Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Fun teamwork sales evironment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work especially if you need another job to fill in the gaps. Amazing benefits for fulltime employees and managers. Discount on makeup is incredible.
Good company to work for.
key holder/ Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
Started as a part time sales and worked my way up to key holder position. The management turn over was ridiculous. Our store never had a steady management team. High turnovers
Pros
Great makeup discount
Cons
Not enough managers
Bare Minerals
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 3, 2018
Overall this company is an amazing company to work for. I wish I could work more hours though. Working 12-29 hours is not a steady job for someone who is trying to get their life started. Management at my job is horrible, the store manager is constantly making her employees feel worthless instead of encouraging them to do better and feel better. She also doesn't lead by example. Overall the company is great just wish the management was better.
Great learning experience
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
this a definitely a fast pased enviroment that is constantly changing especially if you are on the field. my position was salary so you are on call all day even on your day off.
Pros
you get learn about all 3 main retailers Macy's, Ulta, Sephora
literally was my favorite job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCSeptember 11, 2018
pay was $22 an hour literally the only complaint i had was part time and job security. i was laid off due to corporate over estimating their return of investment when they decided to increase reps across the country to 20 hours a week.
Pros
pay, boss, education
Cons
will lay off employee instead of waiting for budget to stabilize
I enjoyed the work and the people
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the people and discounts on products. BM is a great place to work around the holidays. They do secret Santa and pot luck during the winter holidays.
Fun place to work and grow
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2018
Working here I learned a lot about makeup, business, and customer service. It was a fun work environment and met some great women working here. The company is very goal driven.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
No full-time positions, pay wasn’t very good
Great Place for Make-up Lovers
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 3, 2018
I happened to work with an amazing team of women who loved make-up and made the environment fun. The product is fantastic and Bare Minerals offers the best discount. The pressure to meet sales goals is the only pressure.
productive ad stress free
Keyholder (Management) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
a typical day would consist of helping clients and building you sale from there.
I learned ow to improve my cosmetic skills by applying makeup and skincare 10-15 times a day everyday.
management is very understanding and effective.
hardest part of the job would be to understand the metrics of the business and how they relate to one another and using that knowledge to improve the business.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team.
Pros
amazing close knit team
Cons
benefits, hours
Fun place to work!
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2018
I only worked part time at bareMinerals, but I love it. I'm currently a part-time keyholder and I go to school full time. I love how flexible the hours are here and my team. The reason why I come to work happy everyday is because of my team! The pay is very good for part time as well. The only downfall of everything is that it gets slow from time to time and you only get one weekend off the month. Other than that I love working for bareMinerals! And you get a 50% off discount!
Pros
Pay, discount
Cons
only one weekend off a month
Not a productive company
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 24, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. They are a very dishonest company when it comes to employee rules and regulations.

I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Why I loved this job
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved this job because it allowed me to work with make up which I loved and I got paid for it. This job is mostly for those who love makeup and it’s a good way to get started into being a makeup artist, you also get to free lance and do jobs on the side for brides, birthday parties etc.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
bad place
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 31, 2018
Only work here if you are desperate or are looking for strictly part time. They make you do over the top work for minimum pay. I hated working here but needed the job. My first manager was great! The second not at all. She was racist and never wanted to help any clients. She was also very stuck in her way of running a store (she was from the middle of nowhere and we were located in a busy city). You get no benefits, no bonus, rarely any incentive... just horrible.
Great environment
South Florida Regional Manager - Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 27, 2018
Great place to be your own boss and manage your own territory. You must be self sufficient and a self starter. Ability to manage a large territory without much supervision.
Learned a lot about make up, customer service, and management
Store/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 23, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at bare minerals and the coaching they attempted to offer. Unfortunately, with the pay and class of people they eomplyoed (Due to low pay rate and requiring uniforms without reimbursing) I think it was easy for low employee morale to be present. They taught me a lot about sales techniques, some were refreshers that I already knew. I didn't appreciate that we had to come to work with a full face of make up every day. Their whole mission is to make women feel good and natural and comfortable in their own skin. I loved applying make up to other people but I don't wear much make up myself, so to be shamed for not looking like prom night every time I came to work was daunting.
Fun fun fun
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 18, 2018
Working at BareMinerals was absolute blast. Working with women who constantly lifted each other up to help sell makeup and skincare to all the beautiful women in our city.
Quick-paced, upbeat environment with advancement available.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 18, 2018
There are systems set up to make the work day run more smoothly, there are more times than not those are not utilized. Customers are not always patient or understanding, nor are they polite. The company will always go above and beyond to keep customers.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment, there are no guaranteed hours.
Great staff / Fun environment
Keyholder/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bare Minerals. The staff was wonderful and we had a great bond as a sales team. I will say, if you are not comfortable with selling and making goals, it would be the wrong job for you. You need to be motivated and work as a team to hit the store goal.
Pros
Great discounts and gratis
Cons
Hard to take time off
Good company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
Good company to work for, not a lot of job security as the CEOs keep coming and going. Company is always reactive in trying to stay relevant with competition.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not a lot of job security
Buen ambiente
Processing Order (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
Buen ambiente, reconocen el esfuerzo del empleado y habilidades

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight