Barnes & Noble Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 1,208 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOJames Daunt
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenue$1B to $5B (USD)
- IndustryRetail & Wholesale
What would you say about your employer?
I went for the barista job today. The first questions was what books are you reading? Then if I had a YouTube channel, what would it be about? Name a time when you had to take a different approach with a customer, which confused me lol what would you do if was slow? Why should I pick you?
They asked me why I wanted to work there. What situations have you been in where there was a disagreement, how did you solve the disagreement. If you were given a responsibility that you weren't prepared for how would you handle it?
Very simple interview. Asked the basic questions, and did a background check.
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Barnes & Noble?Published on May 24, 2021
- Barnes & Noble