Bargain Hunt

Bargain Hunt Employee Reviews for Associate

It's sad honestly
They will hire people for better pay and not give you a raise. They will act(badly) as if they care about any needs or opinions you have. The company doesn't care about it's employees. And the store lead will "try" to get you a raise. Quickly hire someone for 9/hour and leave you in the dust making 8.50 even if you put blood sweat and tears the months being there. First 10 months I felt apart of a family. Last 2 I felt like I got pushed out
No management most of the time. No direction on job duties during shift. I was the last of the employees to resign at 8 months (16 employees)
This store was unbelievable! 8 supervisors in the 8 months I was there. There was theft from customers, employees and at least one supervisor. The supervisors were not trained as a team leaders and I felt so sorry for them. We were unable to offer customer service as there were 3 employees per shift, one as checkout, one as backup cashier and work the floor and one in back trying to get merchandise out. It was a madhouse. I was disappointed that we were not able to help customers, clean up the store and entrance. I really liked working at the store but being yelled at across the store to do something right now got old.
Pros
I can not think of any other than our discount
Cons
No breaks no job assignments no leadership no benefits
It was a great place to work
It was a great job. Always interesting pretty good management hours was kinda lacking but other then that pretty great job. Laid back but not to the point of not doing anything.
Do not recommend to anyone.
This place is a complete mess! This place is so stressful to work for! Never was enough cashiers during one shift. The management sucks. Most of the time they don’t know what they are doing. I would come in for a shift and had no idea of what sales were going on that day. The managers expected us (me) as a cashier to know what’s going on. We had absolutely no communication going on through each employee there. Definitely don’t recommend anyone. It’s literally the same thing every day .
Pros
None!
Cons
No benefits. Only MANAGERS get full time here!
Not a great place to work at all. Don’t waste your time
Manager is always in a bad mood always nagging constantly complaining about everything you do yelling in front of customers, doesn’t care if you’re actually sick, won’t accept doctors notes and won’t accept days off unless she likes you. Also takes away your lunch if you work through it. it’s just not healthy don’t waste your time I promise you can find something better. It really takes a toll on your mental health. They also don’t pay enough minimum wage is not enough for all of the jobs we have to do and all the pain and customers we deal with. Look somewhere else
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Manager, short lunch, no hours, Little pay, working holidays
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great enviorment
Pretty amazing place to work, wonderful team atmosphere
I learned lots of things from coworkers, no one wants you to fail very helpful.

The management is real friendly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bargain Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight