Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 24, 2018
I say we worked on the honor we had carts that we had to feel it was a good environment to work in sometimes it be cold sometimes it be hot we also had to do orange stuff
Pros
A discount on your lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
STAFF RN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 9, 2018
Baptist is one of 3 main hospitals around Southeast Texas. Capable of handling outpatient and inpatient. One of the bigger ER's in the area. Upper management was a downside to this facility
Cashier
Relief Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasApril 8, 2018
Work at Baptist was the best ever was able to learn and received great experience in certain areas in the hospital. Inspired me to become Medical Office Administration so I can work in Emergency room dept.
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2018
I have worked for Baptist for the last year. Compared to other facilities I have been a bedside RN at, this is where I see myself staying. The managers care about you and your workload. I was also admitted to their leadership academy. I respect them looking to promote from within their company.
Nurses Advance but No One Else Does
Charge Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2018
I loved my time at Baptist Hospital. The only issue is that you will not advance unless you are a nurse. Regardless of your education or experience, every other discipline is overlooked. This is extremely unfortunate as other hospitals cultivate employees who are not nurses. If you aspire to be more and are in radiology or Respiratory or business, look somewhere else.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Productive and fun to work with.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2018
Excellent Work place. I love my previous work. The laboratory is a place where everyone is being helped. We analyze different kinds od body fluids and blood samples. Our work helps in the diagnosis of diseases. I love to be of help in the treating people who are sick. With the laboratory, physicians are able to see the real problems people face. Medical technologists are the unsung heroes in every hospital because people do not see us but before anyone else we are the first ones who sees what is wrong in every sample submitted to us for testing. This I am most proud of , to be of help in the proper diagnosis of diseases and so patients get a good prognosis.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 minutes break
baptist hospital of SETX
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2018
stressful. could care less about tenure workers. health benefits and pay are horrible. great coworker relationships. best med surg director 2ne. no place for advancement for young nurses. t
Pros
fun units
Cons
pay, health insurance, cno, management
Enjoyed working for company.
HR ASSISTANT/ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked behind the scenes and was very involved with the staff of the hospital and administration. Enjoyed being hands on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication
Producitve and Fun work environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Baptist and would recommend anyone to work there. The staff and doctors are very friendly and it's an awesome work environment. The only con was the pay rate, I feel they could pay more for patient transporting.
Pros
Friendly environment and co-workers
Cons
Paay Rate
Productive and Fun work environment
PATIENT TRANSPORTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasJanuary 27, 2018
I worked as a patient transporter for 12 years and I loved my job when I worked at Baptist. I would definitely recommend working here. The only con was the pay rate for the work I did, I feel that they could pay more.
Pros
Excellent Atmosphere and friendly employees
Cons
The pay rate
productivity
CPht (Certified Pharmacy Technician) (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work and learn in the field of Pharmacy. We had the opportunity to interact with staff and develop a working relationship to enhance the quality of patient care in the hospital.
Baptist Hospital
Utilization Review Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Overall the hospital has a great workplace culture and tries to do right by the employees. The benefits and salaries for non-clinical staff have room for improvement, but they could also be worse.
Burn out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2018
I loved bedside nursing, but got burned put from being consistently understaffed. We would get loads of admissions even without regard to our current acuity and staffing levels. The unit Director was great, but the hospital was going through some changes in upper management. A temporary CNO had stepped in and the entire hospital seemed to change. She removed floating differential pay which made other nurses not want to float, but then made all floors open to pull when previously we were closed units with option to float with compensation. An L&D nurse pulled to telemetry or vise versa is not ideal.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary increases even if they are yearly
Contractor
Remote Contractor (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJDecember 19, 2017
Excellent Company to work for/with. Really treats contractors well. The IT department does very good work and are timely. The Helpdesk is one of the best and are available 24 seven.
Pros
Good workers
Ok place to work
Quality Control Auditing Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 18, 2017
Employee pay is not very good for the required duties. Not a very good benefit package for employees of a hospital. Morale has since dropped from beginning of career.
great unit director, not so great hospital administration
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 13, 2017
I loved bedside nursing. My unit director was great with working to provide each of us days off as requested. However, I felt I was sitting in front of a computer more than actually being at the bedside. We would get slammed with admissions and most of the time were short staffed. It seemed upper management did not care how we were suffering as long as there were heads in beds.I got burned out real quick and had to leave because I was not going to risk my license or someone's life over poor staffing and excessive admissions.
Okay
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 16, 2017
Not enough hours and benefits are not really good .... raises are far and in between .... pay is not really good at all but I loved my coworkers and the people
Pros
People are okay
Cons
Low pay no advancement no hours
Good learning facility
CT Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed the types of exams seen daily. Given the ability to branch out into other modalities in the radiology department. You are given the opportunity to learn a lot over the time you are employed at that facility.
Very productive
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 1, 2017
Great culture people are friendly almost like family and the patient truly need help so its a blessing to bless other while being able to provide for your family financially.
Pros
All ataff cares
Cons
Management doesnt
Great group
Charge Nurse Postpartum (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 15, 2017
It was a wonderful experience. I made many life long friends here. The nurses are very caring and are passionate about what they do. I loved working there.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no time for lunch breaks