Bargain Hunt Employee Reviews

Sounds great until you get your foot in the door...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 10, 2019
This place is beyond repair! The entire management team is truly like working for a bunch of kids with a Lego set that never was never given proper instructions to complete the assignment and I mean from the owners all the way down. I have worked in several retail environments but this place will truly drive you to madness because just trying to perform the simplest of tasks takes you rigging things to make it happen. For example, when told to stock shelves (which are held up with duct tape and zip ties... not an exaggeration) you have to rearrange an entire aisle to fit one single product on the shelves and the management team expects you to take what looks like a yard sale spat onto shelves and turn it into what you would want to see in a high-end retail store (not happening). No one ever knows what is going on and when asking management for clarification you get nothing but attitude and sarcasm. Every store this place owns is used old buildings and the one in Paducah just truly needs to be torn down because it is jerry-rigged beyond repair and is a safety hazard to employees and customers. Management also constantly wants to throw their duties onto underpaid employees so they don't have to deal with situations so they can just sit in the office and seriously pretend they are doing clerical or administrative work (which trust me they are not... can you say Facebook on company time) which in turn brings morale down for the entire staff. None of the equipment in the store is safe for use and I observed one manager hot wiring a lift and using clear office tape to bundle the wires  more... together in order to use the equipment to unload merchandise in the backroom. Parents DO NOT LET YOUR TEENAGERS WORK FOR THIS COMPANY because they hire meth heads and drugged up employees which in itself is a HUGE safety risk to everyone in the building. There is nothing professional about this company in any way shape or fashion and offers nothing but headaches and heartache to all its employees. DO NOT LET THIS COMPANY BE YOUR FIRST CHOICE FOR EMPLOYMENT and better yet DON'T LET IT BE YOUR CHOICE FOR EMPLOYMENT AT ALL!  less
Don’t work here.
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 2, 2019
This place was nothing but trouble. There was a LOT of problems. Disorganization, no communication, and Purposely over pricing products, just to name a few. This place will make you miserable and you will be stressed out trying to keep up with unrealistic deadlines to get your work done. And the company does not care one bit about any of the employees that they have. I would never work for this company again .
Horrible Upper Management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2019
There are no words. This was by far, the worst job I have EVER had. No organization, no planning. Nothing was ever good enough. GM’s in stores with NO experience and horrible attitudes.
It's sad honestly
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 30, 2019
They will hire people for better pay and not give you a raise. They will act(badly) as if they care about any needs or opinions you have. The company doesn't care about it's employees. And the store lead will "try" to get you a raise. Quickly hire someone for 9/hour and leave you in the dust making 8.50 even if you put blood sweat and tears the months being there. First 10 months I felt apart of a family. Last 2 I felt like I got pushed out
Go somewhere else
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 25, 2019
Poor managements, poor training they just throw you loose after hiring you. Drama, lot and lots of drama. Depends on who kisses the most butt gets promotions. No drug screen before hiring so full of meth heads
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
No drug screening so most employees strung out
Horrible
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 21, 2019
I Didn’t like the job because they treated me badly. And didn’t care how they treated me, management was horrible as well that the reason I left and they stole hours
Working Relations
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 15, 2019
I did like working at Bargain Hunt, but the Manager went with what a customer said and fired me, and didn't want to hear from me what happened. I thought that was so wrong, but life goes on.
The worst company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2019
They do not give raises. They do not pay enough for the work they asked for you to do. They cut hours around holiday time and make you work even harder.they will let a customer walk out the building with a basket full of merchandise while they sit back at the office and watch the employees, trying to figure out which one of them are stealing.
Poor Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 11, 2019
I was an Assistant Manager it was so hard to get the other Managers to help keep the store clean. They had favorites that would only work with other Management I enjoyed working with everyone. The Store Manager was racist & he didn't care how hard you worked. Great Co-workers but Poor Management.
Bad
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNOctober 6, 2019
They say they will hire you for a certain position but they won't. They hire you for whatever the heck they want while lying to your face. It's just not a place of working as teams.
Hardworking Environment
RMO Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALOctober 4, 2019
Its OK but not lasting and its hardworking environment to work but meeting and talking to associates is great and showing good customer service to customers. Terrible Management but one good manager
Pros
Working with Associates and talking to customers
Cons
No Benefits No Career Advancement and Micromanagement
Poor management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 3, 2019
Working for Bargain Hunt meant you never knew what your hours were each week, what you'd be doing every day or who would call out due to poor employment options. The staff is unreliable and the district managers were unreliable and unpalatable. No one stuck around long due to wage inequality and low pay.
My least favorite job so far!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 2, 2019
Management was extremely unfair, picked favorites, gave them more hours than anyone. Some only got one day a week or less. Not worth your time. I worked there for nearly three months and every day was excruciatingly boring, I went out of town to see my dying grandpa, I told my managers about it beforehand, and while I was gone my boss called me threatening to fire me if I didn’t come back. I got in trouble for going to the bathroom and manager took away my breaks for that reason sometimes.
Pros
$9 an hour
Cons
unfair management, not enough hours, understaffed, no room to grow
Don't waste your time
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 1, 2019
Very Poor training
Understaffed
Lazy workers
Made cashier's do everyone's job
Worked Like slaves
They just throw you into your new position without fully training you
Cons
Real fun place to work at. We all got along.
Stocker/cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 30, 2019
I would go back to Bargain Hunt. They are great people to work for. I just left working there because I moved to Washington and there is no Bargain Hunt in Washington.
My Opinion
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 29, 2019
I Loved my job working at Bargain Hunt, Meeting New people and helping the Customers was a great pleasure. I was just tired and Needed more pay to take care of my Family. I have 3 kids to take care of and one on the way. If I had another chance to work their I wouldn't mind as long as the pay meets my bills satisfaction. I have lots of patience and I am a quick learner and easy to get along with
Overworked and underpaid
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 24, 2019
Advancement, money, stability, health care all sucks. Work with great people. Credibility verbally shown but not on raises. Store leads get bonuses but none of headquarters. Overworked and under paid. Every department has their clicks and you wont 9 times out of 10 fit in. All smiles to your face but does everything behind back
Pros
Great people
Cons
Money, healthcare, stability, advancment sucks
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Western hills Cincinnati ohioSeptember 23, 2019
Horrible place to work low payment per hour the company is lost nobody knows what they are doing the store is cluttered and very dirty.. very racist. most of the workers are drug addicts.
Pros
No pros just horrible
Cons
No cons just horrible
Don’t do it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNSeptember 22, 2019
It is not worth it. Keep looking for a job elsewhere. No one cares about anything here. The people are difficult to work with. One of the managers will yell at everyone over really stupid stuff. It’s very repetitive and the job just sucks overall. The pay is bad as well.
Cons
Management is poorly picked!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 20, 2019
Great place to work and grow your retail experience. Watch out for management they don't care who they run over or how to make a buck! Watch your back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bargain Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight