Bargain Hunt Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No payroll dirty stores
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 18, 2018
The stores are understaffed and the associates are underpaid. These equal retail nightmares for all involved.. you leave no choice but to have nasty stores
The hardest part of the job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 17, 2018
The hardest part of the job is they encourage initiative to be a manager and leader but they knock everything you do and totally disreguard everything you do and say.
Fun place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 5, 2018
I had recently came in on a morning shift with a couple other people to re-due the store. I was always the one the had the most hours. I was the one working the hardest regardless of the time of day. I would put in 200% no matter what. Dealing with customers, stocking freight, pushing product, supervising the warehouse, driving the forklift taking freight off the truck. Cleaning the store before and after my shift. All of it.
Pros
Good discounts 20% on all mechandise
Cons
horrible pay
Great concept, fun atmosphere, Growth opportunities, growing company
Team Leader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 26, 2018
Company is unique in several ways. With constantly changing merchandise, and a pricing system different from typical retailers, it's truly unlike any other establishment. With a system that is unmatched, also comes learning the correct way intended, may not always be the best or easiest way to achieve the desired results. The biggest adjustments for anyone with retail experience, is taking the experiences you know and have learned, and basically starting as if you have no prior knowledge of how the standard operations in managing a successful retail establishment is normally done, and start fresh. After many years in Retail management, I in a few days found several programs that were simply non-existent. That didn't mean I couldn't implement them, It just made this harder to do when every associate had no clue what I was wanting, and in their defense, had never been properly trained or explained why they were needing to and going to be done until I am personally told not to. Overall, it's a great company with growth opportunities and allows for individual creativity for merchandising, and to know that regardless of position and title, pay range or seniority, every employee is an important member of the store and companies success. Every company has the ability to improve, but that is only dependent on the associates willingness to learn and adapt to change.
Pros
20% Employee Discount on everything, Opportunity for growth, Management wants to see you succeed and grow
Cons
Pay for associates could be better to secure more experienced people, Moral of employees down because they don't feel important, stay on top of scheduled reviews to follow up on monetary increases
Quick Paced environment but fun.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 23, 2018
Working at Bargain Hunt over the past year showed me you can truly have fun in the workplace while still maintaining an energetic and productive work life.
Pros
Extremely nice co-workers
Hardest Part
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 21, 2018
The hardest part of working at Bargain Hunt was that the hiring manager hired many people that knew each other and it was a difficult task to keep everyone on track and doing their jobs.
Over worked and under paid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 12, 2018
Company has issues with communication and training. NO training programs. Terrible pay and worse benefits. No guidance from upper management and stressful work place environment.
Pros
Employee discout 20%
Cons
Leadership is poor and communication is non existent
Bargain Hunt Forever
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
The nice thing about Bargain Hunt is the direction it is going. It has been improving their standards, and their product mix. Over my several years with the company I have seen a lot change, and it's been for the better. They provide great benefits, and there is a quality feeling from the top to the bottom on respect and care. This is a company you'd want to be with.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, and Opportunity
Cons
Personal
take of the team
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2018
take care of the team send them to class for a day rmo sucks it makes ni good if you are not doing everyday thats not take away from the store and the cus
Run
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 19, 2018
1. Most dysfunctional management system of a company in place to date.
2. No inventory system in place....shrinkage is off the charts!! Anything is subject to leave the store, I even found a $240.00 Dyson Air Filtration System missing from it's box & it was at least 3ft tall.
3. Employees work without proper training & have no respect for management structure (making for chaotic situations)!!
4. Schedules are atrocious, leaving no room to have a life.....literally!!
5. One last comment: "Can you say Vammoose"?
Great Retail Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 18, 2018
Great retail job. But nothing different from any other retail out of high school job that you can think of. Nothing special except the people you may meet along the way. My boss was awesome as were my co workers. I was sad to leave when I moved. I would do it again in another city if I needed a job.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Average Retail Opportunity
Its for college kids.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 16, 2018
This place will teach you a lot about how to treat people because you definitely get interesting customers on the norm. If you can't take the stress of everyday changes...and I mean everyday then this job is not for you.
Pros
Well you get a lunch
Cons
To many...were should I start?
Do not work here
No longer work there (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 8, 2018
Coloany sold out and forced out its owner and "reatructured" half of its management teams. Needs to close down. Treats its employees like garbage. Awful leadership at the home office.
Productive and fun place to work with high energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMay 2, 2018
Bargain hunt feels like home to people trying to gain first time retail experience. The management staff is always helpful and encouraging new ideas and for employees to make their own decisions about which area of the store they’d prefer to work in. They try to excel in customer service and provide daily deals that keep customers coming back.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, reasonable hours, excellent staff
Cons
Occasionally disorganized
You've some good and bad days, but pay varies.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 30, 2018
What I enjoyed the most about bargain hunt is the customers and sales. The hardest part of the job was trying to reset their clothing sometimes, especially when every manager wanted a certain way.
Pros
Get quality stuff for less
Cons
Take half hour lunch break with no pay
Run don't go there.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 24, 2018
I do love my bargain hunt family but it fell apart with the new management. The new system is stupid. They don't listen to our customers or us. So ridiculous. They even expected higher sales. I think they will go down with k mart. So sad a wonderful business model.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Horrible pay
Working with family (in the store)
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 28, 2018
Since we spend most of our time at our job.....we consider ourselves family. Our customers are family too.
The company is great to work for.
I just need a change.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Hours, Blackout dates and you earn PTO 10 hours monthly
Management was terrible
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Athens tMarch 25, 2018
Really disorganized but was a great company to work for I’d go back in a heartbeat ! They carry a wide variety of things so all together great company and fun environment
Great managers but lack of order
Frieght Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2018
When the store manager left, things got a little confusing. I hated the store clean up. The company needs to come up with a different method or add aisle.
It was better before the new store manger came
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 13, 2018
I work 10 hours a week they play favorites and I asked to move up cuz I been there the longest and I train everyone that comes in anyways so I thought if I'm doing a manager job I should be one no they hired a new manager that never managed before ik I be learning more manger stuff but I had to train her to so I just wouldn't work here .
Pros
Layback, discounts
Cons
Pay, mangermet, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bargain Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight