Bartlett Tree Experts Employee Reviews

Fun job but Shady Upper Management
Grounds Person/Tree Climber (Former Employee) –  White Stone, VAOctober 10, 2018
I Really liked that job it was very fun and I loved working there. I was let go without warning on the other hand was wasn't even allowed out of my vehicle or into the building even though I drove over an hour everyday to get there.
Overall a busy but rewarding job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDSeptember 19, 2018
This office is no joke. With an average of over 3.5 million in total sales a fiscal year it was very busy. The people i worked with were enjoyable, the direct management was understanding and patient. The most trouble i had was the lack of time to complete the tasks Corporate asked of us as well as completing the regular daily tasks in addition to "putting out fires" as we called it.
Pros
Close knit family of employees, rewarding personally
Cons
Very busy, Can be very stressful depending on the season
Love working at Bartlett Tree Experts
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 15, 2018
The people here are just amazing to work for. I have had many jobs over the years and this by far is the best! There is always help if you need it and the management is just above and beyond! I will most definitely be staying until I retire! I have never felt so appreciated as I do here.
Pros
Great management, relaxed atmosphere, Great pay and benefits
Cons
El ambiente laboral no es bueno.
Tree Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 14, 2018
En mi experiencia esta empresa carece de comunicaciĆ³n entre jefes y empleados puesto que toman decisiones sin revisar las diversas versiones cuando se exparse un rumor.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Solo dos semanas de hospedaje
Great learning place
Tree Climber (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 25, 2018
Normal days at work included many job in a day
Very fast paced work place
Very educational learned many things
Traveled many placed sith this company.
Many opportunities at this company
Pros
New gadgets
Cons
No spike climbing
Not a good place for females to work. They are not treated fairly or equally and mostly looked down upon.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 18, 2018
Females at this company are not treated as equals. It is a very 1950's mentality despite what they preach. Issues are not resolved by local managers or higher ups when complaints are made. They placate and act as if they want to resolve things but there is never any follow through and things are left unresolved. There is also a great deal of favoritism that takes places.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fast-paced, fun place to work
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 25, 2018
Bartlett Tree Experts is a great place to work because they put the employees' safety above all else. We like working together and treat each other like family. Bartlett operates with the utmost professionalism too.
Stressful too much workload not enough employees poorly managed company policy usually not followed
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 15, 2018
You need to get in super early before the phones start. Major customer service with huge daily complaints. Extremely hard to get to all the other responsibilities because so much time is spent trying to calm down irate customers with no help from upper management.
Pros
You learn alot because this huge company is run like a mom and pop operation at the local level.
Cons
Stressed out all day, lack of communication, you need to work too many hours just to try to stay afloat!!!
Poor leadership, treating employees poorly
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2018
Expect to be written up for following instructions and written up for something that was never explained, managers at Bartlett treat employees as jokes and have no respect for the hardest workers. Overtime is expected here and when you cannot work a full 10-12 hour day they let you go. Also being hit from branches from above by uncertified climbers almost on a daily basis is part of this job. So expect to bust your butt for nothing in return.
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, no respect for employees, harsh attitudes.
productive and fun place to work
Tree Trimmer and pruner (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJanuary 18, 2018
very morning we had a safety meeting before leaving the shop. letting us know that our life is more important then the job. i learned how to work with other co worker because we need each other in this line of work. respect every suggestion in order to get the job done safely. it is a very physical work but i enjoy working outdoors.
Spray Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Bartlett is a great company, they seem to care alof about their employes and I didnt feel hate going to work every day. They also give you many chances to grow.
its so fun
Plant Health Care Technician/ Tree Climber (Current Employee) –  McDonald, PADecember 16, 2017
its a really great place.
you work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and wealthy landscapes full of beautiful plant material.
yove had the rest now try the best
good safety culture
Arborist (Former Employee) –  MANovember 19, 2017
good safety culture with decent pay. tough work in all the elements but the jobs are fun. opportunities to travel for storm response. great benefits, this is the best part of the job, solid benefit package!
management
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Marshall, VAOctober 26, 2017
Management needs some serious help. A lot of cut throat going on within the reps and manger. Other than that the job itself is not bad you can make good money if youre willing to get your cdl,spray license. But its very fast paced but truly relies on the rep and how he adds up labor hours drive time etc
Seasonal Office Help
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
I occasionally helped out around the office and I always loved being there. All of the people there were easy to talk to, the culture of the company seemed very easy-going while still producing quality work.
Hard work with great pay
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 17, 2017
If you like to work hard and take pride in your work, this company is for you. It is challenging and exciting with changing situations everyday. You will have to get out of your comfort zone to be successful with this company.
Enjoyed working for Bartlett
Arborist Climber (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 13, 2017
While the work isn't for everyone, it is a great career for anyone who enjoys working with their hands and outdoors. I was able to learn how to climb, operate a bucket truck, use a chainsaw, identify trees and shrubs, and picked up technical rigging skills. Bartlett also payed for me to get my CDL and Pesticide License.
Pros
Outdoors, training, career
Cons
Working in cold weather
Hard work with a safe culture
Arborist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
Physically demanding manual labor with adequate compensation will make you prove your worth before advancement and bonuses are available. PTO available after one year, decent medical benefits, and savings plans to help you budget your paycheck.
Managers are ready to assist with anything you may need, and always have work to be done.
Pros
positive culture
Cons
long hours, pay was not high enough
Company is stuck in the 70s
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elsmere, DESeptember 2, 2017
Computer programs are outdated; management has no respect for females in the office. Job description when hired was very customer service oriented yet actual position was approximately 80% computer data processing.
Most professional tree care company
Ground Person (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2017
Bartlett has unlimited resources for training and professional development. I didn't realize until I started working at Bartlett, that they really are a standout company compared to the other big players in the industry.

You get out what you put in. Management wants to help you succeed if you are willing to put in the work.
Pros
Work outdoors, physical labor, caring for trees
Cons
Inconsistent hours, work in cold and hot weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bartlett Tree Experts. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about