Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Slow paced, terrible management
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 30, 2018
I worked here for 4 months,I planned to work there alot longer but management got so bad to the point where It was unbearable. Hours are only good if low staffed for the week,and also based on your sales,if you sale above what you're supposed to the next week you may get a few more hours. Pretty lenient when it comes to taking time off but its first come first serve literally! The last Month i was there was the worst, got a new manager and coworkers were telling me there were racial issues with her but I disregarded them until they left and then I started to be picked on. Which was my motive for leaving. The boutique manager knew there was issues amongst employees but sometimes turned a blind eye.The stores in your district compete so much to the point where they feel the need to micro manage and managers tend to be fake friends to each other its actually hilarious.
Pros
Employee Discount, flexible scheduling, occasional gratis
Cons
Pay and hours dont match, Micro Managing
Never again
Key Holder/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 24, 2018
I LOVEEEEEE BE as a brand, the products are amazinnnnnng!
But the management SUCKS! I worked @pentagon city for 4 months. It was great cause I got two promotions while I was there. The store manager that was there was the bomb! she was super fair and understanding. After she left the temp SM "AT" showed soooooo much favoritism to the other temp ASM cause they was besties and brand ambassador "AG". Well its was a number of ppl who got into issues with "AG" and "AT" DID NOTHING ABOUT IT! she changed my availability without speaking to me about it n lie to the district manager stating that she spoke to me about things and then came and talked to me about it two weeks later.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
productive environment, mostly friendly and collaborative
Key Holder Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CANovember 8, 2018
I am still employed here and enjoy my duties in this collaborative retail setting. I am looking for a full time position which Bare Essentuals does not provide.
Pros
Free products (gratis)
Cons
some benefits not provided to part time employees
very fun job
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 5, 2018
very fun place to work, i love bare minerals if i could have gotten the position i was told id be getting i would stay. it is not a great job if you need a full time job
Good entry level in cosmetic sales
Seasonal Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 26, 2018
Great for experience and exposure in the industry, not really sustainable for the long term. It's best to apply during the holiday season because that's when they do the most hires.
Fun place
Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 24, 2018
Loved working there but wasn’t enough money. Not enough hours. Only could work a minimum of six hours if you wasn’t a key holder or in management. Also got to go to a makeup boot camp where I got free samples of makeup as well.
Pros
Free makeup
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place!
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GAOctober 22, 2018
Love working here, best job this far in my cosmetics career! We have fun and enjoy each other’s company. I love working here mainly for my love of cosmetics, but it’s also nice to have a good group of coworkers.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
None yet!
Fun teamwork sales evironment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work especially if you need another job to fill in the gaps. Amazing benefits for fulltime employees and managers. Discount on makeup is incredible.
Good company to work for.
key holder/ Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
Started as a part time sales and worked my way up to key holder position. The management turn over was ridiculous. Our store never had a steady management team. High turnovers
Pros
Great makeup discount
Cons
Not enough managers
Bare Minerals
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 3, 2018
Overall this company is an amazing company to work for. I wish I could work more hours though. Working 12-29 hours is not a steady job for someone who is trying to get their life started. Management at my job is horrible, the store manager is constantly making her employees feel worthless instead of encouraging them to do better and feel better. She also doesn't lead by example. Overall the company is great just wish the management was better.
Great learning experience
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
this a definitely a fast pased enviroment that is constantly changing especially if you are on the field. my position was salary so you are on call all day even on your day off.
Pros
you get learn about all 3 main retailers Macy's, Ulta, Sephora
literally was my favorite job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCSeptember 11, 2018
pay was $22 an hour literally the only complaint i had was part time and job security. i was laid off due to corporate over estimating their return of investment when they decided to increase reps across the country to 20 hours a week.
Pros
pay, boss, education
Cons
will lay off employee instead of waiting for budget to stabilize
I enjoyed the work and the people
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the people and discounts on products. BM is a great place to work around the holidays. They do secret Santa and pot luck during the winter holidays.
Fun place to work and grow
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2018
Working here I learned a lot about makeup, business, and customer service. It was a fun work environment and met some great women working here. The company is very goal driven.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
No full-time positions, pay wasn’t very good
Great Place for Make-up Lovers
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 3, 2018
I happened to work with an amazing team of women who loved make-up and made the environment fun. The product is fantastic and Bare Minerals offers the best discount. The pressure to meet sales goals is the only pressure.
productive ad stress free
Keyholder (Management) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
a typical day would consist of helping clients and building you sale from there.
I learned ow to improve my cosmetic skills by applying makeup and skincare 10-15 times a day everyday.
management is very understanding and effective.
hardest part of the job would be to understand the metrics of the business and how they relate to one another and using that knowledge to improve the business.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team.
Pros
amazing close knit team
Cons
benefits, hours
Fun place to work!
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2018
I only worked part time at bareMinerals, but I love it. I'm currently a part-time keyholder and I go to school full time. I love how flexible the hours are here and my team. The reason why I come to work happy everyday is because of my team! The pay is very good for part time as well. The only downfall of everything is that it gets slow from time to time and you only get one weekend off the month. Other than that I love working for bareMinerals! And you get a 50% off discount!
Pros
Pay, discount
Cons
only one weekend off a month
Not a productive company
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 24, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. They are a very dishonest company when it comes to employee rules and regulations.

I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Why I loved this job
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved this job because it allowed me to work with make up which I loved and I got paid for it. This job is mostly for those who love makeup and it’s a good way to get started into being a makeup artist, you also get to free lance and do jobs on the side for brides, birthday parties etc.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
bad place
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 31, 2018
Only work here if you are desperate or are looking for strictly part time. They make you do over the top work for minimum pay. I hated working here but needed the job. My first manager was great! The second not at all. She was racist and never wanted to help any clients. She was also very stuck in her way of running a store (she was from the middle of nowhere and we were located in a busy city). You get no benefits, no bonus, rarely any incentive... just horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.