Barclaycard
62Average

Barclaycard Employee Reviews in Hamilton, OH

Hamilton, OH20 reviews
Great company to work for at first, however as time has gone on, lack of hiring and replacing employees who left has not happened. Managerment doesnt seem to care.
If want something long term don’t go. This job fired so many people because of lack of communication an bad management. I hear they are going to be closing this location soon
Barclays started out as one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for, and then after a few years they spiraled downward. DO NOT WORK HERE. I cannot stress this enough. Management SUCKS. No one cares about you AT ALL. Your life does not matter to them. They are NOT a growing company. They lie. They treat you like another number and move on.
When I first started we had great leadership and very diverse group of colleagues. It was a fast paced and a fun environment to work in. Once senior leadership changed, great leaders resigned and the cultural has completely changed. We are currently in a hiring freeze and no plans have been shared in regards to the future of our site.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and colleagues are like family
Cons
No work life balance and growth opportunity
Poor management. Company made several promises but failed to deliver. My job has been transferred to another country. Barclays came to Hamilton Ohio promising many opportunities. Many people up rooted from their homes to transfer to Hamilton, only to get fired or laid off. Barclays cares nothing nothing about these people.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place to work, ability to advance if liked enough, management needs work on competency within their field. Good vacation benefits and working from home was awesome. Needs work on having updated policies to ensure best working practices across business functions.
Very busy call center.
High productivity standards with little time to think or work out issues for customers.

Most workers are helpful. Company tries to relieve stress and reward by providing pizza, cookies, snacks periodically

Encourages employees to volunteer and allows a couple of hours paid per month to volunteer, accepting of diversity.

Good benefits for area and good 401K plan.

Not a bad place to work, If worker can deal with stressful repetitive job without complaint.
The comany is falling apart. Managers and agents being let go left and right. The company has up and changed the hours from 8am to midnight to 8am to 8pm and agents are now obligated to chamge their schedules just to keep their jobs.

Currently there is no availability for advancement and everyone is concerned for their jobs at this point
Pros
Incentives, atmosphere, stewardship and co-workers
Cons
Losing jobs, no advancement
Very helpful management they are also good with making you feel important and appreciated. They take time out of each week to sit down with you listen to your calls and improve your technique on collecting and even talk offs.
Typical call center, stressful, metrics to be met constantly.

Process changes frequent.

Upper management hands out lots of pizza and party favors.

Many good people working there as workers and 1st line managers.

Lots of turnover in upper and middle management.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Stress, inconsistency in pay rate between workers with same experience and training in same position
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barclaycard?
Assisting card members with their MasterCard and Visa transactions.Inbound Customer Service, Collections, Disputes and Fraud Investigations. Great co-workers who stand by your side no matter what.
I loved this company and if they would have had an office in the city I decided to relocated to I would still be working for the company. I loved my Coworker the location was the only downfall
Barclays once was a place where you would love to come to work. The environment and culture is like any other job i ever worked but now things are dif.
Pros
The Culture, The People
Cons
Work life balance, Advancement
Good pay but the probation period is very strict.
I've been given a final warning for missing one and a half days in the first 90 days.

We're forced into mandatory overtime 8 hours a week for 4 weeks starting soon. They train you for 3 weeks in a classroom throw you onto the floor for integration and then cut you loose. I have never felt so isolated and alone in a working environment. I'm not confident in what I'm doing and when I've asked for help it fell to deaf ears. I have anxiety problems and I don't think that I'm going to last here much longer and an environment where you get pointed every time you turn around
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Very micro managed, mandatory overtime, poor work-life balance
This location consistently attempts to make you better in your role than the day before. If you are looking for a career with opportunity for advancement then this location is absolutely for you. They have bonus opportunities every 3 months. Schedules ranging from 8 am to 11:59 pm. The company is largely involved in the community and even allows you 2 hours of work time (paid) to volunteer. This company is without a doubt one of the best locations I have worked for.
Pros
Incentives provided in different ways monthly
Cons
11 points and you are terminated, even with sick time.
This company is a farce. They brought a group of us in promising various amounts of pay, benefits, etc. Then proceeded to not pay or provide benefits as promised. Promotion is not based on merit, but favoritism. A typical day consisted of dealing with a poorly functional system, incompetent management, and hours that were exhausting. They claim to offer bonuses but will actively work to disqualify you from earning them, even going so far as to make up reasons that are not on any written policy in the employment handbook. This type of dishonest behavior extends to other policies as well.
Pros
Pleasant colleagues, cafe, good location
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, policies, Hr
This was the worst place I have ever worked. They threatened my job for working too well. The management is awful and play favorites. They will threaten your job at any chance they get. The medical benefits are the only good thing about the jon
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Everything else
No structure or transparency through management. The company is growing so fast that current jobs and duties aren't being carried out effectively. Lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Incentive bonus
Cons
The company shows compassion for the workers. And pays extremely well. It's a new area so it's still building rapors. I actual love this company just in need of an additional job.
Pros
Great work place, great pay and benefits
Cons
It's great I can not think of any cons. Looking for a secobd job.
It is a call center, very busy, so you are expected to reach goals they have set for hold times, after call work and transfers, adherence to time schedules set for you. Half hour lunches . The people who work there are all very nice and helpful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclaycard. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight