Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation
59Below average

Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews

United States626 reviews
Great learning environment! Work friendly place. Good management. Ok benefits. A good hospital to build up good nursing skills without the swelling feet and headache at end of day. A good place to start out then move on!
Please stay away from CSC jobs especially in the Desoto area. I can’t say for other regions. You will be blamed and written up for things out of your control.
The benefits are great but the pay is poor. The night shift nurses are loud and are always trying to figure out how to get out of doing their job. Assignment distribution is not fair and the PCAs do very little to help take care of the patients. The management is poor and are very unmotivated in helping the company achieve a positive work environment. The charge nurse spends
all night on the phone with her spouse instead of paying attention to what is happening on the unit. Not a team oriented environment
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
Baptist has the potential to be such a great place to work if the Management were REPLACED with more competent people who had honor and respect for their employees. Instead they constantly have their employees stressed out walking on eggshells afraid of getting fired for some petty reason. Employees backstab and try to get others fired. Especially in Baptist Onecare.
I never worked a job where people quit everyday including directors without notices. This is a not a great place to work. They over work you with very little compensation. Bonuses are never. You always feel like your job is on line. This is a good place to get experience if you do not have any. My first day my personal goal was to make it 6 months and learn as much as I can. I started looking for job 3 months within.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I wasn't able to get the schedule I needed to take care of my children. Daycare rates at Baptist are insanely too high. My manager wasnt flexible to meet my needs or coworkers needs as far as scheduling goes and HR was most definitely NOT helpful in trying to find a resolution.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Management, work shifts, pay
Great place to work, everyone pitches in and helps get the job done. Management always doing what they can to make job better. Great head nurses. Looking forward to working at Baptist again
Pleasant work environment. I enjoy daily banter with co-workers. Everyone is very patient centered and focused on delivering best healthcare to the community.
Managers are only concerned about their reviews, not supporting and uplifting their employees. The company talks about a lot of good things but doesn't apply them to the lowest level employees. Some teams work elbow to elbow in cramped rooms, while other teams have large cubicles.
The patients are my main concern.Greeting them with a smile really made my day.Serving them their meals three times a day I really loved it.Calling out their birthday to them was fun to ,cause some of them did not remember their s.
If you want to be treated fairly try a different location not the county location. All about favoritism. The person that’s running a certain department position was handed down to them from their uncle / aunt / church member. Great benefits and pay. Oh and if you decide to return to the company they will only rehire certain people. It’s all about “ who you know “.
They need to focus more on incentives to keep employees. Some benefits were decreased during my employment but my pay was never decreased. Upper management is somewhat secretive to employees about changes. A lot of things I found out that involved our floor and me personally was already known to others that weren't directly involved.
I was hired to work for one Nurse Practitioner whom I respect, admire, and thank with all my heart for the time I worked WITH her. She taught me, she made me FEEL like a part of the healthcare team because I am. She encouraged me to further my education and is someone I am truly blessed for knowing. The rest of the clinical “professionals” spent more time on Facebook and gossiping than actually working. The Medical Director cared
About his numbers and that was all. The company as a whole is two -faced, profit driven, and cares more about surveys than the patients that they have everyday.
The staff of the ICU is what keeps me coming back for more. They are so helpful and kind. It takes a lot of stress out of your day when you know you have people you can depend on.
Top quality. You can feel the difference when you walk in a Baptist Hospital. The expect superior quality from their employees and it shows. Their training and onboarding is the absolute best. After Day 1 of the main orientation in Memphis you feel like a rock star! You also, realize how important it is to meet the expectation of Baptist and they give you the tools to meet those goals.
There's a lot of potential at Baptist, however the company culture is currently struggling and has been for quite some time. Employees are given conflicting direction from management and little direction on how to complete tasks. People are frequently chastised for not following the correct processes, but no one can tell you the correct way to do something until after you do it wrong. Management doesn't set priorities with the long-term in mind but focuses on what looks good in the moment. Promotions are made arbitrarily and those promoted aren't given actual growth opportunities, just a different title. It can be rewarding when you're able to work to get the healthcare providers or patients something that makes a difference, but you'll be working overtime if you want to accomplish these projects as just getting things done is prioritized over doing the right thing.
Although there were personal issues within the specific department I had the pleasure of working in, overall Baptist Memorial Healthcare is an amazing company to work for. I especially loved the quarterly meetings that involved every employee in the hospital that informed us of our groups’ national progress, successes, weaknesses in order to grow, and of course-door prizes. Orientation for new employees is so much fun and welcoming. I loved my time there.
I really loved working here!! There were great people, benefits, and perks! They have us discounts on everthing i can think of. I would recommend woking here to anyone.
Firstly it’s a production job! No clear direction, no efficient plans for work queue! Run and save yourself!! Do not work in RBO downtown Jackson. The director Beverly is a snake! She is very unprofessional, it’s her way or the highway! She has minions who patrol the office! The director doesn’t speak all she does is hum all day! She lacks people’s skill and the ability to recognize reality vs non reality! She is not designed for her position! It’s more of a dictatorship rather than a place of employment!
Everyone here has their own special and important task in this hospital. Most that do their job here do it outstandingly. Everyone treats each other with respect and politeness.
Calhoun is a tight knit group and we work together perfectly. I have learned a tremendous amount from my upper nurses. We all work together like no other. I am shocked at how wonderful the nurses are!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight