Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews

Former employee
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 14, 2019
Very low pay. 9.75 to start. Always short staffed. Lack of team work. Too much child like drama. Always wanted you to do more than you could ever do with the staff you had. Sometimes only 2 phlebotomist for the entire hospital. Always told to do what you can. Nurses were very helpful to work with. ED nurses always stepped in to help. 20+ yrs of experience in the field. Alot of favoritism shown with certain people.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Low pay, low staff, stressful atmosphere, management didn't care
Very political and unorganized enviroment. Management come from mom and pop businesses and have no clue about a professional culture
Payer Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2019
Pay is good but environment and management cause undue stress. Worst manager I've ever had. A lot of favoritism and unfairness involved in promotion process.
Place sucked
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 31, 2019
I dont recomend the EVS department at all! Management favorites miss all the days they want everyone else gets pointed for pto days everything. They honestly sucked. Not to mention the suspended you for 4 weeks just to fire you. Of course i quit in the when they tried that bullcrap. You pay spend 50-70 a week just to eat and drink during your 40 hours.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks, uncaring staff, everything
Great place, Poor respiratory management
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2019
The hospital overall is amazing, great coworkers, amazing Physcians, the ability to use your skills in a multitude of situations. The downfall of it all was the management of the rt department, they are unprofessional and will not help you advance your career. The leads are just as bad due to the fact that they will not help you if you are overwhelmed, they sit in the office and will not take an assignment. The ratio of staff and patients is out of this world, not being able to practice safe care and batching treatments is the only way to get everything they give you done. Will leave two therapists on the floors with 60+ treatments for that round and as said prior, leads will not assist you or take a few patients for themselves. Just overall a stressful and negative department to work for.
Pros
The coworkers, the drs, protocol driven
Cons
Bad management, overwhelming workload, lead therapists unhelpful
Robot mentality-Confined to your seat
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2019
Call Center and stressful environment, staff are buddies with supervisor so watch what you say or do because there is spies all over. Keep to yourself and do not I repeat DO NOT express your feeling/opinion to no one or they will label you and pick with you until you leave or get fired. No growth opportunity in this dept PERIOD...... Training horrible you are training yourself.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No flex time, manager buddies with staff
Black CNAs don’t waste your time
PCA ll (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 9, 2019
If you are the type of CNA who stands up for yourself at all times don’t even think about coming here. You will immediately become a target. The good ole wypeple will make sure you lose your job as fast as you got it. I was fired for patient neglect and didn’t find out about the write up until two days later. That was not the proper way to handle that. If a patient was in any harm I should have known the same night I worked NOT 2 DAYS LATER! Then the manager believed everything that was written in the write up. I desperately defended myself and didn’t sign the write up because I didn’t see any neglect with my own two eyes...I was fired 3 days later shortly after my 90 day probationary period. At night you will work either by yourself with a team of lazy nurses who bark orders or with another CNA and since they are so short every night more than likely one of you will be pulled to another floor to cover staffing. They can’t keep anyone because they don’t know how to talk to you, the management is so disoriented, and the pay sucks. The patients are so demanding. They think because you work at a hospital that you are some type of superhuman who can help them do anything..and if you’re weak they will take advantage of you. Do not jeopardize your certification. They pay the same as nursing homes in the area so don’t think you’re gonna be making big bucks. Same ole mess with 10x more stress. Don’t do it.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
30 min break for 12 hour shifts (WTF?!), bias, short staffed at night, lazy nurses, low pay, bad management, food is high
Don't work here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2019
Always severely understaffed, unsafe patient loads, and disorganized management.

