Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews in Stamford, CT

I just loved it!
Front and back server (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 24, 2019
Being in this restaurant gave me the great opportunity to engage and feeling grow whiting in me the a new meaning for the word *family*
great place to work
Lunch Chef (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Assisted Executive Chef in all aspects of food preparation and execution. Enjoyed very much working for this company as well as the team players. Something better came along.
Pros
great food
Cons
no benefits
Exciting and Fast Paced
Front Server (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 1, 2017
I worked at one of the higher volume Barcelona's. When it is busy, you have the opportunity to make great tips! Everyone works as a team, and the customers are usually friendly as well.
The hardest part about working at Barcelona requires you to stay on top of the food and wine menu. When you are hired, you are given a manual and a packet of information explaining all of the core menu dishes, and the wines. You must study each item and be able to answer any questions about an item on the menu (ingredients, preparation, cook time, any background info). You need to know the same about any specials. The menu changes slightly every day with 2-5 new specials.
Pros
Shift meal, food and alcohol discount.
Cons
No breaks when busy, late hours
Very relaxed and fun compared to my past experiences
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 15, 2016
Great learning experience, working literally next to local farmers day to day. Travelled to Spain with other Chefs and managers also a trip by myself to work along side a chef in Rioja overall great.
Productive and Learning Inspired Work Place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 25, 2014
In the time I spent with Barcelona I learned how to be a team player and a leader. I was able to provide continual support to my co-workers and educate my clients. I learned how to work with high volume crowds and manage my way through stressful situations. One of the hardest parts about my job was the long hours with limited breaks, but that was compensated by customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free Educational Classes, Involved Staff, Great Environment
Cons
Short breaks, Long Hours into the early morning