Barrette Outdoor Living Employee Reviews

productive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 31, 2018
i enjoyed my time while working there, the workers were very helpful and were willing to teach you about what to do and what not to do. the managers however, were not friendly at all.
productive
Q C INSPECTOR/ TOOL CRIB ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 5, 2018
not a climate controlled facility, work over time, work with Hispanics. worked 12 hour shifts either work 4 days off 4 days and other shifts were available also.
Pros
work half the year because of working 4 days of 12 hrs a day and off 4 days
Cons
very hot in summer and very cold in the winter, 12 hr shifts
fast paced with good people to work with
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 5, 2018
fast-paced and the employees felt like family. decently hard work but with a good amount of breaks. and lots of overtime opportunities with time and a half pay
Poor Management.
Purchasing / Recieving clerk (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNSeptember 22, 2018
It is in my experience at Barrette Outdoor Living , for the employees that work the hardest and put everything they have into their current day to day job, are rewarded the least. The slackers and least motivated employees are advanced quicker financially and title wise. The harder you work , the harder you have to work to make up for the individuals who stay involved in Quid Pro Quo to get ahead.
Multicultural Workforce with Good Benefits
UPS Parcels Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNAugust 27, 2018
Being a working mother, it was great to be able to use vacation and paid time off in 2 hour increments, for dental and doctor appointments, etc. This allowed a person the time they needed to fulfill duties as a parent and keep a good attendance record at work. Also, Barrette offered many healthcare benefits, and classes to help with over health and safety of the individual as well as the whole. Continuous Improvement Techs responded to the needs of the workers in a timely manner, making safety a number 1 priority within the company.
Pros
2 hour vacation increments, good health plans
Cons
extemely hot and cold work conditions
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJAugust 20, 2018
Work on the paint line taking off pickets and channels maintenance the area stock good business good workers organization good vibe wit the management and co workers
Very nice environment if people depending on the department
Compound Operator (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working here at Barrette Outdoor Living until about 6 months ago. Our new manager is currently my reason for looking at new employment opportunities.
Pros
My current position I get paid for lunch.
Cons
Management is poor
I Like working at Barrette Outdoor Living.
Floor Lead / Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 13, 2018
I Like working at Barrette Outdoor Living. I been working almost 20 year this my main job. People are Friendly , Train you on diff. jobs / Custom Job come in all the time.
Pros
Always something to
Cons
non
Great Company
Warehouse/Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 13, 2018
make sure everything ships ontime. pallets of wood and aluminum fencing. saftey is first and they are not afraid of spending money for the workers. if this company wasn't relocating i would be staying
Pros
They care about everyone
Cons
relocating
Very easy work and clean
Machince Operator/Assembler Cleaned (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 16, 2018
A typical day on the job was very easy and laid back
I’ve learned to operate machine’s and keep up with my teams production with no mistakes or miscount
Management was great
The hardest part of the job was that flipping the lattice by me being so short
The best part of the job was your own radio and fan at your station and free popsicles, free water and Gatorade
Pros
Free popsicles, and Gatorade
Cons
It can get really hot
Good job
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 13, 2018
Good pay for the area
Work with a lot of great people
Supervisors are awesome
Would definitely come back
Only reason I left was I relocated to another city
Fast paced, high turn over rate
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLApril 6, 2018
After working in this factory for 10 months I have seen the production team come and go multiple times. I am the only one left from my hire group. Employee safety on the factory floor seems to be of little concern, there is little reward system except being given a T-shirt if you get good numbers for the day. Moral is horrible, but the job itself is not hard how ever it is physical.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management
Great
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMarch 4, 2018
Great opportunity for anyone who needs a good job especially if you have no prior skills or degrees. The company is good to work for and the management is so helpful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security
Horrible Job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJFebruary 28, 2018
This is where you gotta go if your actual desperate for anything. The managers are the worst I’ve ever seen at any jobs. They like to get in your face and try to force you to resign ( happend to me and my co-Worker ). HR don’t help you what’s so ever. Sign a union card union 331 ASAP! You’ll regret if you don’t gurranteed
Pros
Pay
Cons
good people and fast paced work environment
Customer Service, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2018
it was a good temporary job to have. the people that worked there were very friendly and the management wasn't bad. not really have chances to move up in company cause it was a temporary job
cool
Floor lead and press operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Didn't like it at all they could do better not enough hours in the off-season not enough training and lack of management skills of the people who were managers
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Overall a great place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNJanuary 10, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Wages are fair and everyone there is great to work with. The company has great insurance. The folks there are very understanding when life gets in the way.
Poor Management
Production (Current Employee) –  Galloway, njJanuary 4, 2018
It used to be a great, family oriented place to work (RDI Railing Dynamics, INC) before it was purchased by Barrette Outdoor Living. It was boasted to the staff that the culture and core values would remain the same as we transitioned into control under Barrette but they did anything but that. The largest issue, in my opinion, is a lack of proper management. The higher ups only look at production numbers and ignore housekeeping/safety/ and employee happiness. The morale of the production floor has declined. A change in management would work wonders for Barrette.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Poor management
moral killer
Department Lead/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township City, NJDecember 19, 2017
Barrette has very good workers but they do not respect the fact that they are people and have lives. Management has a do as I say not as I do culture. There is no leading by example. Was once told that my job was to make my direct supervisors job easier. I dont know about you but many books on business leadership disagree.

Employees get along and they keep up the good moral...
employees have worked there for years without a raise. Not Good

picking position makes $1.50 more than a lead. When something goes wrong lead takes responsibility. picker just picks items leads are basiclly jr supervisors on floor. I resigned for that very reason
Pros
Employees
Cons
Lower Management staff
Good working enviroment
PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Galloway ,NJDecember 12, 2017
Barrette is a good company . Safe place to work at. Management will lisiten to employees. Building a manufacturing culture here at Barrette. Very few manufactures in the area. We have a new gym for the employees to enjoy. Throughout the year Barrette will hold employee appreacation day with free lunches. We have softball teams during the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrette Outdoor Living. Our community is ready to answer.