Barry University Employee Reviews

Great for working individuals with families
Admissions Coordinator/ Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2019
Great benefits, work like balance is good. plenty of sick time. It is difficult to progress upward in the company if you are a staff member. More likely to hire outside the company rather than promote from within
Pros
benefits, work life balance
Cons
company culture
Reading and math coach K (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Love working for the administrative coordinator. She was very helpful. Always supportive and willing to help. Each day was a new day to learn important information about the company and position.
Great environment for students to understanding how your school system works
Student Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Taught me a lot from the coworkers I had, they allowed me to do so many things that will lead to a better and brighter future for myself. This job gives the perfect balance between work and enjoyment
Fun workplace , educated managers,
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I feel that barry university offers a very good verity if work study jobs for students such as myself . In terms of work study in which I currently work as they offer a very flexible time scheduling to better help the students and not hinder them from education
Pros
Close to school and easy scheduling to help for class times
A typical day at work
Theatre technician (Current Employee) –  Broad AuditoriumDecember 28, 2018
On a typical day we would build sets for the up coming performance and shows. we would plan and design sets and work on different things such as lighting and props.
Depends
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLNovember 18, 2018
Prep was easy, set up and serve enjoyable. Type of workers are not well educated to do this job. Professional cooks should be hired. Chefs were great. Most staff members were team players. The few who were not did not like taking orders and should have been let go.

Professional chef for catering was great to work with Management has now changed so I have no idea what it's like now but the pay is lousy for those of us who have gone to school to do this. It's like a slap in the face.
Pros
Can be fun easy preps and service
Cons
Need chefs who can control staff that has no training This is not high school
Great, Fun
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work at the Barry University fitness center is great and relaxing just do what they asked you to and handle your business. Such as clean up your zone that they assign to each individual that comes into the different shift. in fact, as for as management goes they very nice and understandable.
Productive and fun
Admin Assistant III, School of Social Work (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
Because it is an University, seminars, workshops and a class to take for an opportunity to learn something of interest.
Great benefits but low salary.
Good
Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2018
Good place to work at with good people to work with. Caring staff who support you and genuinely care for your growth and development. Culture is pretty set in stone, so do not try to come here to make huge changes at once.
Work
electricity, painter, carpenter, and welder (Former Employee) –  miami shoresOctober 18, 2018
Was good place but I will like to work directly with them directly

fortunately I work for private sector on that time

Private sector paid less money them others

Thanks
Pros
enviroment nice
Cons
vacation time and sick
Events Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Barry University is a great place to work for young professionals looking for a good entry level position during enrollment and shortly after graduation.

However the job promotions are few and far between
Great Place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This is a great place to work .which allow you to work on your own pace . Gym can be used . There is only one thing not good is they don't pay much. salary is not according with work on other Places.
Excellent benefits and Work environment
Senior Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Barry is a fantastic place for work, people and culture are great and they truly care for their students.
The benefits as well as paid time off are phenomenal
Friendly Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLSeptember 6, 2018
A typical day at work starts with tickets students or faculty may have submitted. Tickets include fixing a faulty device, installing programs, or asking for device replacements. Once tickets are complete, you work on other tasks such as wiping hard drives and taking inventory.
Pros
You get to learn hands-on. On days with nothing to do, a student could work on homework or study for their classes.
Cons
Someone has to buzz you in, and there isn’t always someone available.
Sorting out all the stuff
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2018
Going through tickets, answering phones. Man I was slaving to the grind all day. What a fun place to work. My boss was great and I had a lot of fun at that place.
Barry University
Lecturer of Education-Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLAugust 28, 2018
My experience with Barry University was very limited given that I was a part time employee. The time I spent there was very positive and the faculty was very supportive.
Pros
Community
Cons
Part Time Employment
Most Rewarding Job of My Career
DIRECTOR OF ELDER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
I had a great Female Dean and female Associate Dean who were super intelligent, supported my ideas and challenged my creative spirit. I view both of them as mentors and will always treasure them as bosses.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Incredible Benefits!
Cons
Main Campus is in a Crime-Ridden Area of Miami.
Great Educational Experience. Well rounded field work, and many resources, with good staff.
Graduate Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 17, 2018
The experience at Barry was as a student. The staff was patient, based on professional
standards. The environment was personable and able to meet the needs of the students.
The programs helps to serve the working students with family and full time jobs.
The clinical orientation is tailored to provide a complete and extensive exposure to varied
views and critical aspects based on theories and new modalities to enhance the training during Field practice and classroom time. This is a great Social Work environment,
administered by a Teaching Staff with varied backgrounds and solid Educational experiences.
Pros
The many field experiences, comprehensive community assets and resources.
Cons
Limited supply in lab. in satellite centers.
Good Experience
College Basketball Player (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33161August 8, 2018
Enjoyed the year of playing at a collegiate level
Helped me meet people and work on my social skills.
I learned how to be committed to a team (players and staff) and to treat them with utmost respect
Responsibilties
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLAugust 1, 2018
Responsible for oversight of enrollment management at one or more sites or PODs within one county
Supervise Administrative Assistants and Advisor/Recruiter at the site
Responsible for enrollment management, coordinating with the Recruitment team
Responsible for managing facilities and working collaborative with the Business Process Unit
Responsible for assisting Academic Coordinator in the selection of adjunct faculty, processing of HR paperwork, and orienting new adjuncts
Work closely with recruitment personnel to seek and create partnerships with local entities – both corporate and municipal in an effort to increase enrollments