BARTOW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very nice growing medical facility, well kept
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Very good culture, very diversified, management was fair, interacting w/ staff. patients, doctors and guests excellent. Medical Center Admin Staff very pleasant to work with
Transition is not always smooth.
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 25, 2018
When I was hired for surgery scheduling Bartow Regional was being bought out by Baycare. This was a hectic time for everyone, learning new expectations. There was management changes at the same time and the manager for the operating room was brought in from a temporary agency. Due to the bad reputation of the hospital there was not any applicants for the operating room manager, this is the reason for the temporary manager. I really enjoyed working with all the staff in the outpatient surgery center. I scheduled all surgeries to be preformed and coordinated with the nurses to ensure all necessary paperwork was received for the patients charts. The only part of the job that was difficult was making sure that we had the supplies needed for surgeries. Ordering special equipment for surgery could be difficult if it was on back order or the shipping date would take to long to get to the hospital.
Bartow Management
Environmental Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Management allowed you to manage your time and workload, even though there was a open door policy. It was easy to communicate with the management staff and peers.
Pros
Freely speak, and ask questions.
Cons
I worked Per Diem, and was not able to take advantage of the many benefits.
Like family
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FL 33830December 19, 2017
is was face paced and i liked that because there was always something to do.Never did anyone just stand around and everyone made you feel as part as a team.
It was educational experience
Clinical Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 1, 2017
During my three months of my clinical internship, I learned on how to educate clients with there diet and behavioral lifestyle. Also, it was very friendly environment.
Great work
PRN Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 11, 2017
Great place to work at, very organized and clean environment with friendly staff. Management is very good as well, overall work days pass by in a very fast pace
Phlebotomist/Laboratorary
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLeAugust 5, 2017
Excellent Benefits. Positive environment, everybody worked well with each other. Computer software is user friendly. Competitive pay. Annual bonuses based on positive surveys
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Cafeteria not opened long enough and closed on weekend, Making it hard if you didn't bring lunch for that long shift
small family like atmosphere
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 31, 2017
The days were definitely full. They were never the same. The medical center's patient level was constantly changing and this led to a daily change in production, staffing, purchasing etc. The staff was
multi-cultural which led for a great mix of opinions. I was part of contracted company and our interaction and relationship with the medical center's administration, doctors, nurses, general staff and clients/ customers was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the medical center's people.
It's a very fast paces work envirionment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 20, 2017
Some days are easy, others you will be working the entire day without a break because patients are being discharged. Especially on weekends. Weekends are most hectic.
Balanced fast paced emergency department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 16, 2017
Bartow Regional ED is a well rounded emergency department, that provides services to all ages in the community. With plenty of resources and great team work the emergency department is a great place to work!
Bartow icu
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 12, 2017
Typical nigh shift: nurses had 3:1 patient ratio. Cared for critically ill patients requiring mechanical ventilation, administration of medications that had to be titrated to keep patients vital signs within normal range.
I learned how to be self-sufficient and multi-task, performing the role of nurse, unit secretary, orderly, etc. Enhanced my critical thinking skills while caring for critically ill patients with limited support staff.
Management had limited presence during night shift. Most of the information that needed to be communicated to people working at night was relayed by peers who worked during the day.
The hardest part of this job was that you were responsible for 6 critically ill patients and only had one other nurse with you to provide care for the patients. If there was an emergency, the other nurse had to make phone calls for help before he/she was able to come to the bedside to assist with patient care. That was the priority because if no one called for help, the emergency would have to be handled by the two nurses on duty, as there was no other way to summons help during an emergency.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to provide care for patients. The other employees in the ICU were team players and they made the work environment pleasant. Coworkers were approachable and eager to help one another which improved the quality of patient care in the department.
Pros
Employees with positive attitudes, Complex patients requiring care encouraging critical thinking and creative problem solving
Cons
Minimal communication between managment and night shift employees, limited support staff at night, poor job security as facility changed ownership 2 times in the 15 months I was employed there.
liars
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  SecurityJune 12, 2017
I worked there as security and honestly do not work there. They will smile to your face and tell you good things then fire you. I was fired because someone else wanted her friend hired on so she complained to boss and told other nurses she was doing that so she could get her friend hired. Security boss and his boss said we don't care. They are not trust worthy and are the biggest liars I ever met. All they had to do was ask nurses she admitted this to.
Pros
Cons
liars
Passionate
Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 15, 2016
Good place to work friendly staff and called inn when need and asked if you'd like extra hours God's place to work at as a self employer
wonderful place to work
Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 20, 2016
enjoyed working at bartow, the entire hospital staff from the CEO to the Dr's and nurses were wonderful, teaching making you want to learn more, i would go back if i could
Enjoyable but sometimes overwhelming.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with Drs. and some of my Coworkers. Salary could have been better. I was always continually learning and teaching the computer system.
It was overall a fun place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 7, 2015
With few exceptions the staff, physicians and EMS crews there were a fun, educational and mutually respectful group and created a great environment in which to work. The ED Department Manager at the time, however, was not made of the same ''fabric'' as the other employees. Major downside that ultimately led to my departure.
Hospital Pharmacist
Clinical and Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2015
Days were 12 hours long, 7 days on and 7 days off with on call in the evenings. The management and staff were wonderful! The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for learning. The hardest part of the job was getting called out in the middle of the night.
Pros
Learning!!
Cons
On Call in the evenings
Ok
Lab Technologist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLSeptember 5, 2014
This hospital needs a few changes in management. There are problems on every floor and always problems with staff.
Pros
Hospital
Cons
awful management, awful pay, poor hospital moral which led to poor patient care
radiology department (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 12, 2014
Shifts are always ran short rather we are busy or not. Protocols and policies are not consistent. Pay is the lowest in Polk County with a large overturn. Hospital moral is awful because we are treated like we are so expendable. No recogization to loyal and long time employees. They hire new grads paying more than 10 yr employees and we receive either none or 2% raises and have not had a cost of living raise in over 7 yrs. I make less than a dollar more than I did 7 yrs ago.
Pros
close to home
Cons
awful work environment
no comments
Medical Technologist- Generalist/Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 5, 2014
Only 1 tech in night shift, which must also perform phlebotomy duties. Not good when there are 6-9 collections throughout the night while specimens from patients from the ER are constantly being received and expected to satisfy the TAT required.