Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Best place I have ever worked.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2019
Working for Baptist Health was an absolute blessing to say the least. From the environment to the smiling and welcoming faces of fellow employees. Everyday when i would go into work, it felt like I was not at work. I was so comfortable and able to be myself freely without feeling like I was being judged. The job as an environmental services employee was really laid back and easy. It is a place that i could and would make my career.
Review or Baptist Health Care
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Working at Baptist Health provided me the experience I required to become a successful CNA. I enjoyed working there. If I had the opportunity I would go back.
Endoscopy RN PRN (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 4, 2019
Cares for their patients, and employees. They take the time to observe every department with quality rounds to ensure patients are getting the quality care they deserve, and make sure all departments are compliant with joint commission.
A typical day at work
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2019
A typical day consists of coming in and running all day. Good way to lose weight. But only recognition of work is if you are "buddy, buddy" with management.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
not enough recognition for everyone
nothing spectacular
IT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2018
Baptist Health is one of the largest healthcare employers in northeast Florida. They know that, so assume this is a business. When I first started it wasn't so corporate and there was more of an "Us" attitude, now the dictate is solely money - making it, keeping it, and paying as little as possible to employees. The experience depends on your MOS/job title and what you do, and who you do that with. If you're lucky, you get a respectful supervisor and you can grow into your experience. If you are unlucky like me you end up with Mrs. Hitler who harasses you weekly to frustration and then has you walked out the door after 12 years because you stand up for yourself. Top layer of healthcare in Jacksonville is Mayo - everyone is jealous of them; then there is University of Florida Health (affiliated with U. of Florida), then Memorial Hospital. There is a little jewel of a hospital a bit south of Jacksonville that has a stellar reputation, and good feedback by employees - Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Florida. Baptist is merely average, low pay, skimpy benefits.
Pros
It's biggest employer in northeast florida - with turnover there are always openings
Cons
you'll find your own
Great work place
Medical Assistant lll (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 13, 2018
Loved it. wrong time. right job. Manager could be better, but not too bad. Benefits amazing! employees amazing (some). Best place I have ever worked at honestly.
Colleagues were very helpful
Temp (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 10, 2018
Wasn't there long just helping the lead people to catch up.
I was able to choose my own hours
I was able to choose my lunch hour.
I could work over if I had to come in late the following day.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 3, 2018
Fast-paced and great benefits. A very collaborative workplace. Has incentives and reviews for raises. Lots of discounts if you are an employee. I would recommend working here.
Love working there
Phlebotomists (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 2, 2018
I have been employed almost 3 years there and love working for Baptist love all the staff I love running the lab and my hours I love my patients that come in and ask for me
Pros
Great staff
Cons
More pay
Its definitely changed
employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40207November 29, 2018
Its definitely changed. When I started many moons ago, It was culture based, family orientated. However, overtime as all things do, it has become money based and money driven. Very sad.
Pros
time off accrual
Cons
environment
Professional and caring
Health Care Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2018
All of my co-workers are professional, caring, and make you feel like family. Baptist truly cares about all of their employees and really shows that. I am proud to be a Baptist employee.
Great leaning benefits
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 27, 2018
Baptist gives the the opportunity to grow as a person. There are some many different levels of knowledge and experience to learn from. Working side by side with doctors, nurses, and even ceo's.
Pros
gym and schools
Cons
some of the staff isn't professional
Ever-expanding health system with an eye on the future
Bloodless Medicine & Surgery, Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2018
The Baptist Health system is a force to be reckoned with in NE Florida. The executive team was agile and forward-looking, with expansions in key areas to ensure continued growth and success.
Wonderful support by my direct supervisor
RN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2018
I work in a wonderful department with a lot of autonomy. My work and the work of the team is supported and encouraged by our supervisor. Changes are difficult to move forward in such a large organization.
Pros
Faith based, great benefits, wonderful co workers overall
Cons
Large organization - harder to move changes forward
This place cares about their employees
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 11, 2018
Baptist Health is an amazing place to work, they care about their employees and will help you in anyway. They have a program set up for their employees if they need any assistance with living expenses. Yearly raises, and holiday bonus along with employee appreciation. Great opportunities.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, great people
Cons
moving up
good place to work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
Good place to work good people good management team always learning something new fast pace worked in the E,R, really enjoyed my job there always something new going on
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2018
Excellent people to work with Always considerate of the customer and people that you work with. Loads of flexible hours to work and great managment team.
Pros
Great people and hours, included insurance for part time folks
Cons
Short breaks for nurses that work so hard. Short of help.
Provide good care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  LeniorOctober 29, 2018
Liked it. Loved taking care of the elderly. Worked there from 2001 to 2016. Left only to have my kids than want back. Was a good Christine place to work.
Fairly good place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYOctober 25, 2018
Fairly good place to work. Teamwork was a plus. Good nursing care. Days were very busy. I learned a lot as far as various computer programs. The most enjoyable part was seeing positive outcomes for the patients.
Pros
Plenty of work available with opportunities to work on other floors
Cons
At times very stressful
n/a
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Baptist Health South FloridaOctober 24, 2018
The culture at Baptist was family oriented. Senior leadership would have regular Town Hall meetings to share issues in the organizations

Team culture was encouraged with all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Baptist Health.

Powered by Comparably