Bard Medical Employee Reviews

Moncks Corner Engineer
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCDecember 10, 2018
I learned a huge amount working there. All of the plant utilities were in an unmaintained state leading to huge amounts of downtime. It was a hard fight to get these projects funded.

I experienced a lot of scapegoating when I was there. Loved the people on the floor though. Foley line was still there when I was there. I have heard it has since moved. I had to fight offshoring effort that was kept secret when I was there.

Bard almost sold itself to Tyco while I was there.
great teamwork
Senior Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 5, 2018
In a reaserch and design enviorment the rhode island facility is a team oriented focus driven company. there is always room for advancement and travel with upcoming changes.
Pros
team work advancement
Cons
healthcare changes
company relocated
Maintenance Tech 3rd shift (Former Employee) –  Stewartville, MNNovember 20, 2018
the mangers there treated you fairly but to the company leaders you are just a number that can be replaced. If they can make money doing something or relocating they will. They would lie to your face and expect you to be honest and dedicated to their success. It really showed you how company leaders think of the people who make them their money.
Pros
Direct management was great caring people. would go out of their way to help
Cons
Management above the direct management didnt care, treat you like nothing, tried to always cut corners when it came to quality
Overall, a great company
Principal Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Bard. I feel that they valued me and what I had to contribute as an individual. The company offered many opportunities for external training, which I really appreciated.
Pros
Values the individual
Cons
Travel for some employees can be excessive
bad
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCNovember 2, 2018
Management makes promises and do not deliver the promises. Very bad attitude

Location location location. There is nothing and if there is it is very expensive.
very slow pace, and tedious
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 28, 2018
A normal day at Bard is very slow. I had to make sure everything was correct and alined. i paid attention to every detail I did, Sometimes it would take me up to an hour to get one thing done because of the size and precision of the balloon i was working on. the hardest thing about this job would be that everything had to be straight and not touching. I wasn't good with the microscope they used. the most enjoyable part is that i was able to sit and interact with other employees while working and not feeling no stress.
Pros
not much stress, and paid lunch.
Cons
very slow paced
productive and fun
Balloon maker for cathaters (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 22, 2018
was slow paced but needed to make numbers fast. managements was good but didnt always see eye to eye with supervisor.
the hardest part was making the balloons.
Pros
atmosphere/benefits
Cons
nothing
Na
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Monks corner scOctober 17, 2018
I was a nice time there learn a lot was nice a friendly people it was hard getting along with some people but u have to learn how to just go to work and work
Think before you leap!
Clinical Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 11, 2018
Bard cares very little about its Clinical team. The bottom line of this company is push as much product down the throat of the hospital or facility as they can. The Clinical Manger has little to no say in what education is conducted or when it’s conducted. If you don’t do exactly what the sales rep wants you will be labeled as difficult or not a team player. From day one I was not made to feel like a member of the team. I was a puppet of the sales team. Be careful and think very hard before making the leap to industry.
Pros
The job itself is easy, but it comes at a very high cost.
Cons
Not made to feel like a true member of the team. Management talks a big talk, but in the end they do not have your back and will hang you out to dry, to save their own butts.
Do not apply - run
IQC technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 8, 2018
The actual work was not bad. It was the drama that the supervisor like to create and pit the workers against each other. The supervisor had her favorites and those employees never had to work. It was difficult to come everyday and work hard when your co-workers would sit around laughing and talking , not doing anything. I also saw three different employees sleeping and the supervisor looked the other way. I thought I could ignore all that because the pay was decent, but after awhile it got to me. The stress of the job was high because work was not getting done. If you are a person of integrity - run. Company got bought out by Becton Dickinson so don't be fooled by them advertising under that name.
benefits
Cons
favoritism and stress
horrible place to work
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 30, 2018
in mfg pro the supervisor never knows whats going on. You have people who come to work on a daily basis and never does any work. they are the ones who is constantly laughing with the boss. When you first get there they are going to act as if you are golden because they want you to feel welcomed. then after 3-4 months nothing you do is enough. the only thing they care about is the job getting done. they dont care if you die behind it. after i quit working there my stress level went away and my happiness came back. you will never have a set schedule . the time to come in changes everyday and you never know when you go home. be prepared to sell your soul to this sorry company.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
you work for a slave master.
Learning experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 21, 2018
Bard is one if the cleanest warehouses I've ever worked in. The supervisors and co-workers are really good at their job. Their pay is really good as well.
Lots of work
Stripper (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 6, 2018
There will be nights where they make you stay till all of the work is done but other shifts wont do their fair share of work so you end up getting screwed over and have to stay late.
Pros
Decent Pay
Awful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Zero leadership within my former department. Worst IT department in the history of the world. Chaos and cattiness among women. Most boring, stagnant, silent office I’ve ever worked in— zero signs of life. I couldn’t get out of here fast enough. Genuinely the most toxic workplace I’ve ever worked in, unless you enjoy being picked on by executive admins for your clothing, hair, and other things not related to your work performance.
Pros
Casual dress, summer hours
Cons
Political, toxic, and backstabbing gossipy adult women
Fast-paced environment
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 25, 2018
Ever changing and fast-paced but that's where I function the best. The hourly workforce had a lot of tenure for the most part which was both positive and negative at times. It made implementing change difficult.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
turnover in management and hourly workforce
Good reputation. Not fun place to work. Too much of business determined by contracts not individual efforts
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJAugust 24, 2018
Difficult to control you own destiny. Contracts play major role in sales results. Many go from top one year to bottom the next year. Hard to have consistently high sales performance. No place for career sales person. Plenty of favoritism.
Pros
Co car. High quality products.
Cons
Very political. No place for career sales person
Fast pace
Catheters Hole Puncher (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCAugust 17, 2018
At work station all day or all night long. Punching holes in catheters. Have to do at least 800 catheters a shift. The mangers are very nice and care.
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Paid
Production assembly
Team Member 1 (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NY 12804August 6, 2018
This job requires a constant pace of perfect quality medical devices. Give your all and you will succeed gradually to your goals with helping people live better lives.
Pros
stable paying job
Cons
n/a
Productive place to work with some cool people
Catheter Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJuly 20, 2018
CR Bard is and was an easy place to work. None of the jobs in bard are hard to do. The place is close to home for some people right in between bonneau and moncks corner but overall a good place.
Clean work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 9, 2018
Very clean working environment and can be fast pace at time very nice personal. I would love to have been a full time employee. Very nice nice company.