bartaco Employee Reviews

fun place to work with great team building experience
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 13, 2019
Bartaco is an amazing place to work at. The best part about the job is all the great people you meet while working there from management to the rest of the coworkers.
Great environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Inman Park, GAFebruary 28, 2019
The bar taco environment made it worth working there The guest the core values etc.....
Management changed a few times but it’s nice to meet new people and learn come them
Excellent place to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
Bartaco is an up and coming company, with great opportunities for advancement and compensation. I would most definitely recomend working for Bartaco to anyone.
don't even bother wasting your time here
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2019
first off they expect you to learn way too much in like 3 days. if you don't learn it all management will come after you like crazy. the uniform policy is ridiculous too. they expect you to buy your own uniform as well as 57 dollar shoes. The management will treat you like a child if you even get one thing wrong. one of the kitchen managers will treat you like you don't know anything as well. the tips are okay but they will cut your hours a lot. not to mention some of the crew is very rude for no reason. long story short this job isn't worth your time.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours rude management and coworkers
productive and fun place with a big patio
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Bar taco its a really good place to work the ambience its really great and the menu its easy to learn, food and drinks are really great. Summers are busy
A fun atmosphere
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJanuary 29, 2019
It was a fun place to work but seemed to have gone down hill at the Homewood location. Was a great and popular place when it opened but the longer we were open the more it seemed to have gone down hill...
Pros
50% off food / laid back
Cons
30% tip out
Awesome environment and great managers/employees
Restaurant Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Bartaco has a fu environment that allows customers to feel like they are in Cape Cod. Our managers are incredible and are very understanding but also very helpful!
Workers treated as family
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 21, 2019
Management had a few issues but it was a pleasure to show up every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet great coworkers and the freshness of the restaurant.
Fun place to work, definitely busy but a positive working environment.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJanuary 2, 2019
I would definitely recommend someone to work at bartaco. It’s a fun environment with a very positive work environment. The managers are very understanding and enjoyable people to work with.
Worst company
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 6, 2018
Terrible compnay. Lies about giving hours. Says I am still working there but does not give me any hours or anything.or does not reach out to give me any information. Do not recommend working for this company. they also paid me less then others doing the same job as I = amount of work I also was doing because I was of younger age. I should take this court...
Cons

Want to know more about bartaco?

Ask a question
Ambiente tenso, estrés total
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2018
En el momento de la entrevista te ofrecen villas y castillas, pero al tener una semana nada era cierto, no dan horas suficientes pero en un día haces 13 horas cuando te necesitan y esas horas de trabajo sin comer, sin break, cuando no tienen horas te corren de manera poco profesional, te presionan, es el peor trabajo que he tenido en este país. Muchos empleados se van rápido, eso lo pueden ver los administradores, pero no buscan la causa.
Pros
Nada
Cons
No comida, No break, no horas.
My co workers are amazing to to work with .
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2018
It’s a nice place to work. Good clientele. Sometimes you do have those slow days where you won’t make money. It’s more of a summer restaurant. But you can make money. Dinners are usually busier than lunch
Pros
Don’t open til 11am. Discounts at multiple restaurants
Cons
Tip out is high
Waste of time
Server suport (Former Employee) –  BoulderNovember 15, 2018
Waste of time training for an experienced server/bartender. Management makes you feel incompetent, management hindering your job and learning experience.
Pros
Sample tacos in training
Cons
Pay, enviornment, insufficient trainers having no answers to basic menu questions and leading a negative example, minors eating at the expo line, servers throwing dishes at you while you unload bus tubs.
Poor Management & Poor Human Resources
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYNovember 13, 2018
The company frequently broke child labor laws while I was employed there. I personally was sexually harassed by management on a daily basis and I tried reporting this to the HR department on many occasions. Additionally, one manager was selling drugs to employees. First, HR stopped answering my emails and then notified me they couldn't validate my claims due to lack of reports against management. However, I provided sufficient evidence to validate my claims.
Great team oriented work environment
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTNovember 5, 2018
Bartaco provides a great working experience as a server. Everyone's invested in the customers experience, which results in a team oriented environment. The managers are great and always helpful.
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
Long Hours
great envoironment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
The people that i worked with were great and most of them were hard working. Had a great time getting to travel and train different people opening new resturants.
Pros
good pay, good music, decent hours
Cons
poor managment, lack of advancement
Fun place to work at
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYOctober 6, 2018
Workplace was okay, there was always something to look forward to every day, only because it was busy everyday of the week. I was a food runner and it was very stressful only cause there was a lot of running.
Avoid nashville location
Server (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 3, 2018
the most pretentious management and colleagues ive ever worked with. They only hire you if you have a certain "look". Everyone especially management are completely full of themselves. The staff is incredibly clique, and will exclude newcomers for no reason at all. In order to advance in this company they are so contingent upon your "personality" being as vibrant and flamboyant as possible. you end up walking around with a fake botox looking smile for 12 hours a day making a clown of yourself just so management will like you. . WHAT THEY DO NOT TELL YOU IS EVERYONE WILL HAVE TO WORK AS SUPPORT STAFF BEFORE YOU BECOME A SERVER. Mind you I stepped into this company with a resume that showed over 3 years serving experience. Some people get promoted after 2 weeks even if they have no experience while i met people during my time at the Nashville location who had been there nearly two years working as a food runner while watching cute little blonde girls come in there, barely lift a finger for a week, schmooze and flirt with bosses and boom ...just...like that... they were promoted. BEWARE AS A SUPPORT STAFF THEY WILL TAKE COMPLETE ADVANTAGE OF YOU. YOU WILL WORK 12+ HOUR DAYS ONLY TO WAKE UP TO A MERE $60 TIP OUT. You'll then politely ask when you might be promoted to server only to have your manager pamper you with some puff piece nice words about "things you have to work on" while giving you absolutely zero estimate of when you can expect to be promoted. Basically whatever he needs to tell you to keep you hopeful simply so you'll stick around a couple more months and pick up trashy  more... shifts cleaning up after his servers.  less
Pros
cool patio, Pretty Clientele, Will look good on your resume
Cons
Pay, Unfair Treatment, Hours, Management
Lies & Deceit
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2018
management is definitely not where it needs to be, they can never get a truck on time, and they will lie to you about pay increases, Benefits and raises. Also the dishwashers get paid more then line cooks
Pros
Cons
No advancement
good vibes
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
always good vibes from the staff maybe not always the management. it was fun working with young people and good music serving craft cocktails and tacos.
Pros
vibes
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bartaco. Our community is ready to answer.