Bar Louie Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible company hated it
Bartender/Server /Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 17, 2018
Terrible company terrible management. Was thwre2 for 5 years it was unkept. And closed randomly nothing good to say unfortunately i wouldn't have said much more but this is making me write more for whatever reason
Pros
Co workers, easy
Cons
Management, company
No structure
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMay 15, 2018
Hot mess during the Capitals season and slow if no business from the Verizon center. There is no host stand so as a host you are constantly chasing customers around to properly seat them.
Great job for extroverts
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 14, 2018
If you are an extrovert that does not like the monotony of retail, Bar Louie is a fun and fast paced environment to work for. Everyday there is something new and surprising when it comes to customers.
Fun but ours aren't convenient
Currently a host (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 14, 2018
A regular day at Bar Louie is laid back and welcoming. The whole staff is friendly and the atmosphere within the restaurant is nice and family valued. When it gets crazy busy we all know how to take care of things and it runs smoothly.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
They don't host during the day, only at night.
Fast paced environment with collaborative employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 11, 2018
No matter what position an individual was in, everybody helped each other as well as they could. There was communication between the management and employees and it was taken seriously when someone wanted to request or speak to a manager. The hardest part at this place is no different than any other restaurant. There is drama and problems between co-workers, but that is to be expected and understandable in this profession. It was, though, one of the first places I have witnessed that had managers willing to work with and discuss important issues or ideas with employees in a respectable manner.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Inconsistent hours and unpredictable shifts
Bartender/Server
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2018
The pace can vary from very busy to very slow depending on the weather, time of day and day of the week. The management was very helpful when it came to training.
Stressful
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
My guest was the only reason why i stayed so long with this company outside of the loyalty i had for this company. Management showed very poor leadership.
Poor Management with some oppurtunity to make decent money.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 5, 2018
Poor Management, long hours, can make decent money but need to stay really late. Managers do not help out, must problem solve on your own. Environment can be fun but stressful.
ok
Bartender/ Server (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 26, 2018
not bad if you stay to yourself and hustle. overall nlike any job it has its stressful moments bad managers and overall unprofessional at times but its what you make it thers money to be made when its busy
bar louie
Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 16, 2018
working at bar louie provided me with a great amount of serving experience. I loved the staff that I worked with and became good friends with them. :
Workplace Culture
Customer Service Representative & Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2018
Working in the customer service and food industry is not for everyone, however Bar Louie was a place that allowed their staff to feel comfortable with at times challenge their ability to multitask, time management, and increase their customer service ability. It is somewhat of a competitive work environment due to the fact that most of the salary one gets from working in the industry is based on their performance with customers and ability to persuade and push sales. I would not recommend staying in this industry for more than a year or two for the experience.
Pros
Industry discount on food
Cons
5 mins breaks during 6+ hour shifts
Fun group to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2018
Really great group of leaders and an overall fun bunch of folks to work for. The compensation was more that fair and the benefits were were excellent!
Bar Louie
Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2018
It was a nice place to work for the time being. I made $2.79 an hour, credit card tips where added back into your pay. After 40-60+ hour weeks you get a zeroed our check.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Honset Review
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 3, 2018
loved the staff and some of the mangers, but I quit due to the fact that I couldn't call out for a family emergy and it was uncomfortable to work after the incident had occurred.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
No Holidays off
Nice fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2018
8 1/2 years I worked for bar Louie I started off as a dishwasher then promoted to prep cook then promoted to like cook then promoted to assistant kitchen manager and promoted to Kitchen manager I was not only able to learn the kitchen but also able to learn the front of the house as well service management as well as bar management the pay was OK But the further I got into my career I was told that I will be compensated more which never was given to me as promised which in turn forced me to relocate aside from that Bar Louie was a great and good company to work for as I’ve grown with them which was very Saddening to partway with
Pros
Great atmosphere great concept
Cons
Promises that were made but never followed through
Good part-time position
Server (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 29, 2018
The position is a nice part-time gig. The nights can be long due to our late night hours (2am) every night. The environment is fast passed and there is not host so you have to be on top of your game. If you're quick on your feet this place can be rewarding.
Very busy, good money
Cook, Bar Back (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasMarch 26, 2018
I always had something to do, I loved my coworkers, management was fair and fun to work with. I was paid well, and enjoyed my work for the most part.
N/a
LEAD GRILL COOK (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2018
The company as whole does not take care of their employees, the mgmt for each location I worked at was lacking and young. Bar Louie, they hire young people with no experience and let them make a mockery of the restuarants.
productive, fast-paced environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2018
It started off as a Sports bar, one of the best ones in DC when I first started back in 2008. Working there for almost 6 years being the top salesmen on the team, it was overall a learning experiences that I had shared working there. There were too many in and out employees where i couldn't keep up, but came in and did what i had to do on my end to help make my job more efficient.
Pros
discount food
Cons
dealt with too many managers.
Social
Host (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 19, 2018
Great place to have a nice meal during the day because not to many people attend during the day. However that all changes during the nightlife when customer come in and enjoy our specials
Pros
Part time side job
Cons
Pay bi weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bar Louie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight