Barden Circulation, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun work place but High Employee turnover
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2019
Really enjoyed working here because they were flexible, but do your research before applying here. It’s hard to make the actual pay they offer you here. The management is quite all over the place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Management, pay
Barden
Team Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2019
Great place to work. It is independent work. Commission is great, product is easy to sell, and advancement is the name of the game at Barden. If your making sales you are getting promoted. Great company to work with.
Pros
Independent.
Cons
All Commossion. If you dont actually work. You wont get paid.
dont work here
Kiosk sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2019
they often participate in shady business practices like training their employees to sell in a way that wrongs the customer but wont realize it at the time. The company will have you drive all over houston racking up beltway gas and food charges because it is all commission no benefits and half of the time we were kicked out of the stores we worked in because someone got caught hustling unsuspecting customers or just simply we were unauthorized to be there by management and our manager would bs lower management when senior management was not present at their store saying that they talked it over and that the senior manager approved our sales within the store. due to this i worked every day for several months barely making sales working in very poor areas and consistently not having a place to work for days out of the week. this should only be a temporary job if any at all. seriously it isnt even worth more than 3 weeks of work.
Your mindset
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 11, 2019
I learned hard work and nothing will be handed to you. The best of the best grind out and have a great mental to keep there head in the game. Also the training are awesome.
Leadership is main source of issues
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 27, 2019
mission loosely followed and management is fickle and unfocused.
most enjoyable were co workers.
hardest part was management.
what I learned was time management and how to start a sales and marketing office from the ground up.
Work day
Salesmen (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at work would be quick paced with little time to think before the next customer came through the door. The days were short and always in a new location. The long drives to these new destinations made the job a hassle though. I do admit my favorite part though was getting to see new faces and learn new names, while seeing the local culture.
It will be fun!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
Made $200.00 in 2 1/2 hrs and enjoyed the baseball game! Got a chance to visit many cool places and learn a lot in a 100% sales driven environment. Positive atmosphere and good working environment.
Pros
Good Money!
Cons
Some Locations are better than others!
good company
Payroll Specialist/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The company was pretty good to work for and the sales team was awesome. I was the payroll specialist and made sure the contractors were paid weekly, this job paid well; but could be very demanding and I didn't feel I was a good fit. I did learn so much and enjoyed my 3 years with them for other reasons.
Go-getters will love it.
National Sales Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 9, 2018
Hard work is rewarded. Lots of opportunity to move up if you are willing to do the hard work. Commissions are very generous. If you enjoy sales, no supervision and having a solid product to sell, this is a great place for you.
Barden Circulation
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 29, 2017
it was a great job. I really loved working for this company. it also was very flexible on the days and hours that you chose to work, as long as all your order forms were turned in on time
B. Circulation
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Great opportunity to make good money. Competitive fast paced and a little bit of driving. Not too much though. Was only looking for something more stationary, otherwise would still be there.
Great Job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2017
this job is great. fun atmosphere. high energy, great bosses. must be able to sell. need to find something else to sell besides newspaper. work hard play hard
Rewarding opportunity that will take you as far as you want to go
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 2, 2017
I have been with this company for 5 years. This job is about so much more than just sales. It is about personal growth, providing for your family and achieving your dreams. I advanced from sales rep to Account Director within one year. I've seen many others do the same. This job can be challenging at times, but if you're self motivated, willing to work hard, and follow the systems in place you will succeed. If you express the desire to move up to the next level this company will not hold you back. Advancement opportunity and income potential is virtually unlimited. Great team atmosphere and you are supported by management from the top down.
Pros
Open minded, hard working individuals can write their own check.
Cons
Not really a con but you will need to be self motivated to succeed in this business.
Exellent job opportunity for those with an entrepreneur mentality!
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 2, 2017
In my opinion the best part about Barden Circulation is that support and the opportunities for growth. Therefore, if you have an entrepreneur mentality and a desire for growth join the fastest growing circulation company in the country BCI.
Pros
The pay structure and bonuses
Cons
We work under little or no supervision, but with an entrepreneur mentality and an exellent work ethic this shouldn't be something to worry.
The last place you'll ever work
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2017
How to sum up BCI in a short paragraph.....The support from the company is my favorite part, anything you could think of needing to be successful it's done, already approved. Supplies, retraining, managers assistance in area you struggle with, it's like they were waiting for you to ask. Have a problem? Instant solution. That and i enjoy the ability to create my own schedule and not get micromanaged. The opportunity is endless and the weekly payout is unlimited. Truly my favorite company to work for. If your reading these reviews its time for you to fill out the last application you'll ever need. Come get paid!
Pros
Unlimited support and income
Cons
Trying to decide what i don't like about BCI.... stay tuned
BCI offers financial prosperity for anyone with a the abilty to be self disciplined and has a good, consistent work ethic!
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 1, 2017
It's important that you know, I'm just a person that was looking for work, a job seeker like you. I made the call six years ago. Now I can't imagine working anywhere else then BCI !!

The leaders at BCI have supported my efforts with 100% positive reinforcement. They build you up, not put you down!

You are never alone, there is always someone you can turn to for solid advice with any aspect of the business.

BCI leaders do not wear their titles on their sleeves, everyone is available to provide knowledge and encouragement to help you reach your financial goals.

BCI will help you succeed!

The job / work life balance is a huge factor of why I started and advanced in this company for what will be 6 years next month!

Your dream job, the career you've hoped for, your financial success is here with BCI !!

Make the call like I did!

Don't pass on your opportunity to join BCI !!

Best wishes from BCI Sarasota Florida !!
Pros
An ability to balance work and life without compromising your personal financial goals!
Cons
Procastination and complacency are demons that can limit your success.
Awesome work place, and plenty of room for advanc
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2017
I started working for Barden Circulation in 2016, January! Right away I was trained buy managers who actually took the time out to help me develop in my sales experience and gain confidence with overcoming objections. Within 11 months I climbed the ladder from sales rep all the way to the Account Director over Charlotte. I'm currently making 100k per year and still have the flexibility to spend my days like I prefer. I'm so glad that I gave this company a shot
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay, room for advancement
Cons
Having to learn how to develop your skills
Best opportunity I've ever had
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2017
I've been with BCI going on 4 years, I started as a sales rep, worked hard and followed the training. I was promoted twice in 3 years and now make more money than I ever have working for an hourly wage.
When I took my last promotion my son started working for me he is 18 years old and making $40,000 a year straight out of highschool.
Pros
Independence - Unlimited opportunity - Flexibility
Cons
Independence and flexibility can be hard for some people to manage
Waste of Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 20, 2016
Do not work here if youre depending on this for your only income! Your job is to lure people to a kiosk for a raffle & then pitch a newspaper subscription. Some customers are very rude. You will be suprised how some people dont even listen. You may have to drive long distances to stores. Some days you will not make a sale AT ALL. This opportunity wasnt all bad. The staff was great. The money was not. I guess if you have time to get better at persuading people to buy the paper it could be a decent place to be. I dont know about everyone else but I have bills to pay. I wouldnt be on indeed at this moment looking for jobs. I just happened to see this company and wanted to help people to not fall in a trap.
Pros
Great Boss/Team
Cons
Uncertian pay
na
Administrative Assistant and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 15, 2016
great job, sales position admisistrative assistant working with the public and other companies in the lakeland fl area providing the local newspaper and coupons. customer relations and keeping track of commission also major events on the weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barden Circulation, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight