Bar Louie Employee Reviews

I defintitely enjoyed my experience for the most part
Expo/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 14, 2018
Depending on the season, it was slow or really busy, as with most jobs. But I loved my coworkers (on most days) and when its busy it was fun because I enjoy working hard, however it could get a little stressful in the kitchen simply because there are so many different personalities you are dealing with and trying to make happy so that the customer remains happy as well. Managers are great (for the most part) and honestly as long as you are loyal, honest, and a hard worker it turns into a big family that would have your back if you need them to.
Not Bad
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 13, 2018
I loved working at Bar Louie at one point but left when it started to feel stagnant, and business and employees started falling off. The tips started to dry up and management got sloppy. I left to find a better opportunity.
Pros
Good Staff & Money
Cons
A truley great company with huge growth potential
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2018
This is a great adult concept. They care about their people and make sure they are well trained. They only open units in A locations and provide team members with all the need to succeed
Very positive environment with great customer service
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2018
Bar Louie was a great place to work. The food was great and it had a variety of things to choose from. My problem was that I rarely eat what they had there ha. But yeah I love the food the the atmosphere is very positive. They make you feel good.
Pros
The food
Cons
No break
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
Overall I loved working there. My coworkers and I got along and worked together very well. I loved the fact that we all worked as a team and helped each other. The only thing I had a problem with is being sexually harassed and corporate doing nothing about it.
Bar Louie Good Experience
Hostess & Bar Back (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PADecember 2, 2018
Fast paced fun environment.• Greet our guest with a friendly and professional welcome ensuring that our guest receives the full Louie experience.
• Assist the managers with equitable division of tables to ensure a positive guest experience.
• Escort guest to their seats, provide menus and review any specials or promotions.
• Respond to phone calls and guest queries about the restaurant and menu and assist various restaurant staff when necessary.
• Perform bar set up, running side work and closing duties. Clean and maintain entire bar area.
• Maintain supplies, garnish containers, juices, liquor, beer and wine stock
• Anticipates needs of bartenders: refills ice bins and glassware stations, alert to nearly empty liquor bottles, etc.
• Alert to guest needs: pre-bussing bar top, assisting guest when a bartender is not available, refilling non-alcoholic beverages, refreshing cocktail napkins, etc.
• Follows all safety precautions and standards with all equipment, and alerts management regarding safety hazards, sanitation issues and R&M needs.
Pros
Bar and wait staff always willing to teach
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Owner is fantastic, food is fantastic, management sucked
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 1, 2018
The business is overall good, the owner (Todd) is an amazing man! He is very welcoming, treats you like family. He’s great to work with. There were managers that sucked, they favorited some people and let them get out of doing work and put more on you.
Pros
Great Boss, fun people to work with, great customers
Cons
Sucky managers
Great venue, two stories and plenty of games
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 26, 2018
Fast paced, running food up and down stairs with tray service, knowledge of the food and drink menu. Maintain a fun and clean atmosphere. Also opening and closing duties
Friendly work environment
Dishwasher/line cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the time I did. I really liked all of my coworkers because of their friendliness and willing to work together. The management staff was full of great people who knew how to lead.
High-volume restaurant
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 20, 2018
Make sure that my section is clean and ready
Learned how to deal with large amounts of people while keeping tasks organized (i.e. Patriots games and other events at Gilette Stadium)
Hardest part of the job is to stay organized and not let customers see that you are stressed even if you are very busy
I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Hard to budget because you never know how much money you will make
Great Pay, very challenging and fast paced, demanding, late hours
Key Holder, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 12, 2018
Great tips if you are able to work late hours and are there to work. If you're not there to make money not the place for you. Must be able to multitask and communicate effectively. Must posses a strong personality because you will often be in uncomfortable situations.
Fun, fast-paced server environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 12, 2018
Bar Louie is great for servers who are just getting started. They will teach you everything you need to know about proper serving techniques. I enjoyed working there.
Fast paced
WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
I like Bar Louie because it pays well, FOR ME. I also work extremely hard for my tips. The management is rather messy and impersonal. I had to get a doctors note to prove that I was sick or else I would have been punished by not being put on the schedule. This is problematic both because not every sick day calls for a doctors appointment (food poisoning, stomach flu, etc.) and also not everyone can afford to go to the doctor. The hardest part of the job is dealing with mean costumers and also working with people who aren't always friendly and happy to be there. Also you have to claim tips at the end of the night and then they take that amount out of your paycheck. Considering we get $4.50 an hour, I find this to be incredibly unfair.
Pros
cash
Cons
short breaks, on feet all day, disorganized staff.
Lucrative, flexible, and entertaining workplace.
Bartender, Trainer, Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 6, 2018
Income was consistent and sufficient. Workplace was social and fun but management can be inconsistent. Corporate would attempt to be involved and micromanage and then be absent for long periods of time.
Pros
Great regulars, fun atmosphere.
Cons
Unnecessary corporate micromanagement
Over all it was a nice place to work at, needs better management
Server (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INNovember 4, 2018
I liked working at Bar Louie, it was a nice environment and brought it a nice crowd. It was a good social environment. I am not sure at this point if I would recommend working here. I think I would, but I would also give the advice to remember how much you like it and not to let management get to you.
Great place for advancement opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2018
If you are looking to gain managerial experience, Bar Louie is the perfect place to start. They are always willing to develop new talent; prefer to promote from within; and can you leave knowing you've gained many practical skills that are applicable to other fields.
Pros
Willing to develop, great for building experience
Cons
No Work-life balance, often rushed training
fun job
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2018
I love Bar Louie and its management. But with its new menu change business has dropped significantly. transferred here from Illinois hoping it would be busy like I was told.
Not good.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake shore dr.November 2, 2018
Not good at all. The place has roaches crawling around . The managers are downstairs drinking. Its ridiculous. No one deserves to work in a. Environmental ment in such form.
Fun and awesome place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 1, 2018
Bar Louie was a fast paced fun environment to work. The managers wastelands on hardworking individuals that never asked their employees to do anything the wouldn't do their selves.
Fast paced, upscale
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 29, 2018
Manager was far from helpful and lacked any ability to communicate. Coworkers behind bar were upity and two faced. Very clean nice place nonetheless. Not relaxed establishment.
Pros
Training process very detailed
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bar Louie. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight