title as of yet.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no breaks, parking, over worked

Want to know more about Baptist Health?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
ICU Float Pool Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2018
Family atmosphere. Excellent healthcare for patients in Lexington, KY area. Team attitude with nurses and staff. Directors are open to suggestions and listen to employees.
Lots of good people to work with in this company
Senior Database Administrator Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
Good place to work. I sure recommend friends, and family to work here at Baptist. members of my team work closely together to me both team and individual goals. The management gas changed some what in the last year, and thing are slowly but surely working out the way the Company has envisioned.
Family workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32501May 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. You get to work with great people that treat you like family and care about you and your family. They really value their employees.
Great work enviroment
Volunteer/ Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 7, 2018
I am a student placed at Baptist Health through my college. I have learned a lot of skills that I will apply to my future career while working here. As well as establishing great work etiquette. I'm apart of the educational and staff development department at the moment and I get to work with many successful nursing educators and directors. I really enjoy that they are so helpful with my classwork and supportive of my journey in school.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Secluded office
Excellent place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2018
Hardest part of the job - Disconnecting from work once at home.
Most enjoyable part of the job - my work environment - coworkers and patients.

Most appreciated: the benefits
Hospital itself a great hospital just not the department
RN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 2, 2018
My department has a great deal of turnover. Way to many chiefs and not enough Indians. No leadership. Also a lot of favoritism and management allows surgeons to talk down to staff and no support for nurses or other staff members. Very low morale.
Promote advancement
Team Lead, Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 2, 2018
Valley Baptist as a whole was a great place to work for a long time. But in time with new owners came in made changes to several departments, as a result my department was phased out and outsourced. We had to all find other careers after 23 years it was not easy.
Pros
many benefits 401k, insurance, medical coverage
Cons
long hours and heavy responsibility
If u work in a good area it's a very fun work place such as the main OR but not ES
Paitient transport (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2018
They are great nurses but ES is very negative the employees are always kind the management is always very stiff and does not have a sense of humor. If u were to call in 4 times so to speak u get three write ups then u get suspension then u get terminated if u miss anymore
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low paying hospital
First-rate tertiary care center with progressive technology and good working environment.
Interventional and Noninvasive Cardiologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 30, 2018
Busy tertiary care center with physician-oriented administration and state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Intense workload due to voluminous referrals. Excellent physician medical staff with fair communication between the administration and medical staff.
Great Mission
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2018
Great Mission. People are great. Campus employees are nice and overall a great experience. Work/Life is a struggle and certain areas in IT area demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight