Barton Associates Employee Reviews

Beware
worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2018
They go back on their word. They do not honor their contracts. They are cutthroat, unethical, mean-spirited, it's just like high school all over again. Be careful. Beware.
Pros
Cons
lots
not the best place if you are a serious recruiter-
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 6, 2018
But a good place to start if you can live on entry level wages.
Training is frequent but it seems no one has ever spent any time learning about presentation best practices or adult learning theories. It is very annoying to have the same awkward, dry, managers reading off of poorly worded slides.
It is a lot of luck, more so than some other staffing agencies, which means you will have some unlucky times. Some with tenure can remember when competition was all outside and hustle meant something, now all the competition is internal and you just have to be able to afford, mentally and financially, to wait out some other recruiters.
Very strict hours.
Pros
experience
Cons
work-life
Good Job
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
Good job pays very well! you get uncapped commission and hourly rate is high. Work environment is relaxed business casual. If you like talking on the phone all day to providers then this is def a good job for you and your learn a lot about business and medical.
Pros
Fun Office environment, great leaders/management team
Cons
7a-5p workday
Be ready to work
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
This company has great benefits and an amazing work environment. Just be ready to be on the phone 99.9% of your 9 hour work day. They stress that if this is not for you to please go. No hard feelings
Great office environment
Locum Tenen Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
This was a great first sales experience for me, the culture was great and as much fun you can have there you have the potential to make a good amount of money.
Lowest of low
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaoJuly 19, 2018
3 years with Barton. It started well: good assignments, I was well paid, my agent honored my contract and more. Last 2 assignments: i was let go prior to end of contract, non-reimbursement for routine expenses (gas for driving to patient home care visits), dishonesty about location of assignment after I drove 400 for a 6 month gig, leaving me stranded in Los Angeles with no job and no place to live. Barton has stopped backing providers, without whom they would have no income. They refused to pursue a breech-of-contract suit for being dismissed without notice because Barton doesn't want to irritate a clinic or other money source. When my contract clearly stated pet fees were to be covered, the " finance" department didn't bother to read it. Deducted $305 from my paycheck. Wouldnt refund until I threatened to leave the assignment immediately.
Payroll department wont send payment advises with checks unless specifically requested. Makes it easy to hide under payments.

This company has gone down hill fast in the last year. I strongly recommend that no PA, NP or MD have anything to do with these lying cheaters.
If you’re thinking about working here, don’t
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
Poor management, high turn over, cold calling medical providers that want nothing to do with Barton, Stressful, Long hours, Sometimes micromanaged.

I am happy I left Barton as soon as I did. I almost made it through all the trainings but had to leave when I realized who Barton was and what they are about. Management is young and not very professional. Once i checked my phone at my desk because one of my friends was traveling abroad and asked me my address to send me something and check in (legitimately probably a 4 minute email) and one of the corporate people from the east coast very rudely told me “don’t you have something you should be doing?” SO happy i got out of there!

My advice to anyone thinking of working here, DONT.

They don’t treat their employees well. The hours are long. Management micromanaging and belittles employees.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, cold calling, Long hours, High turnover
Most productive and fun job I've had since college!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Absolutely love our culture and opportunities for growth! Really enjoy getting to work with such an inspirational group of people and being apart of a great team!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 25, 2018
This is a great place to work. You will get everything back that you put into the job. You have several managers in place to help you and prepare you to succeed. At the end of the day it comes down to the work that put in, and it shows.
Good place to gain basic experience
Audit Staff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 24, 2018
Good place to gain basic experience. Good room from growth. Good work life balance. Management is responsive and is interested in your growth in the company.
Pros
Good to learn the basics
Cons
Can be cut throte at times.
stepping stone job
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 14, 2018
I worked at Barton for a while and went into management, this is a great stepping stone job if you want to gain experience. Its worth it in the long run if you are okay with being highly underpaid, micromanaged, belittled, and it doesn't bother you if management listens to its employees or not. Some managers are great, those who do what they know is right and avoid managing the way upper management tells them. If you decide to take a job here, don't expect to make commission in the first 3-6 months and even then don't expect to make much even if you have good sales numbers.
Pros
can gain good sales and staffing experience if you have none
Cons
low pay, upper management has no idea what its like to do the job, continue to revisit the same things that worked 3 years ago that no longer do
Official response from Barton Associates
June 22, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. With Barton Associates' promote from within philosophy - our managers all started out in the same entry-level Staffing Specialist or Account Manager positions, and have grown their careers over their tenure with Barton. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a call with you to discuss your issues you had as well as your feedback regarding processes that are no longer valid or usable.

Alexander M. Ashcraft
Manager, Human Resources

Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
If you're competitive and like money than Barton Associates is the right fit for you. If you are scared of the phone than Barton Associates is not the right fit for you. However, Barton does offer great one-on-one training and can transform you into a great sales rep.
Excellent place to work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 29, 2018
Barton is an excellent place to work, the culture is great - very upbeat and fun atmosphere where everyone constantly motivates each other to reach their sales milestones, whether it be personal, team, office or company-wide! When I first started working here, I did not have much experience in sales. Over a year later thanks to the consistent training and leadership I am confident in my own experience and knowledge, and have seen success on a level I did not expect. Management roles are earned internally, so the opportunity for growth in terms of your experience in sales and leadership directly correlates with the work you are willing to put in! The most enjoyable part about the job for me is building my client base and maintaining those relationships - and as a result seeing production and bringing in some of that uncapped commission on top of my base salary. It is also very exciting seeing my co-workers succeed in these areas. I can't recommend working at Barton Associates enough!
Pros
Fun Culture, Base Salary, Uncapped Commission, Benefits, Pto, Opportunity for promotion
Cons
Early mornings
Very communicative company
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 23, 2018
I worked for Barton and Associates as a prn/locums employee. they were very communicative when they had available positions which I was qualified for, and always worked to find positions which fit my needs.
Good work when you had it
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 22, 2018
This company places providers in locum tenens positions around the world, so some of the questions about meetings, promotions from within, job advancement were difficult to answer as a contractor for the company. Multiple employees in different roles to take care of your needs.
Pros
Got to see different areas of the country
Cons
inconsistent work
Competive Job with great potential
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
I've been working at Barton for over a year.

It's a job where you need to be "hungry" and competitive. It's fast paced. It is a job though where you get out what you put in. You have the chance to be as profitable as you want to be and can make well into 6 figure salaries. The work environment is young and a lot of fun. They have meetings every morning which will only help make you better. They want to see you succeed in every facet of the job. If you aren't afraid of the phone and want to make a lot of money than this is the job for you. You just need to Trust the Process & you will gain good life, money and work experience here. Not just a stepping stone job, more of a career.
Pros
Potential earnings, management, meetings
Cons
7am start time
Scary - run!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 18, 2018
I've never been in such a cut throat - rude environment in my entire life. Seriously, skip this one! I had a bad feeling at the interview, but the money was hard to pass up. They belittle, and humiliate you to try and "drive" your performance.
Hard Work Pays Off!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 17, 2018
I look forward to coming to work every day. I like the people I work with and can't imagine a better team to be a part of. It's a fast paced environment with a lot of competitive people.
Pros
Control your own destiny
Great place for competitive, career-driven people!
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 15, 2018
I've been with Barton for several years now. The beginning is tough, finding your pace and your groove. You have to be persistent and determined. If you have that going for you and a strong work ethic you can make some serious money and grow quickly here!!
Pros
Compensation & incentives
Cons
High expectations/standard
Typical Day
Account Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 7, 2018
Okay job for someone who just graduated. A typical day at work begins with an hour meeting to go over production. Then you are on the phone for 8 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Associates. Our community is ready to answer.