Bar Louie Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It has been a long time since i was there
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 16, 2018
I was the FOH manager and worked a lot of hours. It was a stressful position because of the the lack of organization and leadership. It is my understanding that it is now a better place to work
The Bar Louie I worked at was a private franchise owner.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
Horrible place to work, it was a privately owned franchise location. They cut corners on everything they did. They did not follow recipes, they used very poor product for a lot of the menu items. I did however train in a corporate store, and that was ran like it was supposed to be.
Pros
Cons
To many to explain.
Great place
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAAugust 8, 2018
I love bar louie but they just dont offer enough & do not give out pay raises , the general manager needs more experience with his BOH cooks , they do not train you also you have to walk in an just asume you know what your doing its not organized at all
Pros
Great experience great people
Cons
The general manager does not have enough experience
Fun work environment
KITCHEN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 6, 2018
Great company. Worked with my hours. Moved up really fast. Great starting pay. Learned a lot in a short amount of time. Highly recommend to anyone is the food industry.
I loved my coworkers but...
Server (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAAugust 6, 2018
Depending what location you work at, is what you will earn at bar louie. I use to work at a northern VA location making decent money, then worked at a location in central virginia and made very little.
Great company with poor managment choices
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 5, 2018
Excellent place to work but location is to busy for amount of managers. required to work over 60 hours a week for not enough money. happy hour late in the evening makes being in the kitchen to stressful
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
stress and long work hours
Fun workplace, but very chaotic and disorganized, not very nice workers at times
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2018
I really wanted to pull my hair out the majority of the time I was there. The money was okay, but the stress, coworkers, and management wasn’t worth it.
Pros
Money was okay
Cons
Horrible staff, stressful environment
this was a great job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
i went to this job with no server experience and they took me in and taught me the trade and equipped me with skills that i took forward to my next jobs.
Very fun, great experience !!
Server (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 29, 2018
Working at bar louie as a PT server was an enjoyable experience! My manager was amazing and the best advice she gave me was to “BE MYSELF”! Being myself help me feel more comfortable around the customers and employees!! Unfortunately I’m no longer there because I slip & mistakenly broke a rule.. My advice to the Newbies, never get to comfortable and always remember the rules!!! One love !! I am Bar Louie!!
Pros
Discounts on the amazing food!
Cons
Stabilized Staff
Liked the dress code, thats about it.
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2018
Constant revolving door of employees needing training, never having a stable team. Only concern of management was filled shifts and good numbers.
No equal opportunities, favorites were obvious. I was nearly fired until I threatened calling labor laws.
Pros
Half off food discounts
Cons
No breaks
Productive fast paced environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJuly 26, 2018
Management is some of the best I have worked for. You are constantly standing and working in a fast pace sometimes for long extended hours. Staff and co-workers and very friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Management and culture is amazing!
Cons
Sometimes can be working long hours
Server
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJuly 23, 2018
While I was working there they Sometimes messed up my pay. Very unprofessional. Menus is great. Very clean. Side work was fair. Scheduling is fair .
Busy
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 23, 2018
Made a lot of money which is the goal. The menu strives for more than the restaurant seems capable of delivering. The one I worked at always seemed two steps behind.
One of the hardest companies to work for
Server / Hostess / Bartender (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
Bar Louie was a particularly difficult company to work for as it was glaringly obvious that the CEO didn't care too much about what was going on at his establishments.
They closed unexpectedly, with absolutely no notice, leaving nearly 30 people jobless.
even though the number of this particular restaurant were substantially up from the previous years, it felt as though our time was taken advantage of and we weren't treated fairly through out most of the time being employed there.
fast and stressful
Cook and Server (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 16, 2018
just like any restaurant its a fast pace and stressful job. had lots of laughs and memories there. not for everyone who can't take pressure. you will be busy at all time.
Pros
free meal
Cons
busy
Poor management, high turnover, slow pace, and not enough money
Server (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 16, 2018
I think my review title says it all, but working for Bar Louie has been an OK job for myself, however there are a lot of problems. The management team itself is a real issue; there is no real communication between the management team and this really effects their employees because there is no communication among employees as well! The place is a mess, and not only this, the turnover rate is through the roof. People come and go so quick, guests see new faces so often they feel like they're at a new restaurant. In addition, the place is dirty and it smells. Customer's complain all the time how dirty it is, yet management doesn't take any initiative to have their employees clean. And as for the money, the hourly pay is OK, however the clientele and their tips are hard to survive off of.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, no benefits, poor management
Great place with great people
Server (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 11, 2018
I loved working here besides dollar burger nite my co worker were like a family and I do miss them. My management staff while they messed up from time to time they took responsibility for it and expected they same from employees.
Pros
Co worker good food
Cons
long shifts
Wasnt a bad place to work if your into the bar scene
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 7, 2018
I had a very pleasent time working there. The place was in a transition of power though so things changed alot and you didn't know what to expect rule wise and management wise from week to week
Bar Louie was a good place to work however!!!! The management team sucks
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
They need to get better management team in there cause the ones that they have right now don’t understand there job. They let the employees walk all over you and talk to you how ever they want
Hectic environmant full of laughs
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 1, 2018
Honestly great people to work with in kitchen. Supportive always talking. Always hours. Loved that i was allowed to be myself and work through the curve of having my first kitchen job
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
Terrible foh boh communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bar Louie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight