Bargain Hunt Employee Reviews

Was fun in the beginning
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 22, 2019
Loved working here with the co workers and laid back environment. Then new management took over and everything went down hill. Then I left............
Pros
Fun and easy
Cons
Management pay
Its okay place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 15, 2019
Worked for 2 years no evaluation no raise no thank you for a job well done. Its take take take and no give. Out of a 4 member management team store manager and a Male team lead does nothing while the other 2 female team leads does all the work. And get yelled out by manager when stuff dont get done.
Pros
Cons
Manager. No breaks
fast paced and lots of items! Alot of things to look at
Customer service/ retail associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 5, 2019
daily- count a cash drawer and find the leader on duty and ask what u need to do for your shift. Then u complete task as best as u can, simply because they do not give enough time to make room for new product. Then u move to next task until.store closes then u need to recover. put things back that cu9 have returned and clean up the store from the day
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
unorgizined
Not great
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Parents should have more leeway for emergency cases such as people getting in accidents or spouses schedule got changed. Emergencies happen and should not be punished with immediate layoff of a generally early employee.
Pros
Got fewer and fewer
Cons
Prices got higher and higher for merchandise
Trash company, bad management and toxic culture
Staff (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 27, 2019
Very bad company to work for. Poor management, no appreciation, bad benefits and long work hours , low pay, no career development . Toxic company culture and very depressing workplace
Pros
Cons
Very bad company culture and management only cares about themselves
Worst Management Ever
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 20, 2019
The store leader picks favorite employees. She also allows them to keep thier jobs when they come to work intoxicated due to the fact she is also on drugs as well. The store is an absolute wreck 24/7. There is no training or structure whatsoever. Theft is ridiculously high and it's internal. I have seen so much merchandise thrown right into the dumpster. If you go over the store leader and try to do the right thing and let the DM know what is going on, he will tell the store leader every detail of the conversation with no consequences for the wrong doing. All I can say is stay away from this place!!!!
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TN 37076January 29, 2019
Fun place to work daily task not to hard, Management willing to work with you on schedule. Store hours are not that long never have to work late at night. Hardest part is the customers they can be very demanding and rude. Most enjoyable part is the employee sometime get to work in teams.
Bargain Hunt
Retail Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 20, 2019
great for high school students and part-time workers.
flexible hours, decent pay.
could have better management.
need more involvement between employees.
great discounts.
useful products for everyday life
low paying poorly lead, but great customers
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 16, 2019
arrive at schedule time and ask a manager what he needs me to do that day. Since I perform all tasks in the store I am assigned to various duties. at this date i have worked 12 weekends sat and Sunday. Shifts tend to be short and frequent taking many days and few hours which lends it self to many days ruined and little hope to make decent money. the best part of job is the customers the worst part high productivity is not compensated
Pros
easy job
Cons
lack of instruction, no overall direction provide, poor work force and unskilled management
Love it at first
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 10, 2019
The only reason why I liked working there is because of my co workers! District manager and upper management only cared about making money which it’s a failing business! Store managers had to work almost 60 hours a week if not more and they don’t even care if you spend time with your family! People trying to move up will cut your throat in process! I can’t even shop there anymore because how I felt when I left
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no pay
Love My Work Family
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 7, 2019
I love our group of female leaders! Working with these woman, I find I love coming to to work! As long as you come to work, and do you job, there isn't a problem. It really feels like a family with our group!
Pros
Some times we get free lunch, job is easy and not stressful, breaks are given when needed
Cons
Not enough store management, too many associates who show up and stand there
A shell of what it used to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 6, 2019
Worked for the company for a few years. About a year and a half ago upper management “corporate” personal completely changed. And it’s been cutthroat and downhill ever since. Horrible communication from top to bottom. Expectations can be met, if you intend to live at the store and have zero work/life balance. Extremely disorganized in all aspects of the business.
Pros
Discount and pay
Cons
Most everything else
Good Staff, Terrible Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 17, 2018
I went in thinking this would be a fun part time job but in reality, the workers did everything and management sat in the office all day, I wouldn't advise anyone to work here
Pros
Great Staff team
Out of control
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2018
After working at Bargain Hunt for almost 2 months I realized this is what I was not for me this is the most disorganized place I've ever seen in my life no plan goals no accountability for employee actions by upper management a lot of gossiping and telling business the district manager and her personal life to employees was very uncomfortable for me this is a place that needs a quick shift in management if not it is going to be ruined worse than what it is. The store manager should not be involved in things and conversations with employees about other employees business and of her district manager and what goes on in her personal life is unsatisfactory.
Pros
Discount, customers
Cons
No store plan
terrible company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARDecember 14, 2018
Management doesn’t care about any of the associates, they only care about them. HR doesn’t care about the associates and have no clue what’s going on within the stores or how we’re treated. don’t expect to get full time because it will never happen, nor will you get a raise. if you want to work retail work anywhere but here.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management, poor pay
If you have any other employment options, go there instead.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 8, 2018
Bargain Hunt has no idea what it is doing as a company.

They have unrealistic store appearance expectations for the merchandise they receive in stores and with the allotted payroll. They also set the same standards for all stores regardless of size, fixture availability, or store setup.

My district manager micromanaged to the point where I thought I should just give them the keys. They change policies so frequently that it is impossible to keep up. HR is a gossip mill.

Turnover is very high. A lot of store managers don't even last a year. I had more district managers than I had years worked at this company. A lot of retailers have high turnover with associates. Bargain Hunt can’t even manage to keep top tier staff.

A company cannot succeed if they do not care about their people; Bargain Hunt does not care about its people. Unless you have absolutely no other option, I urge you to find employment elsewhere.

I need to emphasize that none of the following is an exaggeration:

The bottom line is that I lost sleep at night because I worked for this company. My days "off" were consumed with emails, phone calls, conference calls, group text messages, and often eventually going into work. I would regularly drive to work and consider how much better my day would be if I had a car accident on the way. At least weekly, I would feel like my job was in jeopardy and I was going to lose my livelihood at any moment. These feeling are something I would not wish on my worst enemy. I have never been so miserable in any aspect of my life as I was when I worked at Bargain Hunt.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything besides pay
Everything Changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2018
Bargain Hunt WAS the best employer ever until an investment group took over. The culture changed for the worse. The man that started the company was forced out along with those that helped create the great work environment. I was lied to in writing
Horrible
Part timer (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNNovember 26, 2018
Place was horrible don't work there to many Rat's that will jump out of boxes and on to your work station....i know it's a warehouse but they have a serious infestation ANF and dnt seem to care much about the problem
Cons
Flexible Schedule, great place for learning fundamentals of retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHNovember 24, 2018
Bargain Hunt offers a flexible schedule paired with understanding. Daily meeting are held to go over store objectives as well as group focused projects and individual projects. Entry level position is great for newcomers to the workforce, teaching them functions on register as well as sales floor. Employees not limited to knowledge of one area but encouraged to learn all areas.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Part-time
Unorganized, dishonest, don't care about employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 14, 2018
Dishonest management, very low pay for all the stuff you have to put up with. Constantly cutting hours and unrealistic expectations.

I went to work every day and gave them max effort and worked very hard to get things done with little to no thanks or recognition.

Overworked and underpaid. Management does not take care of their employees and are always playing favorites.

I would not recommend this job if you are looking for a future with a company that has integrity and takes care of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bargain Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight