Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
watching life come into the world was amazing
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2018
This was not my favorite job - work environment was not friendly, benefits were not really beneficial. Staff were not friendly. There were so so many young mothers (13-14 years old) who tended to be somewhat ignorant of good healthcare and my heart would bleed for them. Workplace culture again was cutthroat for same reasons as mentioned in North Kansas CIty. The most enjoyable part of the job was the newborns. The worst part of the job was a doctor who was unaware of some of the aspects of delivering babies - caused an inverted uterus and was unaware of it - creating a dangerous situation for the mother.
Pros
the newborns and working in the operating room assisting in c-sections
Cons
the work enviroment
stressful but a good learning opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2018
I learned a lot in my time with Baptist. I was not thrilled about the culture of the last unit of which I was employed. My manager frequently picked favorites and talked about other people's personal issues with staff.
good workplace
Dietary Aide and Dietary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
everyone got along and made team work easy and ran everything in good order. supervisors helpful and very wonderful even nurses were very helpful and friendly. food was always good and patients enjoyed it.
Pros
low pay
Cons
short breaks
Administrative Assistant to VP Medical Affairs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2018
Maintained VP's calendar, set meetings, liaison between administration and medical staff. Minutes for meetings, maintained medical staff bylaws and attending medical staff meeting. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I had a great boss!
Pros
benefits, free health screening
Cons
some unethical employee behavior
Baptist Student
Medical Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207August 12, 2018
Working here you will be comfortable. I feel like this is a job you have on the way to the actual career you want. You don’t want to work as a MLA for the rest of your life. It’s a fun job, you learn on site and get to see a lot of cool things. If you’re trying to get a job it’s best to be certified in phlebotomy and have experience as an MLA. It is not a requirement though. You can learn on site for both. This job is perfect for students in college or young adults. That’s not to say we don’t have older adults, because we have a lot more older than young. Baptist is one of the lowest paying hospitals in Jacksonville even though we are one of the highest ranked by patients. You will only get holiday pay for Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and New Years Day. BUT you will never have to be afraid of losing your job. Parking was horrible, but with the new lot it has been better. With all that being said it has been one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Flexible for students, tuition reimbursement, never fear losing your job
Cons
Horrible pay, parking
I enjoy working at BMC because it feels like a family environment on my unit.
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
I really do enjoy my job at BMC but the pay is not enough for me & my family. I will keep BMC as my current job because my unit is like a family friendly unit. Also, I learn something every time I work & I appreciate my senior nurses for their guidance.
Pros
Movie tickets, occasional bonuses, free meal tickets
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay
Rn
Medical/Surgical-Telemetry RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2018
Lowest RN pay of the Jacksonville hospitals and chronically short staffed, but most hospitals are currently. Advancement opportunities are available. I would come back to Baptist in the future.
Staff nurse/Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2018
My first job as a nurse. I learned a lot. All team members were helpful with training and were very caring towards patients and family’s. Team memb r were very skilled in crisis situations.
Typical Day at Work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  South Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical date at work, entails working in the various areas of the lab. Since I come in at 6 am, I try to make sure that quality control is ran and that the other technologist are caught up in there work.

I have learned teamwork and having to work with different mind sets. The hardest part of the job is work with instrument failure; but usually there is backup, whether it's different instrumentation or having to send samples to another sister laboratory.
mutual respect policy
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
Awesome company treats all employees with respect from the Janitor to the CEO. Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Fl really emphasis customer service and truly wants every patient to feel special.
Pros
salary
Cons
location
Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2018
Back when I worked at Baptist Medical Center it was not part of Richland Memorial Hospital. It would be difficult to say what it is like to work there today.
Pros
Staff
The Flexibility
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 27, 2018
The pay is ok but the flexibility is great. The 12 hour shifts helps a lot for families. You will learn a lot of valuable skills. management could use some work.
Pros
flexibilt
overall experience at Baptist
Bed Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2018
Every Day is a good day at Baptist Health. I've been this job for over 10 years and has never had a problem with management or my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people and the fact that Baptist Health makes room for growth.
Job Review
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 19, 2018
Working at the Baptist Hospital was a enjoyable experience, working with the Nursing staff and helping patients with their daily activities. The hardest part was trying to help individuals that did not want your help but you had to perform job in spite of difficult situations. The most enyoyable part was knowing you've help someone get on their feet and continue life.
This place is awful
Authorization Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2018
The management never had control of the teams or team leads. He would allow all types of chaos to go on there. The job wasn't bad but the work environment was very stressful.
Pros
Cons
Benefits terrible poor work environment
no thank you
Staff Nurse ll (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
I am not comfortable sharing this info on this site, I appreciate the opportunity but I am not comfortable thank you but with due respect I must pass.
review summary
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
worked overnight in SPD
more knowledge of instruments to pertain to CST
great management
great culture
great group of co workers
great teamwork
autonomy
Patient care at a top notch level
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 4, 2018
Patient care is at the highest level provided by a team of doctors, nurses and therapists who communicate in a professional manner to ensure the best care to be given
Hospital is closed
RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2018
Hospital is closed. Worked in ICU. Liked the people I worked with and the ancillary staff. Worked nights. Left in 2001 to start employment as NP with United Medical Group.
Information Associate (Former Employee) –  3rd Floor DeskJune 25, 2018
My first position at BHMCA. It was a great learning experience and I was proud to be apart of a team the was Patient Care. Taking Medical Terminology classes and learning so much about the Medical Field
Pros
patient care and learning about the Medical Field
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight