Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas Employee Reviews

flexible schedule
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 4, 2018
I have learned a lot since I has been working in the hospital. I have learned how to assessment the patients, improved my critical thinking and provided professional care
It was ok
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 15, 2018
I did not stay at this lab too long due to relocating from Beaumont, Tx to Houston, Tx. I was a great job for a fresh Medical Technologist right out of college to get some experience and year for my resume. Great management and leadership in every dept.
Treat LVNs bad
LVN (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 12, 2018
The bullying going on is outrageous and Management has their favorites and nothing you say or do will change this ..management knows what is going on.. LVN can do almost all of what a RN does but pay is about half,and Baptist thinks this is okay,pay is about $3-4hr less than other places . Insurance is $$$$ and not so good . Baptist does not care about their employees! Baptist cares about the numbers!! BUT I do think they have some great nurses, who by the way continue to gripe that they cant wait for their contract to be done so they can go elsewhere!!
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Pay, managment, under staffed
Company is Mia managed and not ran well
Surgical First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Company was in dire straits, not well ran. More about money then patient care. Stressful work environment . Employees not taken care of. Management not caring
Pros
Cons
Working there
great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Its a great place to work for they offer benifets full time part time and prn shifts. They have great team memebrs and staff to help with any poistion.
Baptist has a blame culture
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2018
Very little credit is given for a job well done or when you have gone above and beyond the call of duty. However, the smallest detail can forgotten and results with a conference with the charge nurse.
Telemetry Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 5, 2018
I do not recommend this unit for newely graduated nurses. This unit is not supportive and assurances are thrust aside without regard for the possible consequences for patients. For example, “You’re a new nurse we will not have you handle the most critical patients.” This initial reassurance was broken very early on. Also this is a floor containing rebellious subordinates and psychologically abusive leaders.
Good workplace
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 24, 2018
I say we worked on the honor we had carts that we had to feel it was a good environment to work in sometimes it be cold sometimes it be hot we also had to do orange stuff
Pros
A discount on your lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 18, 2018
Bad experiences ,management don't care about there people, lunch breaks are short, to many Chief and not enough Indians. Lack of pay and time off is bad
Pros
Free medical
Cons
Short breaks
I have fun at work.
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 22, 2018
I love working with the people a Baptist. I learn how to be a sitter and careview and una. And the hardest part is the doctor orders I like meeting new people and new co-worker.
Provides a great environment and professional atmosphere to work in.
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 11, 2018
My day begins at 7am. I am the shift supervisor responsible for 4 security officers. We begin our day by conducting security rounds of entire hospital and parking areas. I complete security rounds throughout the emergency room and adjacent areas. We respond to alarms and any other situational concerns that may arise throughout the shift.
Ok
STAFF RN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 9, 2018
Baptist is one of 3 main hospitals around Southeast Texas. Capable of handling outpatient and inpatient. One of the bigger ER's in the area. Upper management was a downside to this facility
Cashier
Relief Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasApril 8, 2018
Work at Baptist was the best ever was able to learn and received great experience in certain areas in the hospital. Inspired me to become Medical Office Administration so I can work in Emergency room dept.
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2018
I have worked for Baptist for the last year. Compared to other facilities I have been a bedside RN at, this is where I see myself staying. The managers care about you and your workload. I was also admitted to their leadership academy. I respect them looking to promote from within their company.
Nurses Advance but No One Else Does
Charge Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2018
I loved my time at Baptist Hospital. The only issue is that you will not advance unless you are a nurse. Regardless of your education or experience, every other discipline is overlooked. This is extremely unfortunate as other hospitals cultivate employees who are not nurses. If you aspire to be more and are in radiology or Respiratory or business, look somewhere else.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Productive and fun to work with.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2018
Excellent Work place. I love my previous work. The laboratory is a place where everyone is being helped. We analyze different kinds od body fluids and blood samples. Our work helps in the diagnosis of diseases. I love to be of help in the treating people who are sick. With the laboratory, physicians are able to see the real problems people face. Medical technologists are the unsung heroes in every hospital because people do not see us but before anyone else we are the first ones who sees what is wrong in every sample submitted to us for testing. This I am most proud of , to be of help in the proper diagnosis of diseases and so patients get a good prognosis.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 minutes break
Very productive and interesting place to work.
Scheduler/Admitting/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 8, 2018
My typical day started early and very busy meeting many interesting people. I was able to help them with direction, confusion and answering questions, which also help me to be very flexible with many different personalities. My supervisor entrusted me with responsibilities of initiative and discernment. The most important aspect of the job was putting the patient at ease, making them comfortable and maintaining their privacy. This made for a productive day for me, without incident.
baptist hospital of SETX
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2018
stressful. could care less about tenure workers. health benefits and pay are horrible. great coworker relationships. best med surg director 2ne. no place for advancement for young nurses. t
Pros
fun units
Cons
pay, health insurance, cno, management
Enjoyed working for company.
HR ASSISTANT/ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked behind the scenes and was very involved with the staff of the hospital and administration. Enjoyed being hands on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication
face paced and productive
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Learning to accommodate not only my department but any other department if a patient needed assistance with anything, as far as a glass of water and taking the time to care and show sacred affection with sickly people.
Pros
discounted meals