Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Great place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work. Good, friendly and clean environment. A reputable place to work. Recently underwent some reconstruction so the hospital is updated with a lot of technology and new advancements
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Short breaks
Good culture and vision
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyable place to work... Baptist has excellent career advancement and believes in promoting from within ... good leadership, good vision, good commitment to customer service
Non collaberative work enivornment
Lead Referral Coordinator JOI Department (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Busy, In my opinion, it could be a great place to work if management was required to take courses to help with managing others. Nothing is confidential.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, management
Stressful
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2018
It’s an ok company, but at least location where I work is very catty and lots of drama between the teams and departments. Pay is not enough for what the job implies.
Pros
Discounts
Drama
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  4000 kresge wayAugust 30, 2018
I was a therapist there for awhile. The department Tends to be a lot of drama, which is allowed by management. I’ve personally seen newer people leave the department crying by being picked on. It’s a shame especially with the respiratory shortage that is going around.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Drama
High stress, low support
Baptist Health Lead Central Sterile Tech (Former Employee) –  MadiaonvilleAugust 28, 2018
Stable employment. Not much support from management for some departments. Some departments have a high turn over rate because a lack of support and acknowledgement. Can feel understaffed on a regular basis.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Short breaks
High turn over and low moral
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Navarre, FLAugust 24, 2018
Navarre Baptist is not what they "sell" you at the orientation. There have been 11 people leave in a 10 month period due to the prior management whom they moved to a different clinic. They hired a new manager BEFORE the job was posted online. They do not show appreciation for their employees and if you speak up you are deemed insubordinate even if you are not being challenging.
Cons
almost everything
A very enjoyable job
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2018
Baptist is a great company to work. If you are people person you will even fit in better. In the short that I have been here I have grown as a person of helping standards.
Pros
Environment, People, Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation is a little low for what I am use too.
a typical work day
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
we start byt clocking in @ 7:45 for our morning meeting and by 8 am your on the phones and work straight till your lunch and then back from lunch till 5pm. I'm on the phone's 8 hours a day and no breaks unless you go to the bathroom.
Pros
one day out of the week, each employee gets to leave @ 3:45
Management in my department does not communicate
Buyer I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
Management is not transparent in communication. There is a lot of favoritism in the department.
They expect you to learn a new duty within one week.
Can be very stressful.

Want to know more about Baptist Health?

Ask a question
Review
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2018
Baptist Health is great company to work for and they do care about the patients. They do have a reputation of paying low but they do treat their employees with respect.
Great place to start your first tech job, but the benefits werent great and corporate doesnt really seem to care about you.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
I learned a lot in the near 2 years I was there, but I felt underpaid for how hard I worked. Most of my coworkers were judgemental hypocrites, but I got by just fine. Management seemed a mess on more days than not. They took away our food discount, but not for the doctors. I wouldnt always get relieved for lunch or when it was past my shift and the tech on call was very late, up to 45 minutes and they were rarely reprimanded. About 2/3 of the OR team did work while the others sat on a stool on their phone. I did enjoy most of my surgeons, then again it wasnt about the people. It was about the work. I love what I do and I'm so happy I entered this field. Hopefully I can find a better company to work for.
Pros
The learning experience
Cons
See below.
Not what you think
Aide, cashier, prep, runner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2018
Your work non stop, on your feet all day. Only one 30 minute break. Terrible management and bad taste employees. Very stressful, exhausting, damanding job. Supervisors always asking for others to tell others what to do, no direction of how things are done and who are suppose to do what. Very disorganized, always running out of things, always issues with something. Lots of stuff to remember and do in one shift, dont get paid enough for the stress this job is worth.
No respect for others or recognize for a great job. No raises. Put up with bad employees and bad mouths.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad mangement
Productive and great heathcare System
Manager - Clinical Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed working in Baptist health. All employees have their own work schedule. It a growing institute in the North east florida. Technology wise need more improvement in informatics that will lead to better quality care of patient and over all population health.
Was not fully supoorted or heard during the new nursr residency program
Resident Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2018
I think the overall residency program is good and Baptist is a nicely developed company. I think preceptor should be evaluated as teachers just as new nurses as learners to enhance success of both parties and ultimately the organization, patient experience, and overall hospital employee relation and success.
Great Experience for a career path goal and also sets you up for great opportunities
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my summer employment at Baptist. It helped prep me for the real world whenever it comes to applying for jobs. I want to pursue in the medical field by doing music therapy. Being around this hospital really helped.
Pros
great people, supportive supervisors
Cons
nothing
Amazing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
I was a “volunteer” and would visit as a unpaid student who would shadow CNAs, I would do some things to help out and I loved it. I would love to work for Baptist Health if I were in the area.
Management Out of Touch
Sr IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
The Baptist Health management is not in touch with its employees or staff. They are all about the money, and moving patients through the system. I was very sad to observer the additions of new Directors and managers with little knowledge, but in stead friends of other management placing them into the mix just to have them reorganize and teams and force many employees to leave unhappy and confused.

Management does not share it's visions, and instead just drops new ideas or projects into the mix without understanding the issues that it causes. They are unopened to new ideas from employees, and just push their addenda as the solution.

I would warn any potential employee to be ware, this is not a company you can trust a career to...
Pros
Clean work environment, depending on location
Cons
No job security, and poor management
Great place for an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  SurgeryMay 22, 2018
I learned many surgical procedures from the time I was there and the employees are very passionate about their career. The environment opened my eyes and assured that the medical field was perfect for me.
Fast paced and fun coworkers
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Management is terrible. It’s not what you know but who you know. You would think you were back in high school with the cliques of popular crowd and non popular crowd. Lies and backstabbing. Pay and benefits are descent.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight