Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Review

View all Barcelona Wine Bar reviews

Great Work Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 28, 2017
While working at Barcelona, I bettered my social skills and meet great people. The managers were very helpful with training and making sure you do everything the correct way. The workplace culture was outstanding. It is a restaurant/ bar for younger people, but older folks love to hang out there as well. They always have good music playing and it is a very fun work place. The hardest part was definitely the take out orders, because there were always people there and because their menu is constantly changing, it was difficult to hear or understand what they are ordering. My favorite part was the chill vibe and atmosphere it gave off.
Pros
Discounts at both Barcelona and Bar Taco
Cons
Lots of standing on your feet

Other Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews

Barcelona Wine Bar
Server/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAMay 21, 2019
Excellent place to work with a vibrant environment. A typical day at work would be extremely busy, filled with quick-paced tasks that need to be completed in a timely manner.
Great atmosphere
Front Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2019
First I want to say that I was not even remotely familiar with Barcelona prior to getting an interview. i was in need of a job and they were hiring.

The interview went well. I was very clear with what I was seeking and it was made very clear to me that Barcelona fit the bill, to a t. I accepted a serving position and began training.

It took me no time at all to realize that much of what was told me in the interview was not really how things worked, in reality. Things like late nights and club like atmosphere. I am not interested in working in a night club. Not interested in being at work at 4 in the morning. Was told that isn't what they were and that 4 a.m. would never happen. It all happened first week. SO.. ok, that sucks... it's not the perfect fit I thought it would be.

The work itself though, was just standard restaurant work. It was fine. Money, was hit or miss. You gotta get through the testing to be a front server to make any money, there. Cool. Whatever. That is true in many restaurants.

Often turns clubby after I'd say 9 or so. Restaurant stays open til local law says you must make last call. 3 am, at my location. There has to be a server on duty til 3 am. Often just sitting around for hours doing absolutely nothing. No customers. No tips. Just hours of waiting so in an empty dining room. Often getting one drunk table that just wants to chill... Again, cool. Just not for me.

Company offers great education in wines, if you are wanting and willing to learn. Mandatory wine classes and lots of wine talk. It's a wine bar, after all.

more... I can say is know what you are getting in to, in terms of hours and expectations. If you are cool with the things that I have mentioned, Barcelona might be exactly what you are looking for.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barcelona Wine Bar. Our community is ready to answer.