Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

A diverse place to learn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2018
Encourage and enforce teamwork
Resources for health, well being and spiritual needs
Very professional
Patients and family seem to love Baptist Hospital.
Kind and engaging
Pros
If they’re not sure, they will find out, patient and family centered care provided.
Cons
Strictly Professional
stressful
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2018
A typical day evolves working insurance denials, calling insurance companies for claim status, writing appeal letters to insurance payers, adjusting claims accordingly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the location, work schedule, and ability to connect remotely from home if needed.
The hardest part of the job is meeting the DAILY quota of claims they require.
Productive fun place to work
Service response (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working with Baptist hospital. The management was outstanding as were my coworkers. They gave me time off when I needed it for the most part. My boss was very accommodating.
Excellent place to gain experience.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2018
Loved working here. Started out in the Rehab department in the Sticht Center and ending up in General Med. Great learning opportunity and environment. Loved working one on one with a RN in the Acute Care units. I can honestly say that I learned a lot from my employment with this company.
Productive and Fast Pace employment
Lead Patient Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
I would register patients that were coming in for a procedure, I would verify insurances, enter patients credentials on our data base and copy all insurances and ID's. I would have them sign consent forms as well and pay copayments and co-insurances. I learned from management that you can advance as long as you work hard for it. The hardest part of the employment was working holidays and weekends. The part I loved the most was helping people
Pros
Free lunches, gift shop
Cons
Short breaks, mico management
Good and bad
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  IcuJuly 6, 2018
lacking MD resources for a nights in the ICU, education was great for nurses however, training multiple RNs for patient specific management was poor therefore create stress and poor working habits.
space to grow
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
at Baptist health you had a option to grow within the company. They also provide health benefits tuition reimbursement. they also gives everyone an opportunity to grow within the company. They provide health insurance and 401k.PTO and sick time off. Discounted lunch,and child care on site for employees that's also at a discounted price
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
3 breaks thru out the shifts
Patient Financial Rep
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2018
Typical day at work is routine. After a few weeks you get the hang of how every other day will be. Some days are more hectic than others. I learned how to communicate with a variety of individuals. My management was poor, lack of communication. Work culture is friendly, sometimes supportive. Hardest part of the job is getting use to working with different colleagues every day because everyone has their own way to work so it will take some time getting used too.
Pros
Healthcare, Discount food court, Pto
Cons
Management, Work schedule
The culture is amazing
MSW Intern University of West Florida (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 19, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. People are happy and happy to do their jobs. My supervisor was amazing and the program I interned with has grown.
Pros
lots of training
Medical/Surgical Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 18, 2018
I learn most of my nursing from experienced nurses here. 2 west especially was a pleasure to work for. Great manager. Great staff. I felt like we were a force for good in the community.
Pros
A lot
Cons
none that I can think of
Awesome place
Lab Tech Aide (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 17, 2018
I loved working at Baptist, staff is super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. If in the future I move back to fl thats where I would like to go back and work for.
hard work
laundry (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2018
A lot of work in had to be done at a quick pace. The manger was on top of everything it was a lot of work but a real good place to work. I really enjoyed this job in the people I worked with.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hardwork
A great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2018
Baptist Hospital is a great place to work. The staff really care about their patients and families & do everything they can to make their stay enjoyable & welcoming.
Pros
helpful co-workers, self scheduling
Team player enviroment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  501 Great Circle RoadJune 10, 2018
My coworkers all work well together as a team. Management at times micromanage on the wrong things. Sometimes worry about layoffs here. Bonus is being afforded the opportunity to work from home.
Pros
remote
Cons
micromanaging
Director in Respiratory horrible! Don't go!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 9, 2018
The place is fast paced during the winter, get sent home in the summer. The director only listens to the people that complain or tell on others first. The opinions of his therapist don't matter unless it's from his leads. Leads will get there way fair or not. The respiratory department has gone to poo in the last year! Not the place to work if you want to be treated fairly and work as a team. Not going to happen there!
Cons
Everything, drama, deceit backstabbing
productive
No work experience (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
good working environment communication skills were learned.Great recruiting team! Help me along the way made me feel very confidence. The interviewing supervisor was very friendly and made me feel at ease during the interview. The panel was great, all very nice people.
It was a good job working clerical work which I love to do
Executive Secretary, Development Dept (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 23, 2018
The job came from a temporary job,and they oftered me a permanent job. The pay was good,my first manager was great. I got to help the hospital get money from donations
Pros
good pay, good first manager, good to help the hospital get donations
Cons
the last boss that wouldn't let me come back after my first baby, when I wanted a little more time off work after her birth
I have fun at work.
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 22, 2018
I love working with the people a Baptist. I learn how to be a sitter and careview and una. And the hardest part is the doctor orders I like meeting new people and new co-worker.
love working here
Administrative Assistant To Director/AVP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2018
team work is key is the company. I love the unity within the staff and how everyone is willing to help each other. Its is a faith based company which I am very happy to be a part of.
Risk Management Intern
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
Inventory and organize decontamination zones, create decision tree for severe weather situations, assist with training exercises, sit and contribute opinions during meetings.