Bard College Employee Reviews

Most Enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  GymnasiumMarch 5, 2018
Getting to work with talent and motivated group of individuals. Bard College brings some of the most talented athletically and academically to once place where they can grow and explore their passions all while competing with some of the countries most talented basketball players.
It is a very productive place for me to work at.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Red Hook, NYJanuary 19, 2018
There is always something to do at my job. I have a specific area to maintain 5 days a week. I enjoy every minute of the time I work there. When the kids are off from school, I concentrate on detail work and making sure the building stays clean.
Pros
There is a lot of overtime.
Cons
During the winter season, the building gets really messy.
wonderful place for a working mother
Director of Student Health Services (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504September 22, 2017
Had a great career at Bard. Wonderful culture for a working mother. The Student Health Service was a busy primary care clinic for young adults from diverse backgrounds. Enjoyed the students and the college was a great work environment. There was opportunity for professional growth.
Most satisfying part of the job is helping newcoming students.
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 27, 2017
It's a non-paid job, the most satisfying part of this job is helping incoming students adjust to Bard, as well as building a relationship with the students.
Flexible work schedule but minimum wage
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJune 22, 2017
You have the flexibility to choose the days and amount of hours you want to work within a month. However, the pay is the minimum. My supervisor was always friendly and kind.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low salary
The internship was challenging, yet rewarding.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJune 21, 2017
I would recommend employment at Bard College in the Economics or Athletic department. I was able to learn new research skills, while also completing my senior thesis.
Unique place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJune 14, 2017
Enjoy going to work everyday, always diverse and various responsibilities, which depended on the time of year &/or semester in an academic environment. What a wonderful experience working at Bard College; I will always cherish the moments spent with all the faculty, staff and the Bard Community.
A clean workplace with a calm energy
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Annandale, NYApril 7, 2017
The office provided room for different projects and an atmosphere for creative thinking. Ideas to improve the workspace were supported and encouraged.
Pros
relaxing music, long breaks, allowed to multitask.
A wonderful place to get your feet wet in the academia world
On-Campus Hebrew Tutor and Ambassador for Israel (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYMarch 6, 2017
I work at Bard as a language tutor, part of the FLET program. during my stay here I taught the language, conducted Israeli events and have participated in numerous college classes. Every moment here is an opportunity to grow, learn and advance yourself.
great schoool
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYFebruary 2, 2017
great on campus jobs for students and great wages for non student laborers, friendly easy going setting. Management treats you like family and most importantly you are a human before an employee.
Great!
Intro to Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYFebruary 14, 2016
As a student there I have gained a lot of useful experience! The hardest part of the job is helping the students understand the problems conceptually but with trial and error and persistence on working through the mathematics it all works out.
Excellent working conditions.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Bard College is an outstanding employer. Duties included, keeping assigned areas of college clean to department standards.
The management was fair and on top of all aspects of the department.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students who were a pleasure to talk to, and were appreciative of my efforts.
Pros
Good wage, excellent benefits.
Cons
A safe space for all people.
Women Soccer Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work at Bard College was pretty hectic but our superiors were always eager to help.
Educational and productive workplace
Research Assistant, Cognitive Psychology Lab (Current Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJune 20, 2014
At my various jobs at Bard College, I learned how to be a leader, to be detail-oriented, and to be tenacious.
Formal work environment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJune 10, 2014
A typical day at work included performing daily administrative tasks such as emailing, photo copying, sorting mails, phone calling, and advised tours to prospective students and parents.
Great people, friendly work atmosphere. I really enjoy working at Bard.
PHYSICS DEPARTMENT LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYMay 27, 2013
Bard College was and still is a great place to work. The people are very friendly and the work is challenging and rewarding. I particularly enjoy working improving physics labs for introductory and intermediate physics students.
Overall a good place to work.
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Annandale -on- Hudson, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Bard was exceptional learning facility to enhance my HR knowledege, specifically in the area of benefits and recruitment.
Pros
excellent pto
Working with kids
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Annandale NYSeptember 26, 2012
I worked at Bard College as a soccer coach for their youth camp. I was responsible for about a dozen 5 and 6 year olds. Working with kids always presents unique challenges, but is also very rewarding. I created and implemented drills and games that captured the attention of the group while being fun to play. Keeping the kids engaged and interested for the entire day was difficult but not impossible. Creating different games and thinking on the spot was a high point of this job.
Good place to study
Econometrics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Annandale-on-Hudson, NYJuly 10, 2012
Good place to study and learn. Good professors. Take advantage of the opportunities given and you can gain valuable experience when moving into real life.
Great experience for teachers and students
Teacher/Artist (Former Employee) –  Anandale, New YorkFebruary 14, 2012
This intense summer program is a thorough investigation of the students work. It consists of one on one critiques with the teachers and the evening critiques where everyone meets to discuss the students work. It is an interactive and interdisciplinary program, which brings together writers, sculptures, poets, performance artist, film makers and painters,