Bartlett Regional Hospital Employee Review

View all Bartlett Regional Hospital reviews

Think carefully before applying
BHA-EMT (Former Employee) –  RRCApril 12, 2019
When coming to Bartlett I had high hopes of working with local hospital and doing what I could to help as I could. The issue here is this place is a joke and that is dangerous for a hospital.

Listen there are some great workers and staff but there is a darker part of working with this company. Like I am learning about the medical field everything is clique here or clique there and f you not in one you s.o.l. Everyone just has to "hangout" and "know whats up" or else they start getting judgemental towards you. Never mind you doing your job correctly, if you not talking and giving something for people to "gossip" or use against you later than you are a liability.

Before we get to the biggest issue which is patient treatment I gotta stress something else for someone looking to work with this entity. There is levels to this here. Board members are at the top along with Doctors and you are below all of that. Next up are Nurses and counselors after that are the Mangers. BHA's, CNA's and EMT's you guys are the bottom feeders and are only respected if you are attached to someone. If not you are the "Hey guys" group. What I mean by that is "Hey guys how's it going? Yeah, uh huh, OK, cool. *gathers things and keep it moving* or Proceeds to ask you for something or information and leaves you all in this "Oh [insert name] is so nice." while they joke on you are end up playing the hand in getting you guys fired to get their friends in your place . This place is a drama house.

Now when it comes to patient care this part can be easy as long as you understand that you are dealing
  more... with people who are going through something and just need you to do your job or just take the time to listen. There will be days that patients will be over bearing and I always suggest that you take them on by just listening. Some are just angry and that is just who they are. Unless you are a therapist your job is to be understanding to them but have your limit and let them know if something is being taken too far. Sometimes your patient will not be your issue as a matter of fact they won't be most times but staff will be. Most staff have years in and place their patients in these sub groups and depending on where you land they will treat them unfairly or limit their assistants causing you to pick up an extra work load until you burn out and submit to their form of thinking further causing angry patients and families questioning the hospitals legitimacy.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who are there to make a change but to be honest they are far a few between. The ER are people just trying to get their clinicals and sending the Drunks to jail for the giggles. Speaking of drunks. If you choose to work on the sliver bullet and you have some sort of dignity it will become you being the barrier between two dynamic worlds. Abusive staff members and abusive patients. You will be the barrier between doing your job and standing by the creed and having your peers tell you "I refuse to help [insert name] because [insert excuse to do their job] " when there is no real issue to not help. Patients can be removed if they get out of hand but staff cannot and BRH is full of it and you best be quiet about it or you will be seen out.
Pros
Pay, benefits, resources
Cons
intentional shorthanded departments, egos, see above

Other Bartlett Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

excellent opportunity
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKMarch 13, 2019
The days here at Bartlett hospital can vary greatly from day to day. We are a regional facility, so we take care of a lot of smaller communities emergent health needs as well. As a Respiratory Therapist here, our skills and knowledge are used in a variety of tasks each day. I can go from being in a code, to a birth with a distressed baby, to managing a ventilator in just a matter of hours or minutes. And yes, some days are slow, but there are always things to do. This job requires me to be able to use my time management skills, ability to prioritize, and all of my knowledge I gained during my professional life to provide the best care for our patients. My favorite thing about this job is really being one of the team; our specialized skills and knowledge give us the ability to have a voice in the management of our patients. The doctors listen to our suggestions and are open and willing to come to us to help provide ideas or other alternative options for our patients. Juneau is a great place to live, and a great place to raise a family, as long as you like the outdoors and don't mind the rain. The hospital has amazing benefits and great PTO.
Great team work
Mental /Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKJune 20, 2018
I have learned so much at Bartlett. It is a wonderful place to work.Coworkers and Managers and Directors are extremely helpful in making new employees feel comfortable in their new roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bartlett Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4