Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Mgmt isnt very helpful. They dont lead by example. Never any positive reinforcement. t
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
I'd give the wine and food better, mgmt ruins that too. Sorry Denver
You should go support a local place that values staff.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pros
Discount if they let you order
Cons
Poor mgmt
Fun place to work / but it is a lot of work!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Some of the rules that they selectively enforced at times do not help their objective of giving the guest a total great experience. The hours do not equal what you are making in money
Pros
Discounted food, Good money
Cons
Poor Management
It was a good productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Job was nice management was difficult to deal with very rude I would. Recommend working here if management were nicer but overall the area was convenient
Pros
It has consistent business
Cons
Management not nice
overworked
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJune 18, 2018
Long Days, driven my ever changing management goals, relentless paperwork, overmanaged, uncaring, no work life balance. Compensation was fair but the demands did not justify.
Fun and fast-paced environment
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
Fast-paced environment. Constantly shifting personnel. Had me on my toes the entire time. You never know what to expect. Trains you to go with the punches.
fast pace never a dull moment
Busboy & Runner (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 10, 2018
restaurant jobs can be very stressful, where i worked it was a fast pace environment where if you weren't focused on the quality of the food or customer satisfaction we weren't doing our jobs right. there's a lot of quick thinking but the management staff there are great they are a huge help and will do what they can to work with you as long as you put forth the same effort. Barcelona is a place that i will go to and eat and visit my old boss because we had an honest caring employer/employee relationship.
Overworked
Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT and Fairfield, CTMarch 24, 2018
I loved the restaurant and that is why I applied to work here. However, they expect the cooks and chefs to work sometimes from 10am to 12 midnight for one very low salary. They treat the chefs like cooks, and that is because they hire young chefs that lack good leadership skills. The chefs don't lead, they are impressed when the cooks butter them up with compliments and they get away with not doing the work. The management doesn't hire enough people to prep and the chefs end up doing most of the prepping. It's a lack of management skills and the burnout rate is very high. They keep hiring chefs but not workers.
It was a disappointment to work here. The training of chefs is great, but it is a waste of money to the company when they do little to better the work life balance which is why most chefs quit.
Pros
Great name restaurant
Cons
Young chefs that lack good management and leadership skills.
workplace culture is great and its enjoyable
Sever/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 20, 2018
people come to barcelona expecting great service but also a great time and thats what the staff does its a fun place to work and i love interacting with guest
Barcelona
Hostess, Front Server, (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 20, 2018
It was a great place to work if you are fast paced and like to be with different crowds of people and co-workets. Corporate and Management need a lot of help.
Great environment
Full-time Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
Great environment, nice coworkers, reliable hours, inconsistant money, nice management, great food, education in spanish wines, fun workplace culture.
Pros
consistant hours
Cons
inconsistant money
Fun workplace, but had very little job security.
Food & Alcohol Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
The vibe, food, wine and team were all amazing. Unfortunately the management was less to be desired, unexperienced and job growth within this store was scarce.
Pros
Discounted food and wine
Cons
Management lacked experience
Great atmosphere and culture
Front Server (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Barcelona was a great experience. Management, staff, food, and overall culture of the company was top-notch. The restaurant was a staple within our community.
lose team service
Server (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Great place, lots of running. Team service isn't my favorite if it was single service my pockets would be much fatter, Team work is all around, but they don't all work as hard as the next one and splitting tips gets frustrating when you pulled all the weight .
Pros
fun, family
Cons
team service
great place to work
Lunch Chef (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Assisted Executive Chef in all aspects of food preparation and execution. Enjoyed very much working for this company as well as the team players. Something better came along.
Pros
great food
Cons
no benefits
Good Concept, Weird Focus
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 19, 2017
The company as a whole is on the up and up.My typical day began at 10AM where I had received the daily deliveries with the assistance of my prep team. After which time I directly worked on the prep for the day to get the line ready for service.
Pros
Fast paced, culinary challenges
Cons
need to also focus on employee morale
Great Work Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 28, 2017
While working at Barcelona, I bettered my social skills and meet great people. The managers were very helpful with training and making sure you do everything the correct way. The workplace culture was outstanding. It is a restaurant/ bar for younger people, but older folks love to hang out there as well. They always have good music playing and it is a very fun work place. The hardest part was definitely the take out orders, because there were always people there and because their menu is constantly changing, it was difficult to hear or understand what they are ordering. My favorite part was the chill vibe and atmosphere it gave off.
Pros
Discounts at both Barcelona and Bar Taco
Cons
Lots of standing on your feet
Fun Work Place
Server/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
I loved to environment that Barcelona offered not only to guests, but to employees as well. It made me feel part of a family, good company with a good structure behind it.
Pros
Good money
No Summary
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAOctober 21, 2017
I will not go into detail about the Barteca group other to say that it is an amazing group that I wish I could make the life/work balance work better for.
good environment and good coworkers
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAOctober 3, 2017
fast paced job, understanding managment and great money with flexible hours and shifts. great food, they have family meals before the shift to make sure that we are ready to get the job done
Fast paste, good co-workers, ok pay
Dishwasher/Porter (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 29, 2017
GOOD business establishments, work environment is fair, pay rate is decent, weekly hours are ok, management is fair, location is reasonable to commuters
Pros
Free meals on chefs
Cons
Too many bosses