Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews for Chef

good coworkers, bad pay
Brunch Chef (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTAugust 7, 2018
I learned a lot, advanced quite a bit, but was never fairly compensated for my work. typical restaurant hours as to be expected, my coworkers were fantastic and that is a large part of why I stayed so long
Overworked
Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT and Fairfield, CTMarch 24, 2018
I loved the restaurant and that is why I applied to work here. However, they expect the cooks and chefs to work sometimes from 10am to 12 midnight for one very low salary. They treat the chefs like cooks, and that is because they hire young chefs that lack good leadership skills. The chefs don't lead, they are impressed when the cooks butter them up with compliments and they get away with not doing the work. The management doesn't hire enough people to prep and the chefs end up doing most of the prepping. It's a lack of management skills and the burnout rate is very high. They keep hiring chefs but not workers.
It was a disappointment to work here. The training of chefs is great, but it is a waste of money to the company when they do little to better the work life balance which is why most chefs quit.
Pros
Great name restaurant
Cons
Young chefs that lack good management and leadership skills.
great place to work
Lunch Chef (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Assisted Executive Chef in all aspects of food preparation and execution. Enjoyed very much working for this company as well as the team players. Something better came along.
Pros
great food
Cons
no benefits