Barts Electric Employee Reviews

2.2
Ratings breakdown
Very learning enviornment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
If you can get over the weather then the days are really not that bad. Its a fast pace job and you Will learn a lot if you pay attention and want to learn.
Apprentice school
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, MOApril 30, 2018
The apprentice program at Bart's Electric is fantastic. You are treated fair and have every opportunity for success. The culture of the company is to build people. That is what they do best!
Fast paced with lots of challenges
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYMarch 15, 2018
I like working with barts electric. Learned a lot from management who pushed me to exceed. And the health benefits were way above what other companies offer.
Pros
Free schooling
Cons
Traveling
Absolutely horrible excuse of a company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, MONovember 7, 2017
I worked at Barts for over a year and most the bad reviews are true. They say everyone has a seat at the table. not true. They are racist and unprofes
Pros
There are none
Cons
Low pay, extreme work pace, negative enviornment, too many to list
Family is the Key
electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMarch 18, 2015
As I worked with Bart's Electric I couldn't help but notice that safety was a big issue of discussion. Alongside the training I received as an apprentice we were expected to attend safety meetings on specific days where absence wasn't an option. Making sure work was done in a timely manner never seemed to override the necessity for safety and quality. This being said I would recommend them anyone for future employment.
Dangerous / No Quality
2nd Year Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 23, 2015
This company cuts corners wherever possible and hides shoddy work from inspectors. OSHA Violations are a daily occurrence and I would never go back to work for this company no matter the pay.
Do NOT work at Barts Electric!!!!
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort. Stewart, GAJuly 8, 2014
Contract ended with another job so applied with Barts and got hired. My hours were 4pm-1230am. Not even a week later I had a guy I previously worked with during another contract (he ended up getting fired from the other employer) be put in charge of us all...He was lazy, complained about everything, and didnt know what he was doing which is why he was fired from the last job. We only got a 30min dinner break-no other breaks were given, even during our 10hr days, I was 2mins late after a break and got yelled at. I got yelled at because i took off my hat/glasses when I used the bathroom. They dont care about their employees and treat them like dirt. All they care about is working non stop!
Pros
NONE but a paycheck!
Cons
One 30min break, Horrible supervisors, they will treat/talk to you like your nothing!
If you care about doing good quality electrical work. DONT work for Barts!! w
ex temp agency worker (Former Employee) –  North DakotaFebruary 8, 2014
This company operates with unskilled self called electricians terrible game planing on site. The only good hands are the electricians they hire from the temp agency haha!!
Pros
free to do poor quality work. they cant tell good from bad :))
Cons
the formen are dome.
They no longer care about their employees. They have gotten too big too fast.
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 14, 2013
This company has really gone down hill. They no longer take care of their employees. Everyone seems to dislike working here any more. You can tell because nobody that has been there for very long have quit because they are tired of all of their bs. I would never recommend working for Bart's. They will tell you what you want to hear and then turn around and stab you in the back. They have no wirk in the Kansas city area. And all of there Forman will throw you under the bus just to make them selves look good.
Cons
no breaks, no kansas city work.
Family Business
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 5, 2013
The Business was not able to perform business in an ethical environment consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Pros
very casual work environment
Cons
lack of professional business ethics
All out of work
Lead Journeyman (Former Employee) –  oklahomaApril 29, 2012
They have a lot of work but all of it is out of town. They only care about the work not about employees.
Pros
alot of work
Cons
all work out of town