Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2018
I have worked for Baptist for the last year. Compared to other facilities I have been a bedside RN at, this is where I see myself staying. The managers care about you and your workload. I was also admitted to their leadership academy. I respect them looking to promote from within their company.
Nurses Advance but No One Else Does
Charge Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2018
I loved my time at Baptist Hospital. The only issue is that you will not advance unless you are a nurse. Regardless of your education or experience, every other discipline is overlooked. This is extremely unfortunate as other hospitals cultivate employees who are not nurses. If you aspire to be more and are in radiology or Respiratory or business, look somewhere else.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
baptist hospital of SETX
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2018
stressful. could care less about tenure workers. health benefits and pay are horrible. great coworker relationships. best med surg director 2ne. no place for advancement for young nurses. t
Pros
fun units
Cons
pay, health insurance, cno, management
Enjoyed working for company.
HR ASSISTANT/ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked behind the scenes and was very involved with the staff of the hospital and administration. Enjoyed being hands on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication
Baptist Hospital
Utilization Review Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Overall the hospital has a great workplace culture and tries to do right by the employees. The benefits and salaries for non-clinical staff have room for improvement, but they could also be worse.
Burn out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2018
I loved bedside nursing, but got burned put from being consistently understaffed. We would get loads of admissions even without regard to our current acuity and staffing levels. The unit Director was great, but the hospital was going through some changes in upper management. A temporary CNO had stepped in and the entire hospital seemed to change. She removed floating differential pay which made other nurses not want to float, but then made all floors open to pull when previously we were closed units with option to float with compensation. An L&D nurse pulled to telemetry or vise versa is not ideal.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary increases even if they are yearly
Okay
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 16, 2017
Not enough hours and benefits are not really good .... raises are far and in between .... pay is not really good at all but I loved my coworkers and the people
Pros
People are okay
Cons
Low pay no advancement no hours
Supportive environment, good pay and benefits. Staffing issues seemed chronic.
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 29, 2017
This was an exciting and challenging position in which I learned a lot in a very short time as a director. The pay and benefits initially seemed adequate until some hospital wide staffing decreases required directors to not only run their individual units, but to staff them as well, resulting in my being away from home for 12 to 16 hours a day at times. Twenty four hour responsibility for adequate nurse to patient ratios with less and less help from the staffing pool ultimately led to myself rarely being able to relax at home with my school age child and ultimately my resignation. I often miss the actual job and the group of people who worked for me. Had it not been for the long hours, (more suited perhaps to a single person) I would still be there.
Pros
Food served at most meetings, promotional gifts, employee recognition events quite often.
Cons
Hospital-wide staffing issues.
Stressful
Quality Assurance LVN (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 5, 2017
Difficult work life balance. Staff is under constant pressure to not miss any work or else. This can be difficult for people with children in daycare.
productive
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2017
Constantly busy and no down time. I learned how to do infant blood draws and PKU's. Management was alright, there was a lot of mixed feelings about the place and when they say something would be done it doesn't. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management and trying to juggle everything that the job entitled to at first but after about a week it became easier and easy to manage. The most enjoyable part was being able to do my job proficiently and effective and quickly.
Pros
payroll deduction for lunches
Cons
healthcare
Na
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  BmtJanuary 25, 2017
Lack professionalism, not enough work space lack of training for different area.Typical day at work meeting and interviewing clients.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, high turn over
Great company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Great company to work for. Always friendly and a fast paced environment. Management was always super helpful and encouraging.
Great benefits, flexible schedule
Quality Control Indexing Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work. Room for growth. Not too busy or noisy in the medical records department. Great work incentives. Great coworkers and management team.
benefits
Cons
pay
Great place to work! Co-workers are just like family!!
CT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 10, 2015
I truely loved my job as CT supervisor, while employed at this hospital and will miss working with so many caring individuals. During my employment, the CT department has been the busiest modality in the hospital, with years of working an average of 100 hours overtime. I worked through 3 hurricances, and also assisted in x-ray, nuclear medicine, mri, ultrasound, mammography, and surgery. I started working in CT directly out of college in Pampa, Texas, where I was self trained, as result of only other ct technologist quitting. It was here that I also worked by myself in ct and took all the call for almost 2 years, as well as taking xray call back. I was excited to be learning so quickly and also started doing mammograms, but had no opportunity to persue it in Orange,Texas, because there were no openings and had 5 mammography employees already. I was working at a hospital that didn't require CT registration and was so overworked most of the time, but am currently studying for the CT registry. I am a fast learner and have wanted to learn mri or nuc. medicine, but my job needed me to stay solely in CT and only assist other areas when abIe. I have been involved in "Partners In Caring", was sole person in charge of "The Hospital Artwork Update", and nominated as "Employee Of The Year" 2014, and recognized for outstanding patience and exceptional commitment to education by 2013 Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas School of Radiology Technology, in Beaumont, Texas. I love people and am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter of my life, but it will be hard to beat my  more... last job!!  less
Pros
Great benefits! Area with great seafood and fishing!! Beaches!
Cons
Lot of CT call hours through the years!!
A Good Place to Learn
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 27, 2014
By working here, I have been able to acquire many skills fresh out of nursing school.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Full-Time RN, Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 9, 2014
Fast-paced environment focused on providing patient-focused care
emergency nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 14, 2013
Staff have high burn out due to poor staffing and high acuity.
Pros
very educational
Cons
poor staffing, work many holidays and weekends