Barnes & Noble Careers and Employment
Work wellbeingResults based on 3,015 responses to Indeed's work wellbeing survey.
HappinessHow enjoyable people find their day-to-day life at work
PurposeHow meaningful people find their work
SatisfactionHow content people feel with the way things are at work
Stress-freeHow manageable people find their work stress
Barnes & Noble is the world’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates over 600 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com. Our Nook Digital business offers a lineup of NOOK® tablets and e-Readers and an expansive collection of digital reading content through the NOOK Store®. Barnes & Noble’s mission is to operate the best omni-channel specialty retail business in A...
Barnes & Noble is the world’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates over 600 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com. Our Nook Digital business offers a lineup of NOOK® tablets and e-Readers and an expansive collection of digital reading content through the NOOK Store®. Barnes & Noble’s mission is to operate the best omni-channel specialty retail business in America, helping both our customers and booksellers reach their aspirations, while being a credit to the communities we serve.
Barnes & Noble is owned by Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited and run by CEO and bookseller James Daunt, who is also Managing Director of Waterstones bookstores in the U.K. and founder and owner of Daunt Books. Barnes & Noble was founded in 1971 by bookseller Leonard Riggio when he acquired the Barnes & Noble trade name and bookstore on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
Please be aware of potential employment scams. Barnes & Noble and its affiliates, including Barnes & Noble Press, will never request money from you or refer you to specific vendors to purchase supplies.
Explore Barnes & Noble
You're seeing Barnes & Noble jobs close to Ashburn, VA.
Salary estimated from 5.2K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Loading and Stocking
Employees at Barnes & Noble have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 306 questions about working at Barnes & Noble. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Barnes & Noble employees.
Insights from 1.8K Indeed users who have interviewed with Barnes & Noble within the last 5 years.
Are you flexible with your work schedule?
Are you flexible with your wor...
I went for the barista job today. The first questions was what books are you reading? Then if I had a YouTube channel, what would it be about? Name a time when you had to take a different approach with a customer, which confused me lol what would you do if was slow? Why should I pick you?
I went for the barista job tod...
They asked me why I wanted to work there. What situations have you been in where there was a disagreement, how did you solve the disagreement. If you were given a responsibility that you weren't prepared for how would you handle it?
They asked me why I wanted to ...
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Barnes & Noble?Published on May 24, 2021