Barton Malow Company Employee Reviews

Barton malow then and now
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 8, 2019
I RETIRED from Barton Malow in 2000. The company has changed with the times. Many female Project Managers. That is good.
I can not judge the company now. Some of the review questions were in my opinion stupid. Who would expect a doggie day sitter in this profession? Just how far have we gone? Over the edge!

I wrote a book about my adventures into a man's world in the 1980's.
THE LADY WORE A HARD HAT. It tells the story of this company from 1985 until 2000.

I can only say that there was one manager at that time who was willing to hire me and to be a great mentor. I was the first female Project Manager in the Health Care Division. I see a great deal of progress with many women in the workforce of the company now.

It was a good company and I think remains so.
Cons
Don't remember any.
Forman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Nationwide commercial management company that primarily does colleges sporting complexes and other large projects Occasionally have to work out of town for periods of time have to wear PPE equipment all times and adhere to all safety guidelines
Pros
Very good benefits and compensation
Cons
Lack of communications between staff and employees Fast-paced I scheduled projects
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 5, 2019
Barton Malow is the largest General Contractor in Michigan. In being the largest they employ a large amount of people. With this large number of employees, it is usually difficult to create a family culture. Barton Malow went above and beyond to focus on a family oriented company and suceeded at this.
Productive and knowledgeable place to work.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 2, 2019
Love working here. Just simply no work were I need to be. I value family and time with my daughter which is why I need to relocate. Hoping to find another great company to invest my time in.
Pros
Good hours . Great pay.
Cons
Long drives.
Productive and efficient
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIFebruary 1, 2019
I had only worked one day with Barton Malow with a crew that didnt know each other. That being said we all worked together beautifully there was communication and no one was left wondering what to do and we got the job done .
reviews are useless
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 4, 2019
welded rigged made money getting tired of being required to fill out reviews in order to apply for a job. 150 charecters to get past this part. 10 left
Exception Construction Company
Elec. Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2018
Barton Malow is an exceptional company with a strong drive to continue to be a leader in Construction across the US. They have vision and follow through in achieving their stated goals.
Pros
Talented Resources and Above Average Compensation
Great Company
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 24, 2018
They are a great company to work for. My job was out in the field. promoting company safety policy. They are one company that believes in educating their people.
Not in a position
Millwright General Foreman/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 30, 2018
I am not in the position to write a review. The loyalty to their employees is not the best. Promises were not followed through. I don't think they have things organized and too many hands in the pot.
In company meal facilities. Most people were friendly and easy to work with.
Project/Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 11, 2018
Most people were friendly and easy to work with. Nice enough office environment and occasional in office training. Mileage reimbursement. The pay was less than stellar.
Pros
Employee Holiday lunch.
Cons
Pay was too low for responsibilities.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201May 14, 2018
Nothing to add at the moment. Construction company with lots of moving variables. Exciting work environment. Relaxed, laid back with a lot of room for growth.
Great place
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 1, 2018
What else can you say, Barton Malow is an exceptional company. They work with employees in every way they can. You have to hold up your end, but the rewards are excellent
Pros
Great Place to work
Heavy duty work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, flMarch 12, 2018
Need dedication and 100% . Have to be willing to work extra hard extra hours and be bilingual in English and Spanish. Big on safety to do the job right and safe , accidents are common.
Construction
Administration Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Worked there for 5+ years as their receptionist. I worked both in Detroit MI and Tempe AZ...relocating to AZ to be near family.
The construction industry tanked in AZ around 2008 and that office in AZ floundered - laying off staff. Unfortunately, the receptionist job could be eliminated. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Some lower level management not so good
Working in the Construction Business
Administration Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 4, 2018
Worked for BMC for 5 years when AZ construction industry bottomed out. BMC was a relocation for me - formerly from Detroit MI to Tempe AZ. A move I made to be closer to family.
When the recession hit, the office was slowly closing down to move back to DTW. Being let go was tough, low person on the totem pole.
Pros
Very good industry to work for with a good company
Cons
At the time of employment the management wasn't too professional
Great Family Business
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2017
Barton Malow is the best place I had ever worked. The people were friendly and were team players. Great benefits including being asked to become a stock holder.
Pros
Family
Cons
Some management
Work Work Work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 6, 2017
Hardest part is uncertainty of your future. You never know where or when you will be transferred to a different site or state. Great work and pay when you are in the click.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No per-diem in Michigan
Great Work Experience
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 20, 2017
I got my job working for the Barton Malow Company through a friend. I have loved every minute of working with this company. Even though this was just a temporary position I have gained so much valuable experience and learned a lot. I am a student and they worked great with me and my class schedule never making me choose between class and work. My manager from day 1 always told me school came first for my future.
Pros
Great staff, works well with schedule
Positive environment with great benefits.
Union Laborer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2017
Barton Malow is a great place to work. I was a laborer out of the union as a concrete laborer so it really wasn't job security because it was a company looking for laborers out of the hall. I was at the new red wing stadium doing all the concrete work.
Pros
Great Income
Cons
No Job Secruity
Overall good company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 30, 2017
Lots of opportunities
Diverse types of projects to work on
Challenging
Company events are fun
Large company
They grow their employees
Lots of resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Malow Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight