Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Review

View all Barcelona Wine Bar reviews

Long term emoloyee
Trainer/Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2019
Have been with the company since before it became corporate, have seen a slope of downfalls in the culture and employee concern. However restaurant is always busy.

Other Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
Front Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2019
First I want to say that I was not even remotely familiar with Barcelona prior to getting an interview. i was in need of a job and they were hiring.

The interview went well. I was very clear with what I was seeking and it was made very clear to me that Barcelona fit the bill, to a t. I accepted a serving position and began training.

It took me no time at all to realize that much of what was told me in the interview was not really how things worked, in reality. Things like late nights and club like atmosphere. I am not interested in working in a night club. Not interested in being at work at 4 in the morning. Was told that isn't what they were and that 4 a.m. would never happen. It all happened first week. SO.. ok, that sucks... it's not the perfect fit I thought it would be.

The work itself though, was just standard restaurant work. It was fine. Money, was hit or miss. You gotta get through the testing to be a front server to make any money, there. Cool. Whatever. That is true in many restaurants.

Often turns clubby after I'd say 9 or so. Restaurant stays open til local law says you must make last call. 3 am, at my location. There has to be a server on duty til 3 am. Often just sitting around for hours doing absolutely nothing. No customers. No tips. Just hours of waiting so in an empty dining room. Often getting one drunk table that just wants to chill... Again, cool. Just not for me.

Company offers great education in wines, if you are wanting and willing to learn. Mandatory wine classes and lots of wine talk. It's a wine bar, after all.

more... I can say is know what you are getting in to, in terms of hours and expectations. If you are cool with the things that I have mentioned, Barcelona might be exactly what you are looking for.  less
I just loved it!
Front and back server (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 24, 2019
Being in this restaurant gave me the great opportunity to engage and feeling grow whiting in me the a new meaning for the word *family*

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barcelona Wine Bar. Our community is ready to answer.