Barton Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
high turnover, need to be a self starter and persistent
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
10 hour shifts, lots of phone time, need to have self management and organizational skills, ability to push yourself and get through the resistance the first few months. lean on your manager as much as you can. Luck based in the beginning. Have to be a go getter. Good entry level job to learn skillsets
Trying to get out of there as soon as possible
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Honestly, the job is not hard in itself...it is the management there that ruins it. Every situation is handled based on favoritism.
I have seen management belittle people during work meetings,
There just seems no professionalism here.
The environment here is filled with drama
And since I been working here there has been over 10 people who have quit
This is just not an enjoyable job to be at which makes the job stressful
I wouldn’t recommend working here
No consistency in this workplace.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, inconsistency
A fun and productive
Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2018
Medical Billing and Coding is competitive and challenging.
Making sure all workers are on time and accurate inputting information so that all documents are submitted.
Pros
Free lunch and snakes
Cons
Short breaks
Take the reviews seriously. Avoid!!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 17, 2018
Barton is an absolute nightmare to work at. The amount of micromanagement, fear for your job, and belittling that is done on a daily basis is outrageous. Don't even get me started on the immature inexperienced managers. They will at a drop of a dime terminate you, with no hesitation. They sucker you in with all this talk of growth, promotion, great commision structure, but barely give you room to breathe to function. I've never seen a more careless, lack of empathy company in my life. You are treated like you're left at an adult daycare by your parents, it's absolutely miserable. My time spent here has been one of the worst experiences of my entire life! If I have to yell out loud that "I'm a great salesperson again", I might lose it. Commision structure is below standard, they overcharge and underpay their doctors - which means you're underpaid. Their motto is churning them and burn them, they keep bringing people in and hope they stick! The overall consensus that I have gathered since being here is everyone uses it as a stepping stone job until they get something better. A majoirty of the people I'm friends with is consdering leaving and tons of top billing employees have already jumped ship!!
Pros
Resume booster
Cons
Everything, micromanagement, low pay, etc
Run away providers.
Provider (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 6, 2018
They have been the most dishonest company I have ever seen. They lie to your face. You have to threaten to sue them to get your paycheck. There is a high turnover rate. Frankly, I am not sure how they stay in business.
Pros
Work life balance is great only because they do not honor their contracts with you.
Cons
If you want paid on time, good luck.
September 11, 2018

Barton Associates has standardized practices to processing pay for the providers we staff. Providers must submit a signed timesheet to Barton for a Client's approval each week. In addition, it is expected that all charts will be completed by the provider so the Client can obtain reimbursement from the insurance company. If the charts are not completed, or if a timecard is not submitted timely, it can affect the processing of payment.

Young work culture
Primary Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Young and vibrant work culture at the Las Vegas office, however I have noticed many unethical and professional practices while working here within the first two weeks of employment.
Pros
Quick to move up within company.
Cons
Long work days, unprofessional behavior, and unethical practices
September 11, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. It shows that you are a current employee. Please contact me to discuss your concerns so they can be address appropriately.

Manager, Human Resources

Greedy ripoff of a company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 20, 2018
Barton seeks to ripoff both its employees, and its customers. They promise the world to hospitals in need, then give them unfit doctors at an inflated rate. They promise the world to potential employees, then use them to pound the phones for 6 months to generate leads for their top sales people, and fire them to be thrown back out in the cold, after leaving the job they had based on lies of a better opportunity.
September 11, 2018

When Barton hires an individual, it is with a full expectation and goal to enable them to develop and grow a career. We give all team members the training, mentorship, and tools to grow a lucrative career. It's up to individuals to put forth the effort to succeed and thrive. Growing and developing team members into managers and revenue producers is the backbone of our infrastructure and catalyst for our growth as a company. We want nothing more than to see individuals grow their careers with us.

Beware
worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2018
They go back on their word. They do not honor their contracts. They are cutthroat, unethical, mean-spirited, it's just like high school all over again. Be careful. Beware.
Pros
Cons
lots
If you're okay with ups and downs, this job is for you.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
The turnover at Barton & Associates is insane. Every week there is someone new, and that's because the job isn't easy. Sales isn't easy, but if you stick it out for the long run there can be good benefits for you. However, the working hours are hard and the rejection takes a toll on you.
not the best place if you are a serious recruiter-
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 6, 2018
But a good place to start if you can live on entry level wages.
Training is frequent but it seems no one has ever spent any time learning about presentation best practices or adult learning theories. It is very annoying to have the same awkward, dry, managers reading off of poorly worded slides.
It is a lot of luck, more so than some other staffing agencies, which means you will have some unlucky times. Some with tenure can remember when competition was all outside and hustle meant something, now all the competition is internal and you just have to be able to afford, mentally and financially, to wait out some other recruiters.
Very strict hours.
Pros
experience
Cons
work-life
Good Job
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
Good job pays very well! you get uncapped commission and hourly rate is high. Work environment is relaxed business casual. If you like talking on the phone all day to providers then this is def a good job for you and your learn a lot about business and medical.
Pros
Fun Office environment, great leaders/management team
Cons
7a-5p workday
Be ready to work
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
This company has great benefits and an amazing work environment. Just be ready to be on the phone 99.9% of your 9 hour work day. They stress that if this is not for you to please go. No hard feelings
Great office environment
Locum Tenen Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
This was a great first sales experience for me, the culture was great and as much fun you can have there you have the potential to make a good amount of money.
Lowest of low
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaoJuly 19, 2018
3 years with Barton. It started well: good assignments, I was well paid, my agent honored my contract and more. Last 2 assignments: i was let go prior to end of contract, non-reimbursement for routine expenses (gas for driving to patient home care visits), dishonesty about location of assignment after I drove 400 for a 6 month gig, leaving me stranded in Los Angeles with no job and no place to live. Barton has stopped backing providers, without whom they would have no income. They refused to pursue a breech-of-contract suit for being dismissed without notice because Barton doesn't want to irritate a clinic or other money source. When my contract clearly stated pet fees were to be covered, the " finance" department didn't bother to read it. Deducted $305 from my paycheck. Wouldnt refund until I threatened to leave the assignment immediately.
Payroll department wont send payment advises with checks unless specifically requested. Makes it easy to hide under payments.

This company has gone down hill fast in the last year. I strongly recommend that no PA, NP or MD have anything to do with these lying cheaters.
If you’re thinking about working here, don’t
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
Poor management, high turn over, cold calling medical providers that want nothing to do with Barton, Stressful, Long hours, Sometimes micromanaged.

I am happy I left Barton as soon as I did. I almost made it through all the trainings but had to leave when I realized who Barton was and what they are about. Management is young and not very professional. Once i checked my phone at my desk because one of my friends was traveling abroad and asked me my address to send me something and check in (legitimately probably a 4 minute email) and one of the corporate people from the east coast very rudely told me “don’t you have something you should be doing?” SO happy i got out of there!

My advice to anyone thinking of working here, DONT.

They don’t treat their employees well. The hours are long. Management micromanaging and belittles employees.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, cold calling, Long hours, High turnover
Most productive and fun job I've had since college!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Absolutely love our culture and opportunities for growth! Really enjoy getting to work with such an inspirational group of people and being apart of a great team!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 25, 2018
This is a great place to work. You will get everything back that you put into the job. You have several managers in place to help you and prepare you to succeed. At the end of the day it comes down to the work that put in, and it shows.
Good place to gain basic experience
Audit Staff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 24, 2018
Good place to gain basic experience. Good room from growth. Good work life balance. Management is responsive and is interested in your growth in the company.
Pros
Good to learn the basics
Cons
Can be cut throte at times.
stepping stone job
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 14, 2018
I worked at Barton for a while and went into management, this is a great stepping stone job if you want to gain experience. Its worth it in the long run if you are okay with being highly underpaid, micromanaged, belittled, and it doesn't bother you if management listens to its employees or not. Some managers are great, those who do what they know is right and avoid managing the way upper management tells them. If you decide to take a job here, don't expect to make commission in the first 3-6 months and even then don't expect to make much even if you have good sales numbers.
Pros
can gain good sales and staffing experience if you have none
Cons
low pay, upper management has no idea what its like to do the job, continue to revisit the same things that worked 3 years ago that no longer do
June 22, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. With Barton Associates' promote from within philosophy - our managers all started out in the same entry-level Staffing Specialist or Account Manager positions, and have grown their careers over their tenure with Barton. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a call with you to discuss your issues you had as well as your feedback regarding processes that are no longer valid or usable.

Alexander M. Ashcraft

Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
If you're competitive and like money than Barton Associates is the right fit for you. If you are scared of the phone than Barton Associates is not the right fit for you. However, Barton does offer great one-on-one training and can transform you into a great sales rep.