Bargain Hunt Employee Reviews

Staff is great, Management isnt
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 19, 2018
The management team all trusts each other and trusts none of their workers when the managers sit in the office all day and the workers keep the clothes off the ground and merchandise on the shelves but are still singled out for small projects the manager requested that dont move the store forward at all or keep it presentable. The store is a mess generally.
Pros
good deals. good coworkers.
Cons
bad managers. terrible situation to be in.
Unless you’re desperate, STAY AWAY!!!!!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 14, 2018
As the title states, unless you’re desperate for a job that pays extremely low wage, hardly few to no hours, no breaks, or you’re in high school just starting out in the job market: STAY AWAY!!!

This is NOT a job that will pay you well. Dealing with low income families, drug addicts, and thefts isn’t worth being paid $9 an hour. Management will do everything in their power to refuse you a break. By law you’re allowed a break but oftentimes I didn’t get to take mine. Working 6 hours or more you’re allowed a 30 minute in-paid break but you’ll never receive it. They’ll work you 6 hours on the dot no more no less. Their “policies” on calling out is borderline illegal. You’re basically allowed one call out you’re entire tenure if you called out again you’re fired. Sick? Family emergency? Unexpected emergency? Oh well if you call out you’re risking your job. I can understand people abusing the call out option to just not want to show up to work but when you have an honest to God emergency, an act of God happens, or you’re genuinely sick they really don’t care. Time off? Good luck getting anything approved.

Getting full time is impossible. I was told only store managers are allowed full time. You WILL NOT have any opportunities for advancement. Cashiers, assemblers, or sales floor are all part time and do not receive many hours. I was given 15 hours at most. That is NOT enough hours to make a living wage. Extremely short shifts.
Pros
Cons
Extremely low wages. No breaks. Cannot call out unless you want to be fired. No hours.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNSeptember 5, 2018
All associals are very helpful and like working for Bargain Hunt. You are able to work thru out store, making your shift flow easily. Help customers find the producing they need.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
I haven't experienced any cons
Fun unloading and unpacking boxes observing new mdse. Enjoyed helping and speaking with customers no
Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 4, 2018
Typical day at work on day shift was to unload mdse from skids and distribute for display and sale while continuously retrieving displaced items and returning to thier correct area. Doing this familiarized me with location of items in store for customer direction.
Night shift was concentrated on cleaning andi reorganizing. Stocking was fun. Another enjoyable part of job was meeting, speaking
and helping customers to
Pros
Extreme fun unpacking new mdse
Cons
Lifting some of the heavier mdse
Workplace culture
Stock Associate/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 17, 2018
Very little logic was applied to daily assignments by the manager. The associates did not move with a purpose. The job was too simplistic and offered no challenge other than dealing with the Illogical direction of management.
Pros
Discounts and Flexible scheduling
Cons
Lack of logical and common sense direction by management.
fun store/workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 16, 2018
it was fun to work with new friends at Bargain Hunt Labor purchased could have been discount. It was my first job as part time job I learned cashier and store cleaning/decorating
Cons
+labor discount
fast pace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TNAugust 11, 2018
fast paced, coworkers are great. Hours get cut too much. Less hours and less people but expect the same amount of work for the day. Not enough coverage through out the day.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
hours getting cute
Not worth your time.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHAugust 9, 2018
Very unorganized and very unprofessional. Assistant manager threatened to fight me after I resigned. Can’t control temper and likes to throw things. Watch your head if you plan on working here.
Pros
Low prices
Cons
Great place to work but is extremely stressful in management position.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 9, 2018
We have a great working atmosphere at our store. The employees are our strength. Dealing with the demands from our corporate office makes makes the management positions very stressful.
Cut throat and drama filled environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2018
Would not recommend to anyone. They over work you for only $9 an hour. You will not receive any benefits. They promise quick advancement which they do not.
bargain hunt
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2018
Great company. Very unorganized though. Needs help in Leadership. An average day is super busy but you get use to it. Leadership was a little rude than usual but i enjoyed my working experience here
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 21, 2018
Do not advise working here. The manager offers certain perks to employees depending on race. He also sets rules depending on who you are not your work.
No payroll dirty stores
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 18, 2018
The stores are understaffed and the associates are underpaid. These equal retail nightmares for all involved.. you leave no choice but to have nasty stores
The hardest part of the job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 17, 2018
The hardest part of the job is they encourage initiative to be a manager and leader but they knock everything you do and totally disreguard everything you do and say.
Fun place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 5, 2018
I had recently came in on a morning shift with a couple other people to re-due the store. I was always the one the had the most hours. I was the one working the hardest regardless of the time of day. I would put in 200% no matter what. Dealing with customers, stocking freight, pushing product, supervising the warehouse, driving the forklift taking freight off the truck. Cleaning the store before and after my shift. All of it.
Pros
Good discounts 20% on all mechandise
Cons
horrible pay
Typical Day
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 28, 2018
Since I was a manager of the company I know the ins and outs. You would have a very busy day with a lot of customer service and running around the store. This is a day in Bargain Hunt putting merchandise out in the morning and at night straightening the store and making it look great for the next day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great concept, fun atmosphere, Growth opportunities, growing company
Team Leader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 26, 2018
Company is unique in several ways. With constantly changing merchandise, and a pricing system different from typical retailers, it's truly unlike any other establishment. With a system that is unmatched, also comes learning the correct way intended, may not always be the best or easiest way to achieve the desired results. The biggest adjustments for anyone with retail experience, is taking the experiences you know and have learned, and basically starting as if you have no prior knowledge of how the standard operations in managing a successful retail establishment is normally done, and start fresh. After many years in Retail management, I in a few days found several programs that were simply non-existent. That didn't mean I couldn't implement them, It just made this harder to do when every associate had no clue what I was wanting, and in their defense, had never been properly trained or explained why they were needing to and going to be done until I am personally told not to. Overall, it's a great company with growth opportunities and allows for individual creativity for merchandising, and to know that regardless of position and title, pay range or seniority, every employee is an important member of the store and companies success. Every company has the ability to improve, but that is only dependent on the associates willingness to learn and adapt to change.
Pros
20% Employee Discount on everything, Opportunity for growth, Management wants to see you succeed and grow
Cons
Pay for associates could be better to secure more experienced people, Moral of employees down because they don't feel important, stay on top of scheduled reviews to follow up on monetary increases
Quick Paced environment but fun.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 23, 2018
Working at Bargain Hunt over the past year showed me you can truly have fun in the workplace while still maintaining an energetic and productive work life.
Pros
Extremely nice co-workers
Hardest Part
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 21, 2018
The hardest part of working at Bargain Hunt was that the hiring manager hired many people that knew each other and it was a difficult task to keep everyone on track and doing their jobs.
Over worked and under paid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 12, 2018
Company has issues with communication and training. NO training programs. Terrible pay and worse benefits. No guidance from upper management and stressful work place environment.
Pros
Employee discout 20%
Cons
Leadership is poor and communication is non existent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bargain Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight