Barco

Barco Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews

companybenefitpeopleemployeepaymanagementgoodtime

Good, steady place to work

Decent pay and many different rolls can be filled in one job. Great co-workers. Very generous PTO, especially after 5 and 10 year mark. Opportunities for some travel.

Pros

Great PTO, pay is decent also

Cons

Health insurance somewhat expensive, but not to bad

You will never be appreciated

Management never listens your schedule keeps changing,There's no time for having a personal life. Extremely hard working conditions. You might not get breaks on somedays

Barco insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Glass ceiling for some races.

The environment truly exhibited glass ceilings for some races there. If you never show or express a willingness to be promoted then life is okay working there.

Management shifts focus often with little follow through

First the positive: Pays extremely well for the difficulty of the role.Now the negative: Information does not flow freely in iths organization. There is a small group within the Healthcare/ Diagnostic management team that is an old boys club. If you are not part of this group, promotions as well as information does not flow freely. I (as well as my peers) had been lied to numerous times regarding expansions, soon to be open positions, and sales targets. Also, this company can't decide if its a tech company or a health care company- they claim one or the other depending if it benefits them or not. This is extemely evident when it comes to their benefits. They claim they are a tech company when it comes to their healthcare benefits and state they are on par with other tech companies offerings. It was the worst healthcare benefits I have ever had in my healthcare career.Bottom line: If you want to make great money and just do your job everyday with little to no help and you can mentally handle ever-changing goals, then this is place for you. If you can't handle incompetency. weak management and terrible health benefits then pass this company by,

Pros

Excellent Pay

Cons

Management, Benefits

Great office and leader!

The Americas leader is very strong and the work environment is great. Compensation is fair and there are a variety of benefits to choose from which is nice.

Coworkers are nice

This is an entertainment company. The office itself was set up for a nice culture for its employees. The company did some engaging activities which made the environment fun.

Professional working environment

Teamwork - Topnotch video monitor products - well communicating company- Benefits are good - Business are growing globally - This is a good company to work !

Barco is a decent place to work

Barco is a decent place to work. Most of the employees have amazing attitudes and are pleasant to work with. There is room to grow and learn however compensation could be better.

Belgian Company

Belgian company with a Belgian culture, meaning that European culture is very different from American companies' culture and also very different from South-American companies' culture. One of the biggest Belgian companies.

Alright company

Loads of change over the last year with leadership and also org structure. Inconsistent communication depending on the group you are in. Nice work environment and building. Flexibility on start time which is helpful with traffic.

Productive and fun place

Cubes and some private offices. Large lab environment. Free coffee and water but no food. Plenty of parking. Flex work times but no remote VPN capability

Good company, Good people.

While I was at Barco for a short while I have to save the thing I will remember the most is how generous and helpful people are. The company is solid as well as their solutions. HQ is based in Belgium so it collaboration can be difficult.

Pros

Good people. Solid company.

Cons

Healthcare is Cigna and is expensive, sometimes we felt like we were being monitored, lots of micro management from the executive level.

Exciting Technology Company

Barco is a considered a premium solution provider within their markets. The company is based in Belgium with a strong culture of product solution innovation. It is a very diverse company with great people and a strong desire to exceed customer expectations.

Pros

Market view of the company

Cons

Strong corporate influence

Good benefits, but BAD raises, no chance of career growth!

This is a Belgium based company, with locations spread out all over the world. I have had no issues with local management, but communications between Belgium HQ and US is ineffective and there's an underlying aura of classism between white collar and blue collar at times. Wasting lots of money on frivolous projects, yet cutting budgets for the lower level workers. Reviews and raises happen yearly which is nice, but raises are 3% or less with no room for career growth as far as I've seen. They offer health insurance, but every year the amount employees have to pay out of check increases because of budget. It's not the worst company to work for, but there's a lot of room for improvement and I'd advise applicants to seek employment elsewhere.

Pros

401k, medical, dental, Hsa/fsa

Cons

bad raises, company politics, no career growth

Productive and fun people to work with

I actually love Barco, but they've been shutting down California sites and relocating it to merge with corporate in Atlanta. The people who worked there makes you feel comfortable at work. The management was about normal and a few managers were pretty cool. The workplace culture was amazing. They would have employee appreciation every year during the last quarter. There was nothing hard about the job since I catch on quick. The most enjoyable part of the job was just doing the work and knocking things out and having your boss notice your hard work.

Pros

Free lunches, company activities

Cons

Multiple sites were getting shutdown, relocate to a new state to keep your job

Ok place to work, nice people, complex processes, unaligned management

A typical day was productive with a variety of tasks and responsibilities. I learned a lot about negotiating, vendor and partner relationships, how to navigate the complex processes. Leadership would change strategic direction every 12-18 months. The company excelled at making simple processes complex. And then they'd add more complexity. The hardest part of the job was getting Training a seat at the Product Development table in the early stages. Normal operating mode was that training was an afterthought requiring a lot of scrambling for resources and available training at the time of product launch. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was provided with autonomy and not micro-managed.

Pros

Flexible working hours - no one breathing down your neck

Cons

Complexity of processes, management unaccountable for actions

Fun workplace and the people are great

I loved working for the company. Good pay and PTO was pretty good. The management was very cool and i never had in issues. The growth was not all that great.

Productive workplace

Never a dull moment... everyone is always willing to step up and help when needed. Additional focus from management on functionality is always a plus...

Very good products with fine leadership

While helping them implement / roll-out SAP to the Americas, it was great to see their products working in the office and in the field. Still wish I had their Click-Share with me everywhere I go.

Unnecessary Budget Restrictions Frustrating, Lack of Opportunity

Like other reviewers, I find the command and control tactics from Belgium challenging to navigate. My position requires ocassional necessary travel, but because we were slightly below our targets for the year they cut all travel, meaning I can't effectively get my job done. Yet Belgium is telling me to do this and that, but not providing funding to do it, so it's a no win situation. The complexity of even getting a small invoice paid boggles my mind. There is little to no support staff, so highly compensated professionals end up spending a good bit of time performing administrative tasks. My title does not reflect what I actually do, and though I asked for a review of that and felt I could support the case for a change, I was told no. Recently I've seen people with many years experience be let go and that makes me nervous. I also do not believe there is opportunity for advancement, though I haven't been there that long so we'll see. There is an inordinate worshipping of all sales jobs, with disregard for the support functions needed leading up to and following the sale. Technology is often rushed to market too quickly so that there are issues in the field leading to bad publicity, or no inventory so we can't ship for months and customers become frustrated.

Pros

Autonomy, good managers, schedule flexibility

Cons

Little advancement from within, top heavy on mgt, no support staff

Empresa con alto sentido de inovación

El ambiente laboral era muy abierto, cordial y colaborativo, la cultura internacional y multicultural. Actividades muy dinámicas y en constante cambio. La dirección regional algo complicada pero retadora.

Pros

bonos anuales

Cons

poco crecimiento local

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits