Barton Associates Employee Reviews

Great management, support, compensation, but their moral compass can be a little off.
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2018
The management was amazing and the office manager was the best manager I have ever had. I didn't like how they encourage some shady practices however meaning - acting like a patient, but not saying you're a patient in order to attain providers from facilities that use locum tenens often; it didn't sit well with me.
Pros
Management, 5 day work week, compensation
Cons
Morals
Young work environment but limited job security
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2018
Barton is very much a young environment and management is pretty relaxed until they aren’t. Production plans can get sprung on you pretty quick with very minimal time to reach them resulting in getting fired or being strongly encouraged to quit. The turn over rate is rough and makes the day to day grind hard to stay motivated when you’re worried you might be next to be fired. And the hours are ridiculously long, 50 hours a week are spent in that office.
Lies, lies and more lies!!!
NP (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 25, 2018
This organization behaves more like an organized crime ring than an agency. LIES to employers, LIES to clinicians, LIES to its own recruiting staff! NO..JUST SAY NO! Not, "No thanks, not interested"...just..."NO!".
Pros
Cons
Ex Cons, or certainly soon to be, given recruiters and other staff behavior.
Run as fast as you can
Provider (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2018
This is the most hostile work environment.

This organization only cares about one thing and that is money.

Money is the root of all evil.

Barton Associates is evil.

Furthermore, they didn't pay me for overtime worked. I was consistently underpaid by a few hours here and there and it adds up, believe me.
Pros
Cons
screwed me on my paycheck too many times
October 23, 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We don't typically have issues with our providers being paid so I'd like to investigate this We have a standard process for time card approvals and payment processing. If someone is not paid the proper amount or on time, it is typically because a time sheet was not signed or charts were not completed by the provider. If you reach out to me directly and share your information I'll investigate the issue and make sure all appropriate managers are aware.

aashcraft@bartonassociates.com

friendly and professional workplace
Associate Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 29, 2018
Barton associates is a professional environment with friendly people willing to help the team succeed. you attend morning meetings every day to go over the overall outlook for the day.
Run Like The Wind
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2018
I can't imagine a more toxic or disgusting work environment. I have never seen a group of men with such profound "Daddy issues" like this in my entire life. It is 100% certain that anyone with both a brain and a heart will not last here. Management will literally tell us that they hate their jobs and then will turn around and fire newer people for whatever reason they can find- It's all a scam for upper management to use you to steal all your providers once you leave. They won't even wait a day to slander your name to the doctors you've been working with to save their own numbers. There are newer people doing just as well as the managers that have been there for years but are somehow getting fired when they call things out... You have been warned.
Pros
the sunlight that seeps in through the window shades
Cons
repulsive management, horrible pay
October 2, 2018

As a currently employee, I am very sorry that you feel this way and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issue you brought up in order to get more information so that I may be able to investigate and take appropriate action where necessary.

N/a
Fulfillment Specialist Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 22, 2018
I was not a big fan of working for Barton Associates. It was not the field that I wanted to be in and therefore it was not meant for me. Personally for me the pay was too low for the work FSAs did.
high turnover, need to be a self starter and persistent
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
10 hour shifts, lots of phone time, need to have self management and organizational skills, ability to push yourself and get through the resistance the first few months. lean on your manager as much as you can. Luck based in the beginning. Have to be a go getter. Good entry level job to learn skillsets
Trying to get out of there as soon as possible
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Honestly, the job is not hard in itself...it is the management there that ruins it. Every situation is handled based on favoritism.
I have seen management belittle people during work meetings,
There just seems no professionalism here.
The environment here is filled with drama
And since I been working here there has been over 10 people who have quit
This is just not an enjoyable job to be at which makes the job stressful
I wouldn’t recommend working here
No consistency in this workplace.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, inconsistency
October 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry that you feel this way. As a current employee, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in order to get specific information regarding your claims in order to investigate and take appropriate action where necessary.

Regards,

Alex Ashcraft
Manager, HR
aashcraft@bartonassociates.com

A fun and productive
Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2018
Medical Billing and Coding is competitive and challenging.
Making sure all workers are on time and accurate inputting information so that all documents are submitted.
Pros
Free lunch and snakes
Cons
Short breaks
Take the reviews seriously. Avoid!!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 17, 2018
Barton is an absolute nightmare to work at. The amount of micromanagement, fear for your job, and belittling that is done on a daily basis is outrageous. Don't even get me started on the immature inexperienced managers. They will at a drop of a dime terminate you, with no hesitation. They sucker you in with all this talk of growth, promotion, great commision structure, but barely give you room to breathe to function. I've never seen a more careless, lack of empathy company in my life. You are treated like you're left at an adult daycare by your parents, it's absolutely miserable. My time spent here has been one of the worst experiences of my entire life! If I have to yell out loud that "I'm a great salesperson again", I might lose it. Commision structure is below standard, they overcharge and underpay their doctors - which means you're underpaid. Their motto is churning them and burn them, they keep bringing people in and hope they stick! The overall consensus that I have gathered since being here is everyone uses it as a stepping stone job until they get something better. A majoirty of the people I'm friends with is consdering leaving and tons of top billing employees have already jumped ship!!
Pros
Resume booster
Cons
Everything, micromanagement, low pay, etc
October 2, 2018

This review has been shared with the management in the Keene office so that it may be investigated and addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Alex Ashcraft

Run away providers.
Provider (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 6, 2018
They have been the most dishonest company I have ever seen. They lie to your face. You have to threaten to sue them to get your paycheck. There is a high turnover rate. Frankly, I am not sure how they stay in business.
Pros
Work life balance is great only because they do not honor their contracts with you.
Cons
If you want paid on time, good luck.
September 11, 2018

Barton Associates has standardized practices to processing pay for the providers we staff. Providers must submit a signed timesheet to Barton for a Client's approval each week. In addition, it is expected that all charts will be completed by the provider so the Client can obtain reimbursement from the insurance company. If the charts are not completed, or if a timecard is not submitted timely, it can affect the processing of payment.

Young work culture
Primary Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Young and vibrant work culture at the Las Vegas office, however I have noticed many unethical and professional practices while working here within the first two weeks of employment.
Pros
Quick to move up within company.
Cons
Long work days, unprofessional behavior, and unethical practices
September 11, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. It shows that you are a current employee. Please contact me to discuss your concerns so they can be address appropriately.

Manager, Human Resources

Greedy ripoff of a company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 20, 2018
Barton seeks to ripoff both its employees, and its customers. They promise the world to hospitals in need, then give them unfit doctors at an inflated rate. They promise the world to potential employees, then use them to pound the phones for 6 months to generate leads for their top sales people, and fire them to be thrown back out in the cold, after leaving the job they had based on lies of a better opportunity.
September 11, 2018

When Barton hires an individual, it is with a full expectation and goal to enable them to develop and grow a career. We give all team members the training, mentorship, and tools to grow a lucrative career. It's up to individuals to put forth the effort to succeed and thrive. Growing and developing team members into managers and revenue producers is the backbone of our infrastructure and catalyst for our growth as a company. We want nothing more than to see individuals grow their careers with us.

Beware
worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2018
They go back on their word. They do not honor their contracts. They are cutthroat, unethical, mean-spirited, it's just like high school all over again. Be careful. Beware.
Pros
Cons
lots
If you're okay with ups and downs, this job is for you.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
The turnover at Barton & Associates is insane. Every week there is someone new, and that's because the job isn't easy. Sales isn't easy, but if you stick it out for the long run there can be good benefits for you. However, the working hours are hard and the rejection takes a toll on you.
not the best place if you are a serious recruiter-
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 6, 2018
But a good place to start if you can live on entry level wages.
Training is frequent but it seems no one has ever spent any time learning about presentation best practices or adult learning theories. It is very annoying to have the same awkward, dry, managers reading off of poorly worded slides.
It is a lot of luck, more so than some other staffing agencies, which means you will have some unlucky times. Some with tenure can remember when competition was all outside and hustle meant something, now all the competition is internal and you just have to be able to afford, mentally and financially, to wait out some other recruiters.
Very strict hours.
Pros
experience
Cons
work-life
Good Job
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
Good job pays very well! you get uncapped commission and hourly rate is high. Work environment is relaxed business casual. If you like talking on the phone all day to providers then this is def a good job for you and your learn a lot about business and medical.
Pros
Fun Office environment, great leaders/management team
Cons
7a-5p workday
Be ready to work
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
This company has great benefits and an amazing work environment. Just be ready to be on the phone 99.9% of your 9 hour work day. They stress that if this is not for you to please go. No hard feelings
Great office environment
Locum Tenen Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
This was a great first sales experience for me, the culture was great and as much fun you can have there you have the potential to make a good amount of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9