Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 843 reviews matching the search See all 3,978 reviews
Fun place to work
Usher/Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2018
Fun and friendly environment. A typical day consist of taking tickets or showing guests where to sit. Once the game/show starts the shift is just crowd control and answering guests questions. The best part is witnessing a great concert or game winning shot.
Pros
Seeing live entertainment
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, not enough hours
It was a good working experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ChipataApril 28, 2018
Mainly attending to Customers
Supervision of Front-line Staff
Review of Customers Complaints and suggestion
Staff meetings
Training new staff in Custome service practices
Pros
Good training opportunities
Cons
No time for personal life
Go Barclays!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 26, 2018
Love my job, best job that I’ve had so far benefits are great pay is great, love the people that I work with and you are in charge of your success. Go Barclays!
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Can get stressful
Competitive work place offering career advancement
VP Global Financial Control (Former Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesApril 25, 2018
BARCLAYS was an amazing experience offering both personal and professional growth. A competitive fast paced environment offering daily challenges bringing out the best in each employee.
don't work here
credit specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 24, 2018
I dont want to write a review on this company however they will disregard thier own rules when it is bennificial to them and punish everyone for following the rules.
Good opportunities for juniors
Convertible Bond Trader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Forced to move up the curve quickly- only hire you if there is a real need for you. Leads to quick advancement, but tough for managers to focus on you as they are incredibly busy themselves.
Loved the job and people - too bad we didn't get funded
Business Analyst/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 22, 2018
Loved this place, the culture, and the people. Only reason I left was due to the lack of funding from the UK and the eventual shutdown of the entire office. Saw the ship sinking and left but was reluctant as I loved the job and the people.
Pros
Cons
No funding - office shutdown
Contractor has no rights
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 20, 2018
I was a contractor for Contemporary Staffing Solutions. My contract was dropped without any for warning or reason given. I found out from my rep at CSS via email and a phone call two days prior to my new week starting. CSS had no negative reports concerning my performance. They had no idea , and could not provide me with any reason for my release. I too, was unaware of any negative reports. I had no meetings or mails with my immediate supervisor concerning my performance while I was there.
My employment was just terminated, with no forwarnIng.
THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT AN EMPLOYEE, CONTRACTOR OR NOT!
Pros
Good pay, Good co-workers
Cons
No reliability if you are contracted.
just okay all around
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Very average on all accounts. Poor management, not very many opportunities for growth, but good benefits and pay. Relocating a lot of their teams to other cities. Wouldn't take another job there.
It was ok... Until you get sick
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 16, 2018
Worked there. Got the flu and provided doctors notes and medical documents as required. Got fired.
Very strict attendance policy from day one of training and during working schedule; that is the cause of their high turnover rates.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Attendance policy, work hours

Want to know more about Barclays?

Ask a question
Productive group but no room for career advancement
AVP, Event & Roadshow Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Extremely long hours; expected to be on call at all hours. Management not consistent in how employees are treated.
Salary not in line with hours that are needed to do the job properly; increases do not even cover the cost of living expenses.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management & lack of career advancement
Productive and Fun
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Good environment with lot of growth opportunities. Very flexible working and nice global culture to work. Good balance of location strategy with offshore/onshore model.
Cons
Too much control in London
Workplace culture
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2018
When I started, it felt like a start-up with very intelligent, innovative colleagues. Culture has changed as we globalize with the parent organization. Many of the really talented people have left for better opportunities.
Pros
Work from home, location, citizenship, diversity and inclusion program
Cons
Lack of Advancement, Need more investment in Technology, Better Management Development
A Bank going through chnage perpetually
Global Procurement - Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
The bank changes management and lays off employees more often than on the street. The salaries are competitive but the management style is old school.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
poor management, favoritism at is finest, work overload, treated their employees unfair, very strict for entry level or non barclays employees, great location.
A company where people must confirm to culture
Program Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
Barcap is a hybrid British American culture. In their culture, it seemed more important to allow time and money to be wasted by complying with the casual culture than to actually produce. Subsequent management committed to resolving this issue.
Decent Bank to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Some of the red tape can get frustrating and processes can be tedious, but overall not a bad place to work. was lucky to work on a good team with good supervisor/manager, not everyone was so lucky.
Pros
solid company
Cons
low comp
Production, fun and truly a learning experience
Typist / Cable Operator / Cashier / Teller (Former Employee) –  Tortola, British Virgin IslandsApril 2, 2018
I learned and experienced a lot working in the banking arena - something I would never trade. It is a job that I would be willing to do all over again, aside from what I am most passionate about.
Pros
Easy-going environment and yearly bonuses.
it is a typical finance firm
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
It is a typical finance firm, with a high work load and sometimes a bonus based on your performance. It is a competitive environment and you'd better try to be smarter.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2018
Nice place to work. If I could I would still work there, but decided to move back to Florida which is home.There is really nothing much else to say about the company. The people were pretty nice and the customers also.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss