Bartlett Regional Hospital Employee Reviews in Juneau, AK

Very caring community hospital.
Manager Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKJune 17, 2019
Leads the community in providing adequate healthcare. Very team oriented. Focused on improving quality of care and satisfaction of employees. Would recommend.
excellent opportunity
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKMarch 13, 2019
The days here at Bartlett hospital can vary greatly from day to day. We are a regional facility, so we take care of a lot of smaller communities emergent health needs as well. As a Respiratory Therapist here, our skills and knowledge are used in a variety of tasks each day. I can go from being in a code, to a birth with a distressed baby, to managing a ventilator in just a matter of hours or minutes. And yes, some days are slow, but there are always things to do. This job requires me to be able to use my time management skills, ability to prioritize, and all of my knowledge I gained during my professional life to provide the best care for our patients. My favorite thing about this job is really being one of the team; our specialized skills and knowledge give us the ability to have a voice in the management of our patients. The doctors listen to our suggestions and are open and willing to come to us to help provide ideas or other alternative options for our patients. Juneau is a great place to live, and a great place to raise a family, as long as you like the outdoors and don't mind the rain. The hospital has amazing benefits and great PTO.
Great team work
Mental /Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKJune 20, 2018
I have learned so much at Bartlett. It is a wonderful place to work.Coworkers and Managers and Directors are extremely helpful in making new employees feel comfortable in their new roles.
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKJune 2, 2018
It's either slow or fast paced during work hours. Learned different types of medical terms, insurance, gained more people skills, and more knowledge of how the medical field operates.
Stressful at times, but also interesting.
Medical technologist retired (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKMarch 8, 2018
Excellent pay and benefits.Could be. Very stressful at times.
Learned to be proficient in most areas of the lab.
Hardest part of the job was shift work -had to work all shifts, sometimes within a one week time period.
The culture was pretty good for the most part, but some long-term employees ruled.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Stressful
Normal day
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKOctober 17, 2017
Probably about 5 births and only 2 ventilators. But since there was no pulmonologist I had to act like the dr and make the settings on the ventilators and o2 levels what meds to use for breathing tx, etc
Great local hospital
House Supervisor, Nursing (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKSeptember 18, 2016
Attentive and skillful staff that care deeply about their community and it's population. As Southeast Alaska's only regional hospital, the hospital sees a diverse patient population. We work closely with local provider's to ensure timely care.
Great work place
Physician Biller II (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKJuly 13, 2016
Very fast paced. Friendly and positive environment. Great benefits. Good retirement options. Good pay. Great management. I loved working for Bartlett.
n/a
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKDecember 7, 2015
Enjoyed working with the people who worked in all departments of the hospital. Enjoyed the one on one interaction with the patients in the community
Working at Bartlett has had some huge ups and downs.
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKSeptember 24, 2014
When I started working at Bartlett, there were 3 IT staff. Including me. At first it was great. New job, new opportunities.

Shortly after I started it turned weird. I felt a target was on my back. It did change for the better after the manager was replaced.

The job itself is why I am still here. I enjoy helping people do their jobs. The current IT staff is great. Although there are some issues with favoritism, overall it is great.
Pros
Pay is decent. Healthcare is great. flexible job hours.
Cons
atmosphere of favoritism, minor