Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

United States1,392 reviews

Found 1,392 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,278 reviews
banklehmaninvestmentbankingbalancefirmculturecolleague

Not a bad place to build up experience

I worked as a part time trade floor tech and it was a great experience with some minor caveats that really depended on what teams you were working with.

Excellent Opportunity

Great company to work for! Excellent pay, excellent environment! Management is awesome and so are the trainers! everyone is there to lend helping hand

Barclays insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

What is the best part of working at the company?It's not what i thought it was. They took 8 months to come up with an incentive program and its quarterly now the metrics are kinda insane also. Alot of micro managingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Micro managing and silly processes not to mention the software freezes every 5 minutes and seems like they don't want to solve the problem. The system will freeze while you are on the phone with a customer and lots of times your internet thru the remote session goes out makes it hard to do your jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Deceptive. They will tell you one thing and do another and they are not for the employee. My manager changed positions in the first 3 months i was thereWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Glitches, glitches, and more glitches

Good company culture. Salary is market standard. Get appreciation on ur work. Hybrid work so you can work few days from home. Need improvement in digital transformation.

Awesome workplace!!

Barclays have integrity and respect for their employees. The benefits and bonuses was everything. Best company I ever worked for. The only reason I left was because I had family issues to handle. But I was told whenever I wanted to come back I could. And I’m in the process!

Pros

Everything!

Cons

The onboarding took over 2 months. It’s very slow to get hired.

Okay place to work

Everybody globbed into a big building without much high level interaction. We know what to do and get our jobs done. Lacks diversity in IT, but the salary is okay.

Pros

work from home most of the week

Cons

can't work remotely

Fun place to work with colleagues but they will bleed you dry

Branch based staff are the most undervalued colleagues, supporting 5+ departments with the most risk and are completely underpaid.Management keep adding workloads and say we are detrimenting the customer but they are dentrimenting our mental health. Constantly changing work priorities to whatever supports them

Pros

Overtime avaliability

Cons

Workload

Good compensation, good culture, rather slow

Can be quite slow moving, but there are people who really genuinely care for your interests and needs. Internship program can be better managed. Overall moderate experience.

Productive and a fun place to work

Barclays is overall a good place to work. There are lots of resources to help you build your career. Lots of cross-functional knowledge-sharing sessions are organized that help new and existing employees understand the entire business as a whole

Decent job

Long and arduous onboarding process but love the team I’m on and am looking forward to building a solid career here. The position is hybrid but the office environment is great. The daily work is not too bad and I’m learning more and more everyday.

Sr Management a Mess

Senior Mgmt. likes to puff out their chest and it impedes employee growth and company growth. Employees not open to change with a 'know it all' mentality

Lot of opporunity to promote fast. Very customer service driven

Take calls all dayhow to review and finance banking accounts/credit cardsYou can pick your schedule from the list they provide.There is a 7 week training period , 5 weeks learning about the job, 2 weeks of roleplaying and practicing the role.Pay range starts from 42000 up to 46000.

Good experience

Barclays is a good place to work .You get a lot experience and good team work.Also Barclays provide you with a good training and give you opportunities to promote.

Pros

travel allowance

Cons

AXA healthcare

Average place to work

Friendly working environment, reasonable pay. Manager is very pushing, and has very high expectations for every assignment. Sometime, you have to work overtime.

Good place

Nice place. Good training really good benefits. The only hard part was working from home during training. It would have been easier to learn on site.

Amazing place to work if you’re looking for opportunities for growth

Amazing place to work if you’re looking for opportunities for growth. Benefits Are great and the work environment is friendly and you’re always able to get help if needed. Training could have been better but it was not due to the company it was due to the systems and working from home hybrid.

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Productive and enjoyable

Productive and conduesive environment . There were lots of banking training which equipped me to standardise my relationship with customers and and how to organise team members to meet our end of month target and how to be outspoken.

Pros

Lunch allowance

Cons

Health care and bounces

Great

Very welcoming and helpful with guest making sure they enjoy their stay. Can teach you a lot of things and persevere to make you a better person in the work force

Used to be a great organisation to work for, but no longer.

When I started back in 1989 it was very much a family oriented business. Lots of after work activities such as football, stool-ball, quiz nights and general get together. Over time though these faded away and now the modern Barclays is all about sales with little attention paid to the clients experience, such a shame.

Pros

Good progression as long as you get out of the retail side of things, otherwise you’ll just be treated poorly.

Cons

Very little work life balance, and no staff care such as spotting when members of the team are starting to show signs of stress.

Productive and good place to work, fully from home, what was important for me.

My typical day at work was from 9 till 17 but very often I work to finish case, full customer service, gain positive result of my work satisfying all parts of cooperation: customer, employer and me. Very important was for me to learn new skills, materials, operations, technics and types of customer service. I like to be professional so to know is for me very important. I was aware that I can always ask questions, call for help if I need it and expect respect for my time, feeling and confidence.

Pros

Fruits at work place

Cons

Short breaks and time pressure by Telephony

Ok place

Average job nothing more to say. Didn’t not feel a team spirit and they weren’t ready for a change. Mid level management needed to be more involved and willing to accept change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Barclays with

• Barclays
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?