A pro is that because the lack of staffing there is always room for you to work overtime to make some extra money.
Protect your license
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MississippiDecember 25, 2018
Constantly understaffed. Inappropriate admissions. ICU charge nurse would refuse an MD ordered transfer to the unit. Zero back up from any management.
Pros
All the hours you wanted
Cons
Everything else
Adminstrator unit co-ordination (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2018
Great place to work, Pay is good. The doctors and nurses are great. You pretty much made your own schedule first come first serve . You work with your co workers when making your schedule. They are always encouraging you to further you education.
Pros
Pay, people you work with, pay for tuition
Cons
How your occurrences are calculated
Worst Place Ever to Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 24, 2018
Its the worst!!!! Directors,Managers and supervisors show favoritism. 90% of the time you are working by yourself and there is never enough supplies. The EVS department is understaffed and under payed. You don't receive holiday pay and if You are off for a holiday you have to use your own PTO to get paid for that particular day. The point system is also a problem, if you do accumulate points it takes 2 years for the points to fall off your record, and not to mention the racism that is still showed on a daily basis. Baptist Desoto needs a complete overhaul starting from the top. As the old saying go you get what you pay for and thats exactly what Baptist-Desoto is getting overworked, stressed and underpayed employess. Can't wait to find better
Pros
I loved my co workers
Cons
Low pay
dissapointing
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 12, 2018
Management placed employees in a horrible work environment in the way they were treated, all employees were viewed as tools that could easily be replaced and no compassion or empathy for them
Baptist
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2018
Baptist is a great company to work for. The position I had did not pay well and it did not offer any room for advancement. I am always wanting to grow and learn more to educate myself and I just did not have that opportunity there.
Management is horrible
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2018
Working at Baptist I experience being treated as a lower class employee. The nurses treat the housekeepers like they are nobody's. Management isnt compassionate about their employees especially the one's that have children. Evs workers also get treated as if they are children. There is a lot of lack of respect towards the housekeepers coming from management. At orientation they painted a beautiful picture about how wonderful it is to work for Baptist and how everyone is a teamplayer....all of that was a lie. Very misleading. I really wish i never left my previous job thinking that working for Baptist wouldve been a better opportunity. I guess i was wrong.
Cons
Point system
Great Work/Life Balance and excellent benefits
Oncology Finance Counselor/Navigator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 15, 2018
I have worked for Baptist a total of 10 years and I love working for Baptist. They offer great benefits and the Manager I have now is amazing! She really cares for her team and what she is doing. She is very involved and hands-on. She does not micro-manage she puts the right people in place and trusts they are going to get the job done. Our entire team is amazing! We have great work/life balance and they are always encouraging advancement. We pray with one another and for one another. There is a devotional conference call every Monday and we pray at all meeting small and large. This is a Christ centered company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Can't think of any
Excellent job
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 12, 2018
Enjoyed working for company,met and was befriended by many coworkers and patients over the years.Educational incin.,job promotions,recruitment fees for new hire
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Insurance Harvesting Machine
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2018
There’s a great veneer of a misson statement, core valurs & how valuable employees are. Under that veneer and you find an inept, profit driven administration that only cares about getting all the revenue possible from each patient visit. There is zero loyalty to long term employees, who are laided off periodically. To avoid age discrimination charges the job description is changed just enough to hold up in court.
Pros
None that counter the cons
Cons
Poor short sighted administration, profit over principles, hypocritical actions
Poor management!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2018
I loved working here! The job was super easy & you could get as much overtime as you wanted. But the management absolutely sucked!! Supervisors showed favoritism, and treated people like kids! They harassed me for the entire 5 months I was there. I was forced to quit because I felt like I was a target!
Productive Work Environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  MississippiOctober 29, 2018
Enjoyed working overnight more than on day shift. Nurse manager was very helpful when it came to resolving issues with scheduling conflicts, coworkers, or any other issues that may come up.
Productive and good work place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2018
It was a great place to work but a team place to be a part of. It was a place of discovery and learning. Doctors from around the world. You are able to work in every department of every medical area .Baptist has it's own School of Nursing and College of Medicine.
Pros
Surgery Procedures, Assistance, Research
Cons
Short breaks, Schedules
Great place to work with good benefits.
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 20, 2018
Baptist Hospital is a great place to work with great benefits. This was my second time to be hired. Open to going back to work at Baptist Hospital only in another capacity. Baptist Hospital strives for excellence in patient care, and customer service . Employees are given awards recommended by patients reviews.
Pros
Yearly pay rate increases, great benefits
Cons
12 hours shifts become taxing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation.

Powered by Comparably