Basecamp Hospitality Employee Reviews

Poor Management & Favoritism
Basecamp (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 7, 2019
If you dont get into a certain click or arent friends with HR or the facility manager who just left for touching people while HR hid it, then you will definitely not have a job. They pick and chose a certain group off people who kiss their beep and keep all their dirty laundry under the rug. Only work here if you want to be treated unfairly and managed poorly. They will fire your for complaining or going to corporate even though they are the shady ones doing pwople wrong. This place will never succeed with HR and this management here. They need to come clean house
Cons
HR and any kind of upper management can not be trusted
Fun place to work, the people are what make you want to stay.
H.R. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camanche RecreationJuly 20, 2019
This is a great starter Job since almost all positions are entry level. The staff is goofy and love to have fun while getting things done. The customers are happy because they are on vacation, sure sometimes you get the rude customers that are unhappy however its really cool to be a part of what can turn around their attitude and make their vacation a happy one. I love everyone I work with, we are all lake people and we share that jovial commonality of work hard play harder! Sure the pay may not be the greatest because like I said most are entry level positions however if you work hard advancement is possible or at lease getting a raise does happen to those that are the Camanche Rockstars. Basically everyone in management started at entry level because the company is notorious for promoting from within. Awesome experience here so far their parties are awesome and they don't hold back on the gifts and raffle prizes. The employee discounts are great if you love the outdoors and visiting other recreation sites, so if you want a fun place to work with fun people apply here. MUST NOT BE AFRAID OF HEAVY TRAFFIC WHEN IT COMES TO CUSTOMERS. In the summer its really really busy and in the winter its really really relaxing.
Pros
Free Boats and other great discounts, Awesome staff!
Cons
Minimum wage mostly, long commute, extreme heat in the summer
Go the extra mile for a smile!
Manager (Current Employee) –  CRCJuly 19, 2019
I have worked for Basecamp Hospitality for some time now. In that time, I have been given the opportunity to work in many departments, and have found inspiration not only by the tasks I have taken on, but by the leadership that has allowed me to learn! I have seen a few turnovers through out our company, but it has always been positive FOR the company. No company I have EVER worked for has offered (with zero hesitation) the financial support to take supporting classes, and seminars to better your position! I have even witnessed management counsel/coach employees with the worst manners in order to avoid "turn over"

Over time, we have grown from a small family operation to a corporation, yet it still feels like a family atmosphere! Most if not all have started as seasonal employees at each of the locations, and those willing to soar like an eagle are offered wonderful opportunities!

Sure there are others complaining about "being too nitpicky" or "long hours" but this is a Hospitality Company. We need to continue to hold our customers as priority. Happy guests create a happy morale! Don't worry about the frustrations, and small stresses of the weekend, instead consider keeping your eye on the ball, which again is Hospitality. Most of our operations are fast-paced environments - which does lead to a bit of stress, but like the old adage, you can't eat an elephant in one bite. IF you are not the type to take on challenges, maybe this is not the company for you. However, If you ARE the type - fasten your seat belt for a long (NEVER boring) career!

I have personally chosen
  more... to stay because of co-workers, as well as core values that are taken seriously!  less
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Bad apples that come and go
Amazing location and amazing staff
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ione, CA "Camanche Recreation Company"July 19, 2019
I love working at Basecamp Hospitality. If you love outdoors and interacting with people, this is the right company for you. It can be stressful at times, specially in the summer but they do have amazing discount for employees that makes it totally worth it. Overall it is a good and fun place to work.
Management is awful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJune 12, 2019
Worked there for 1 month. Was lied to about who my direct supervisor was. Never trained or given actual expectations and then blamed for rooms not being clean enough. Super nit picky ie access panel located on the ceiling not clean enough. What a joke.
Pros
Pretty drive to work
Cons
Awful management, no concern for employees
Typical day working here
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Silver Falls State Park, ORMay 14, 2019
I was a dishwasher/kitchen aid employee, well sort of. I ended up doing way more work than I was paid for compared to the other employee in the same position, I not only washed dishes and cleaned as in my job description but ended up breaking down banquets, cleaning up other buildings, and setting up tables. I was doing what three people normally do there at a very fast pace. I quit after two weeks from the stress and pace of the job. I am over 50 and was expected to work like everyone else that was 20 to 30 years younger and be complained at for working too many hours. This is also the dirtiest kitchen I ever worked in. Would not recommend to anyone. Big turn-over every year no one returns. Also, good luck getting your breaks when required.
Pros
Nice scenery in the mountains.
Cons
Too many people who think they are your boss
Great Values, Great People!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Basin Redwoods State Park, CAMay 10, 2019
Basecamp Hospitality operates in a multitude of locations, which means that each location has it's own quirks and personality, but in Boulder Creek (Big Basin State Park) I can attest to its close knit staff and caring management. They care about their employees and the guests that visit the park. They make it a point to include community service as a big part of their work culture. They care about their local communities and the environment!

I love working here!
Pros
Beautiful Location, Good Management
Cons
Long commute
Katherine Landing Recreation Company
employee (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZFebruary 24, 2019
Ownership knows how bad the management is at this location and does nothing about it. Several employees have gone to corporate HR because we have no faith in most of management or HR. The HR manager and the Facilities manager target anyone they feel talks to corporate about issues. The current facility manager was suspended for three weeks over misconduct and allowed to come back and start targeting all of the employees who they felt talked. I would really consider if you are a female before applying to any position at this location. It has become bad enough that several employees have banded together and hired an attorney.
Pros
employees and the lake
Cons
everything else