Barnard College Employee Reviews

Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnard CollegeMay 24, 2018
Good place to work, flexible with student's schedule, nice and fair boss, requires good organization skills, attention to detail matters, professors are very nice.
Pros
Good environment and fair hours
Cons
Pay could be more but it is still okay
Was a wonderful experience
Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
During my time at Barnard there was tremendous leadership. I learned a great deal and was given autonomy to create a strong, enjoyable, flexible, and productive workplace.
Pros
beautiful peaceful office space
Great
Sports Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 4, 2018
Great job experience. This was a great job working with students from both Barnard and Columbia. I wish this was a place that I could stay at forever.
Great college to work for
Associate Director for Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2018
Barnard College was a great place to work. I would have advanced in my career and continued with Barnard if I did not retire! The environment was very nice.
Poor senior management/hostile environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
Barnard is a wonderful college with a great mission and great students, but working there was a very negative experience. While I liked my basic job duties, I had a highly unprofessional supervisor who made the environment hostile. Senior management/VPs should be trained to run their departments more efficiently instead of being allowed to "reorganize" them in order to hide their own administrative errors. HR does little, if anything, to correct these problems. I worked with many talented people, but several of them were frustrated by the actions of poor senior management. That seems to be a part of the culture. The job was made tolerable only because the students are wonderful.

The ongoing construction on Campus is poorly managed. Services are also minimal and skimpy at best.
Pros
Good insurance, great students
Cons
Poor senior management, noisy construction
The management is unprofessional and are extremely prejudice.
Food service worker and utility worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Alot of family works there and people who knew each other before working there so it's alot of favoritism. Management is unprofessional and unorganized.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Alot of favoritism
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant to Provost and Dean of Faculty (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Great benefits. Interesting people and professional environment. A chance to be a part of a dedicated group of professionals working toward a common, positive purpose.
Pros
Good hours, great people, benefits, interesting work.
Cons
Salary.
Good place for a new comer to the culinary field
Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
I enjoyed at Barnard , but at this moment in my life I need more of a career than a job. I work around great and talented people and I wish that I could have stayed and grown with the company.
wonderful place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. Wonderful management and staff. I could not have asked for a better work study job. The environment is very accepting and exciting.
hardworking friendly and Excellent Communications skills
Custodian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
A company where there is growth potential The ability to utilize your skills and become a valuable employee Conduct inventory to ensure adequate stocks of supplies
See rating
Barnard College employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
The college maintains a good work culture for its administrative employees. However, the best positions in the college are the union positions which receive all the perks through collective bargaining. Overall, it's a very good working environment for all.
Very cool and laid back place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
I was an Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of the Purchasing Department. I greeted all guess that came into the office, filed paper work, made copies and entered data into spreadsheets.
Pros
Very comforatble enivorment
Cons
it was temporary
Easy but challenging work.
Transcript Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
It was very nice environment to work in. Working with students and teachers also had its benefits. Opportunities to change positions was also a blessing in which I benefited from.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Have to deal with a lot of stress sometimes.
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
the professionals are all wonderful and take their time to make the work experience an enjoyable and successful one. While some experiences were extremely stressful, they were always rewarding.
Stimulating Work Environment - Opportunity to Work with America's Top Women College Students. Lacks Diversity.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
Exceptional college academically. However, the work environment lacks diversity. Not a very welcoming or supportive environment for employees of color.
Productive and enriching educational experience
Student (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
Overall, I have enjoyed my college experience thus far and am excited to continue my studies as I move into my senior year. I am looking to be employed in Pasadena this coming summer.
I am an alumnae and volunteeer at Barnard
Alumni Admissions Representative (volunteer) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
This has been an excellent experience. I am well-supervised and directed; given equipment I need to fulfill job; and nice work environment. I love speaking with all of the potential students, they are bright, motivated, and from diverse backgrounds.
Fun and Challenging Work Community
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
This is an exciting and wonderful place to work. Each day is filled with opportunities to challenge yourself, do something new and creative, and serve a loving community.
Not fun, very boring.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Not so pleasant. Would be better if people actually spoke to one another. Overall the people are ok but would like a little more interaction
"Missing Daughter" under the auspices of "Unheard Voices," a dramatic project sponsored by the American History Project.
Oral History Interviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved exploring the lives of African American New Yorkers of the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries and putting my research to work in the creation of two well-grounded characters, both based on historical reality. Seeing my vignette performed was a thrill!

Since "Missing Daughter" was a one-shot deal, many of the categories above do not apply to the project.