Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 854 reviews matching the search See all 4,028 reviews
Very Poor Work Life Balance
Operations Team Lead, Assistant Vice-President (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 19, 2018
Compared to other banks, Barclays has very poor work life balance. A typical day has more than 5 meetings a day and very little time left to complete job tasks. Poor communication. Upper management Senior VP and above have poor attitudes in the credit card division.
Great staff and great opportunities
Vulnerable Customer Support Team Member (Former Employee) –  manyJuly 17, 2018
Loved working here. Many internal jobs to apply for, if you did want to move to a different area and advance your knowledge within banking. Management will always support you.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long hours if needed, depending on your position
Good
AVP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Found the company good , with excellent 401K match and benefits . Work culture depends on the group and director,. Overall good work life balance. I would recommend
Fun, meals every shift, love my co-workers, supervisors make the day more fun
Counter Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2018
It is a great faced-paced job. It can be very stressful at times, but for the most part it is fun, the guest are very funny, some can be difficult. I get along with my co-workers and Management. management for the most part work hard to make your day go smooth. The work place culture is excellent because after all it is an entertainment arena. The most enjoyable part of the job have to be the guest. I get to meet people from all over the world, who have came to NY for the first time!!
Pros
Free lunch everyday, good location, the events, definately the guest
Cons
not enough events in the summer
Stepping stone
Post Event Cleaning Staff (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2018
there is no typical day at the barclay center i always experience something different each day i go to work
i learned about team work working at the barclay center
management is helpfull
workplace culture is competitive
hardest part of the job is time away from family
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and getting to know them
Pros
the pay
Cons
short breaks
4 years so far in Henderson, NV
Disputes Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 8, 2018
Overall my experience at Barclays has been great. I have now been in DBP for a year after completing 3 years in Care. The benefits are amazing and the paid time off along with vacation. They match up to 6% of 401k and you're invested after 4 years. Management could use some training but I do love my job.
Pros
Time off, benefits, discounts, 4 tens schedule, paid community service
Cons
Uneducated Managers
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
This is a great company with great people. Benefits are excellent and work life balance isn't bad. I would highly recommend Barclays for great career advancement.
Great company benefits
Customer Care Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 5, 2018
Barclays has great company benefits, and they pay well for the job. However, at this time they do not offer any extras like childcare or gym subscriptions.
Competitive work atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  LiraJuly 3, 2018
Competive work aspects with good community investment policies of promoting financial literacy,environmental conservation and apprenticeship.

The health compensation and salary payments very good.
Barclay's offers great trainings on various arears of customer service, money laundering, marketing,credit and hands on training interns of operations. It from these trainings that I attained massive knowledge and experience of management and marketing.
Cons
Good healthcare system
Director, Compliance Change (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Excellent team environment. Good like work balance. Good career advancement. Could use better managerial guidance. Good career development in a diverse culture.
Love working here
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 25, 2018
GREAT PLACE TO WORK! We are provided with so many things such as gifts, remote access, work events/parties, buying vacation time, 16 hours of personal time and more.
way too much politics and favoritism.
Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
favoritism and politics guide the way. If you know how to play the game and you are liked by your direct manager, there is a chance to succeed. A huge disconnect between corporate management and local managers. The firm is going in one direction and the rest of the manager do as they please.
Pros
Corporate has good ideas
Cons
Huge disconnect with local offices
Bank
File Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 19, 2018
This Company shut down so I'm not sure why I have to rate them but if I could go back, I would. It was a good job that challenged me and I like a challenge. It makes me feel as if I accomplished something.
Very strict work place with no room for growth
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 18, 2018
My experience that it was so strict, but rules were never followed. Overall leaning about different ways people save money has helped me tremendously. Being able to find who I am in my character to make me glow as an employee.
Pros
Cafe on site, over time always available
Cons
Can't be late, Never any parking, Mandatory Over time.
it was a job
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2018
Very laid back environment. Great benefits the best out there. Unfortunately management lacks the skills to manage people effectively. The benefits are great though so if you need great benefits and can deal with the management you will be ok
Pros
Really good benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Great Opportunity
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
Good work/life balance. People are friendly and willing to help you succeed. Great opportunity to learn from management. Sometimes theres a lack of communication between analysts and directors on the team.
Good place to work for a big bank
Client OnBoarding Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Barclays is fine for a big bank. The issues I had with it certainly aren't exclusive to Barclays, it's overall complacency from the banking industry in general. New upstart funds and AI driven managers will certainly and are certainly changing the industry. If it moves in the direction of Silicon Valley and not just HFT quants trying to steal fractions of a point than it will be a positive to the business and therefore to the customers it serves.
Going through transformation
Vice President - Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Barclays was a great place to work. Had the opportunity to learn quite a few thing s and grow. work life balance was not good. Company culture was okay.
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Culture & Governance
ok
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
worked at Barclays full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible with work-life balance
Lots of smart people
Great benefits
Great location
Nice building

Cons

Because it's a bank there will be plenty of regulatory limitations to your work
Getting promoted is a bureaucratic process. If your boss and director do not push for you, you may not get promoted for a very long time
Certain departments have better culture than others. You'll need to reach out to individuals in those teams to figure out if it suits you

Advice to Management

Do a better job at promoting the right people who actually have been loyal to the company
It was a great stepping stone.
Human Resources Administrative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2018
I liked working at Barclays. I left because I needed more growth. Everyone was sweet and helpful when I first started working there which was super awesome. My team at Barclays were very efficient team players, I kind of miss them and our connection.
Pros
My team
Cons
Not enough work on the off season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight