Barrette Outdoor Living Employee Reviews

PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Decent place to work overall... good benefit package and competitive compensation. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job in a production based setting.
Grat refuge for Ilegal immigrants
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNDecember 30, 2018
Barret does not have EVerify, most hispanics working there are illegal immigrants working with fake illegal documents, or stolen ss#'s and id's from real citizens. But that is ok. Very nice people.
Pros
They hire anyone
Cons
Yeah
Machinist to Forklift driver
Machine Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNDecember 10, 2018
Moved; therefore I needed a closer location to work. Great place to work. Adequate training for the jobs. People were helpful. Only problem is the heat in the summer.
Trabajo divertido
Ensamblaje de verjas de aluminio (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJNovember 26, 2018
Es un buen lugar para trabajar en equipo, la mayoria de los empleados son hispanos y se convierten en familia.. Los supervisores son muy buenos y responsables. En tiempo de calor es muy caliente y en tiempo de frio es muy dificil ya que no hay calefaccion...
Pros
Trabajo en equipo
Cons
Breaks cortos, mala administracion
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2018
I liked working at barrette only because it is diverse, close to home, and being cross trained. Sadly after about half of the year in I found the workplace to be filled with drama and most ( not all) coworkers try to take advantage of the people who actually do work. overall it is a good place to start making money and build skills but I wouldn't recommend staying long. The work is easy but the people are stressful.
Pros
They are sometimes compassionate. Free popcorn Fridays. Cross training
Cons
After being compassionate, they use it against you. Great workers are taken for granted
productive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 31, 2018
i enjoyed my time while working there, the workers were very helpful and were willing to teach you about what to do and what not to do. the managers however, were not friendly at all.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 12, 2018
It was a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. It has good management and you can work a lot of overtime. The people that work there are laid back. It’s a good place to work overall.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
productive
Q C INSPECTOR/ TOOL CRIB ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 5, 2018
not a climate controlled facility, work over time, work with Hispanics. worked 12 hour shifts either work 4 days off 4 days and other shifts were available also.
Pros
work half the year because of working 4 days of 12 hrs a day and off 4 days
Cons
very hot in summer and very cold in the winter, 12 hr shifts
fast paced with good people to work with
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 5, 2018
fast-paced and the employees felt like family. decently hard work but with a good amount of breaks. and lots of overtime opportunities with time and a half pay
Poor Management.
Purchasing / Recieving clerk (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNSeptember 22, 2018
It is in my experience at Barrette Outdoor Living , for the employees that work the hardest and put everything they have into their current day to day job, are rewarded the least. The slackers and least motivated employees are advanced quicker financially and title wise. The harder you work , the harder you have to work to make up for the individuals who stay involved in Quid Pro Quo to get ahead.

Want to know more about Barrette Outdoor Living?

Ask a question
Multicultural Workforce with Good Benefits
UPS Parcels Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNAugust 27, 2018
Being a working mother, it was great to be able to use vacation and paid time off in 2 hour increments, for dental and doctor appointments, etc. This allowed a person the time they needed to fulfill duties as a parent and keep a good attendance record at work. Also, Barrette offered many healthcare benefits, and classes to help with over health and safety of the individual as well as the whole. Continuous Improvement Techs responded to the needs of the workers in a timely manner, making safety a number 1 priority within the company.
Pros
2 hour vacation increments, good health plans
Cons
extemely hot and cold work conditions
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJAugust 20, 2018
Work on the paint line taking off pickets and channels maintenance the area stock good business good workers organization good vibe wit the management and co workers
Very nice environment if people depending on the department
Compound Operator (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working here at Barrette Outdoor Living until about 6 months ago. Our new manager is currently my reason for looking at new employment opportunities.
Pros
My current position I get paid for lunch.
Cons
Management is poor
I Like working at Barrette Outdoor Living.
Floor Lead / Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 13, 2018
I Like working at Barrette Outdoor Living. I been working almost 20 year this my main job. People are Friendly , Train you on diff. jobs / Custom Job come in all the time.
Pros
Always something to
Cons
non
Great Company
Warehouse/Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 13, 2018
make sure everything ships ontime. pallets of wood and aluminum fencing. saftey is first and they are not afraid of spending money for the workers. if this company wasn't relocating i would be staying
Pros
They care about everyone
Cons
relocating
Very easy work and clean
Machince Operator/Assembler Cleaned (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 16, 2018
A typical day on the job was very easy and laid back
I’ve learned to operate machine’s and keep up with my teams production with no mistakes or miscount
Management was great
The hardest part of the job was that flipping the lattice by me being so short
The best part of the job was your own radio and fan at your station and free popsicles, free water and Gatorade
Pros
Free popsicles, and Gatorade
Cons
It can get really hot
Good job
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 13, 2018
Good pay for the area
Work with a lot of great people
Supervisors are awesome
Would definitely come back
Only reason I left was I relocated to another city
Hard Work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJMay 16, 2018
Hard Work Ever Day Very Good Management Load And Unload Trucks a Great Job Fun Team Work 401k The Weekend off Good Paid The Hard Part is 5:00am To 2:30pm Great Job
Fast paced, high turn over rate
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLApril 6, 2018
After working in this factory for 10 months I have seen the production team come and go multiple times. I am the only one left from my hire group. Employee safety on the factory floor seems to be of little concern, there is little reward system except being given a T-shirt if you get good numbers for the day. Moral is horrible, but the job itself is not hard how ever it is physical.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 7, 2018
Very productive and keeps you busy through out your shifts. Sometimes you're also so busy at times, your work day seems to come and go pretty fast. I would do it again if I still lived in the area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrette Outdoor Living. Our community is ready to answer.