Barcelona Wine Bar Employee Reviews

Demanding job but gained a lot of industry knowledge
Head Trainer, Captain, Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
At Barcelona Wine Bar we all work as a team. It was the first restaurant where I have worked that uses a "front/back" serving system. At times I saw the value in it and understood why it is used and then other times I found it a bit useless and felt the restaurant was overstaffed. This is a very busy restaurant so the hours were very long as they do not close until very late in the evening. Some days stamina at 1 a.m. was hard to maintain. I did learn a lot about food and wine and hospitality. I do believe Barcelona has one of the best serving staffs in all of Atlanta. The management expects a lot out off its employees. Everything from uniform, obeying steps of service and keeping the restaurant clean and welcoming is required to be on point. I wanted to move up with this company but since I have worked here the management has not been consistent. Constantly changing GMs, and AGMs coming and going doesn't provide the structure that a serving staff needs. We see this as an unstable future for ourselves and therefore some people who were well pass the serving stage had to move on from the company to better opportunities. This is a wonderful company with a great motto but the work/life balance isn't even enough for people with families or those who want them.
My 1st Fine dine restaurants Job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Buss tables, learning from my mistakes to come up inside of the business. Became a Host & continued to give great customer service .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fired for all the wrong reasons
Provides managers an "Ivy League" type of managing experience.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 21, 2014
Very trendy restaurant group. Solid business model, aggressive growth. Teaches managers to always expect more, produce more.
Always busy, seldom a moment to catch one's breath.
Guests always enjoy the fun atmosphere, as well as the great menu offerings.
Pros
Work with great people, able to hone managing skills and strategies
Cons
Long work days
Productive and Learning Inspired Work Place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 25, 2014
In the time I spent with Barcelona I learned how to be a team player and a leader. I was able to provide continual support to my co-workers and educate my clients. I learned how to work with high volume crowds and manage my way through stressful situations. One of the hardest parts about my job was the long hours with limited breaks, but that was compensated by customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free Educational Classes, Involved Staff, Great Environment
Cons
Short breaks, Long Hours into the early morning
I loved working here I just needed a change.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2012
Working here for 3 years allowed me to build a lot of personal and professional relationship that i still maintain today, im just looking to change my location and start in a new fresh place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barcelona Wine Bar. Our community is ready to answer.