Barcodes, Inc. Employee Reviews

Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2019
I worked in the Accounting/Finance department. Barcodes has a great, down to earth culture. Awesome Beer Fridays and free lunches/breakfasts. Really relaxed work hard/play hard workplace. The accounting department was small so there's really no room for advancement. Salary is adequate and met my needs but I'm still in school and not paying back student loans yet. Overall a great place to work and gain experience.
Great working environment
Technical Sales and Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2019
Assist with inquiries regarding bar codes and scanners
Answered about 40 outbound calls
Work with Vendors to process RMA's
Generate quotes for customer's inquiry
Are you okay with product training on a weekly basis?
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay is not comparable to other companies
Mixed Bag of Nuts
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2019
Lots of turnover Management, as well as sales. They are a cookie cutter company that pushes products in lieu of solutions. Low salary compared to industry standards. Managers have zero idea of the what Account Managers actually do. Lots of favoritism for what is called " Key Account" Managers. Nice facility though. Good option to get your foot in the door to learn sales.
Pros
Company sponsored events, Beautiful Office setting, Beer Fridays
Cons
Quite a few to list
Just another sales job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning skills that can be applied to any other sales job. Beyond that, there is no re-inventing the wheel. Make as many calls as you can to make as many sales as you can.
Pros
free coffee, happy hour
Cons
low pay, pressure to sell while in training
Not much to say.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Cool place. Lots of parties to attend. Free vendor meals and very face paced. Cool people, but lacks leadership in positions of authority for people of color.
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
Low pay
Fun Environment, Not Enough Pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
This is a great place to work but there is no room for growth and the pay is barely enough to raise a family off of unless you are in an executive position.
Good people, constant learning, more peer support than in many sales organizations.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Positive culture, managers take time to coach and are willing to roll up their sleeves to help team. More peer support than in many sales organizations. Constant learning and interaction with OEMs.
Pros
Hands on management.
Cons
Systems need improvement.
high paced environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
work with existing and new clients providing products and services. Addressing customer needs, issues, challenges, and finding solutions.
Barcodes, Inc.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Barcodes, Inc. is a fine company to work for. Good perks like lunches during training and easy to work with people in middle management. Needs to work on communication.
Productive and fun workplace with game room and ping pong room.
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2016
The office environment was friendly and productive. Everyone worked well with each other and had good times together. I feel the best atmosphere/culture for an office environment is where you mix business and pleasure. BarcodesInc had the right idea of having celebrations and happy hours for its employees to feel more connected to their co-workers, in turn lead to less work stress and great support within the company.
Do not leave a current job for this hole
IT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2016
Take a look around at Glassdoor or other job boards to help make your decision, but generally I'd recommend against it.

Very immature working environment. Small IT team, constantly behind on too aggressive timelines. Co-worker culture is poor.
A fine place to learn sales skills, but not the best environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
In short, I worked alongside good people and did learn a fair amount in regards to account management, ultimately the environment and company culture were very average.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Co-workers
Cons
Lack of management
Barcodes
Lead Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2015
Good people, hard working and talented. I should know because I hired most of them. If you want to learn more and Barcodes and my background please contact me directly.
Needs better management and more organization.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2015
It seems like a lot of people don't know what's going on, and they pretend to. They definitely need better management who can communicate with their team and other managers to ensure everyone is on the same page. Very unorganized as well.
Pros
Benefits, office treats.
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized, non-communication.
Fun work environment and good place to grow your career
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Have enjoyed my four years at this company.

Do not have to bring work home with you.

Learned so much about the AIDC industry

Great office enviroment
Pros
Free lunches on Tuesdays, Beer Fridays
Cons
Management Skills
productive and fun workplace.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2014
A lot of positives with this company. Niche market,very talented employees. going through growing pains of the small privately owned company to a large mufti hundred million dollar one. disconnects with upper management. If you are willing to work you can make a ton of money.
Pros
beer fridays, lunches. training, people
Cons
pay for what you do is not even close to what it should be.
Great place to work, with a lot of opportunity
HR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
This is a great place to work what offers people opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. There is a close knit culture that promotes success.
Pros
Free lunches, social events, a lot of opportunity
Cons
high expectations for people
Fun coworkers but very little leadership from the top
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
The best part of the job was the group I worked with. I was inbound, outbound is different, but both were subject to constant changing of leaders and directions, neither really getting anything done. Could be less worried about the bottom line and more worried about keeping quality employees that really add to the team overall. Payouts were low for the work required, but overall as a sales job it was what you'd expect. Low commission ceiling not due to company but the leads and the products being sold.
Pros
Coworkers, culture, young environment
Cons
Too many people trying to solve everything at once, no direction
Great place to work, with an expiration date
Customer Specialist / Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2013
Typical day at Barcodes consisted of answering the phone in regards to Customer order status, solving issues , processing returns. I was the person handling all of the responsible aligned with processing returns, although I also provided support with CS issues throughout the day as well. My Job mainly entailed approving new returns and helping sales reps through the submitting process, along with getting exceptions approved for products either outside the return policy or were returned in condition not acceptable for return. I also provided support in taking 'manager' calls within the realm of returns issues and help provide solutions for upset customers

I grew so much at this company. I started off in the shipping department, so i was fully versed in the necessary software (UPS WorldShip) and was trained in shipping and receiving orders. At the same time i was in Customer service, so i was also answering phone calls and solving issues. I had to work with distributors, manufacturers, and every internal department to solve problems. My ending position at the company was essentially the head off the returns department.

Management was good at listening to what we needed, but slow to act on anything. Customer Service was at the very bottom of the priority list so it was very hard to get anything done to fix the problems we were having. From nailing down the return policy to making changes to the internal systems, there was all talk.

UNLESS YOU ARE IN SALES, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR CAREER ADVANCEMENT. Support staff is overlooked, underpaid, and in general the departments are very
  more... small. When I started there were around 25-30 employees and out of the those 2-3 of us were CS. Now the company has grown to 120 employees, and there were still 2-3 customer service reps. There is nowhere to advance. Even though I was steadily taking on more responsibility after five years there, i hit the ceiling. There was little to no effort by management to address this problem.

All of my co-workers were fantastic

The hardest part of the job was keeping customers calm when they were upset and figuring out exactly what I needed to say to make them happy/ satisfied. This company is international, so the diversity of people that I was helping was endless. Sometimes it was very hard to not take what they were saying personally, but that level of separation becomes easier with experience

The most enjoyable part of the job was hands down the people who worked there.
Pros
close knit group of employees.
Cons
management slow to get things done, not paid well based on experience, no career advancement for support staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barcodes, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Barcodes, Inc. Reviews by Location