Barry-Wehmiller International Employee Reviews

It was a good learning experience with nice, welcoming, and instructive people
Engineering Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 21, 2018
I was the first intern at the locations, so there was no established program for interns. My manager assigned me tasks to get more familiar with P&IDs and how the company operated. They provided me with opportunities to learn more about the industry, working with contractors, and what goes into visiting a site. Overall, while there was not much happening that summer, I learned a lot and gained valuable skills and experience.
Low compensation and heavy workload
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 13, 2018
Constant travel, overtime, and weekend work is demanded. Compensation and especially benefits are kept low. Only 10 days of vacation/year with no hope for more until you've been with the company for 7 years.

Projects often last several months which means little time at home and 50-60+ hour work weeks every week which is required to get any sort of bonus. Comp-time is not really a thing. Hundreds of hours of overtime won't get you any additional time of.

The only benefit is job security. Compensation is so low compared to other companies that DG can afford to keep everyone around. They'll just work you to the bone.
Pros
Job security, Per Diem
Cons
No time at home, poor benefits
Very good company
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2018
Good company to work for, I really enjoyed my time there at the company. The CEO has created a good work balance culture which most employees seem to really enjoy
Could be a good place to work with good management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ILJuly 24, 2018
Very poor management. No room for advancement. Company preaches culture does not practice it. Singles people out, does not follow through with what they say. Management ignores serious problems. They do not value their employees, management lies about staff. They say they value family, they could care less! Team leaders bad mouthing employees behind their backs. Management shows no respect to employees and only looks out for themselves.
Company Stability
Electrical Controls Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
The company does a good job of maintaining existing and attracting new business. There are frequent success stories of projects that are active or just completed and for upcoming projects.
Management easy to work with
Project Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2018
Good organization to work for from an Engineering standpoint. Management was very easy to work with. Onsite at client facilities most of the time and very little office time.
Outstanding work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Perhaps one of the best and well organized company I ever work for.
The company has one of the best compensation package I have ever seeing, the management tam was awesome.
Pros
Professional group to work with
Cons
Productive and on time delivery of projects
CAD Designer (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 8, 2018
Productive and on time delivery of projects and other assignments. Very friendly, fun and safe environment to work.
That is why I go back every time they call me.
Bwdg
Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 23, 2018
100% travel and total customer focus comes first. Employee is not considered in grand scheme as customer is always 1st priority. Travel is easily 100%.
Pros
salary
Cons
travel
Fairly typical A&E firm
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2018
Pros:
Varied job environment - not centered necessarily to any one industry segment.

Cons:
Poor communication and planning on the part of the company leads to lack of ability for the employee to plan out their home life. Advancement doesn't seem to be planned but rather tied to network.
Interesting
Job Title (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2018
People are wonderful, cutting edge technology and freedom to leverage proven skillsets. Great company to work for, especially with a humble nature and the willingness to succeed through perseverance and thirst for knowledge.
Pros
Great people, cutting edge technology (within most of IT), freedom to expand if you prove your skillsets, fluid and flexible teams
Cons
No training, I had to seek and pay for most of my own, Benefits cost is insane, salaries well under skillset and market value, but you find a kind of peace so it offsets what you miss in your paycheck
awesome company
Sales Applications (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 29, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Easy to get along with management, and they give you all the training you need to do the job. Great company. Great people work here as well.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2018
Barry Wehmiller was very structured and professional. I truly enjoyed working my temporary assignment at this job. I would gladly return to a similar position.
productive
Electrician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
I learned a lot of controls from this company. I traveled with this company as well. it was very educational to work there. the best part of the job was installing the electrical devices.
Very friendly atmosphere to work in
Sr. Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  North East US, RemoteFebruary 15, 2018
People centric culture with good balance of work and life. Provides friendly environment to grow and build career. Corporate do care about its employee at all level.
Great Company, Poor Management
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2018
Was part of Barry-Wehmiller Inc., which had a great people first culture. Unfortunately, our business unit was taken over by Management with no vision and Nepotism.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Nice place to work, good employees
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 30, 2018
A lot of the employees have been with the company for many years. Nice people to work with. I worked there for almost 19 years and for the most part enjoyed the job. Fair compensation and benefits.
Good company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 6, 2017
Love the company's people centered culture. It is s good company to work for if you are in a few years out of college to gain lots of experience in various areas of engineering in a short time. The job does require lots of travel all year long. The consulting field requires sometimes to work long weekends and long days.
Very welcoming place.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 16, 2017
The culture was very friendly but a the work force is definitely an "older crowd". Perhaps not the best place for a young entry-level engineer starting out.
Very good life work balance
Sr Payroll Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2017
For the first time in a long time, I am going home by 5 pm almost every day. That is awesome. I appreciate that BW recognizes employees have responsibilities outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barry-Wehmiller International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about