Barnhart Crane & Rigging Employee Reviews

workin with good folks make a great team
oiler /crane oper. (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2018
went hom knowing what come the next day , unless it was emergrancy it was all was somethink new too learn and always a channgle
worked with a bunch of good folks
I enjoyed working at Barnhart Crane and Rigging.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Barnhart Crane and Rigging is a Christian base company. This company allows you to advance. I worked 11 1/2 years in the payroll department. Performed complex and specialized work related to the preparation, processing and maintenance of payroll. Prepared payroll deductions and compute payroll adjustments. Setup direct deposits and benefit deductions. Processed and generated validation reports. Processed and calculated monthly child support and other garnishment payments. Processed monthly labor union reports and submitted payments. Answered and researched inquiries regarding all aspects of payroll.
Pros
Employees
Proactive company that is keen with charity contributions
DIRECTOR, SAFETY & QUALITY (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2018
Good place to work and grow. Contributes well to the community and charitable organizations. Very competitive in the industry. Provides good opportunities to progress within the company.
Pros
Growth, good benefits.
Cons
travel.
WOW I what can I Say
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2018
The wolf in sheep's clothing is a great saying when you talk of Barnhart. Those you who think are great are the ones who will be the first to take you out when they can. The one's who don't are scared of the company because of the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much else
It was a productive workplace
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 16, 2018
It was a nice place to work doing what I love to do operate a crane. They had a good group of people to work for. The equipment was well maintained. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Good management
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed the company
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2018
My workday was approximately ten to twelve hours of welding building material. I enjoyed the teamwork and the fact that everyone maintained their workload to ensure that the tasks were completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was getting the necessary material needed to complete the job. The management was good and fair.
If it helps do it
Operator ,driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
The wind division managers are derogatory to the hands don't treat them fairly have the favorites and give them special privileges which causes conflict within the crews
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Away from home a lot
Great Place To Work
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2018
Barnhart is a great place to work. I have met a lot of very smart people in my time here. It's very motivating to be surrounded by such educated and driven individuals.
Money was great, hours were great
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Great company to work for, money was right and plenty of hours, foreman was good guy to work for, they kept me close to home, would definitely go back,
Not a good place to work
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 5, 2017
Terrible office environment. Corporate management pushed salesmen and engineers to the limit. They had a huge turnover rate due to the style of management
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Bad management
Favortism and dishonesty
Rigging Foreman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2017
The branch manager has no idea what's going on there and all he does is butter up all the upper management and favors whoever kisses his butt. Branch manager and trucking division foreman are so fake!
Senior Leaders focus on religion not loyalty
Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Work is rewarding but Barnhart does not treat their customers fairly. Profit drives everything even to the point of gouging. Some great people work here but there is also quite a bit of in fighting and backstabbing. Learn what you can, get your ticket punched, beef up your resume and move on.
Pros
Work is very exciting, travel
Cons
Dishonest corporate leaders, promotions based on religious beliefs
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Long Hours, great people, Low pay. The hours were completely determined by the weather without regards to how long your day had already been.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Very good moeny to be made. lack of work however
Iron Worker / Wind technician (Current Employee) –  Corning IowaJune 8, 2016
Barnhart takes very good care of their employees. The per diem offered is second to none in my experience and I would definitely recommend them to a close friend or family member
Very mission driven organization
Project Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Assigned to prospect and develop a list of top accounts at the beginning of the year. The amount of focus was dependent upon the current amount of work coming into the local branch. If work slowed down you are required to change focus and find work anywhere you can. This caused a lag in the time it took to penetrate the top accounts. It always felt like you were starting over. I'm thankful for the amount of industry knowledge I was able to obtain.
Pros
Health care
Good Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 19, 2015
Overall good company with good benefits. Always paid on time every week. A growing company with an opportunity to advance.
benefits
Cons
low pay
I'm a hard worker and team player.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MichiganJuly 15, 2015
My experience has allowed me to set my business expectations to a higher level. I am a self starter and a team player. If I cannot find an answer to a problem, I will search and find until the task is complete. Hardest part of any job is dealing with the different personalities in the work place. Problem solving is required and everyone is different. When approaching problems in the work place we have to be proactive instead of burying the problem. I enjoy working and being productive.
Pros
I enjoy working in construction and remaining busy.
Cons
Unreliable people.
Very interesting, diverse group to work for
Quality Assurance/Mechanical Completion Lead (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 4, 2015
I was only employed with this company for a few months. I noticed the management was very relaxed, yet very business oriented. Depending on the job you were assigned to for the specific job site, your coworkers were helpful and entertaining at times.
Exhausting
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  EarthApril 7, 2015
Over worked and under paid. Middle management is pretty rough around the edges. Too much travel. Blatant religion in the work place.
Renewable energy
Outside Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2015
The outside Logistics Manager was responsible for all deliveries and proper storage of construction material on site. Also tracking where the construction materials were used and documenting any mill certs. and batch numbers that may pertain to the project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnhart Crane & Rigging. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight