BASF Employee Reviews

Found 911 reviews matching the search See all 2,020 reviews
Low Advancement Opportunities
Production Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2018
Not enough diversity throughout the rank structure. Respect for workers and the opportunity for advancement is not equal across the board which results in a low level of moral.
YOu really are just a number in this company...There can only be one.
Process Engineer - Nutrition & Health - Vitamin E (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 18, 2018
German run company that expects no less than your life devoted to their company. It is job 1 and your only job. "Home away from home" and get used to it. On the radio 24/7, on call required.

This company is a pressure cooker. You will be assimilated and like it.

Very good pay but watch out if your individual department doesn't meet the KPIs and benchmarks set by the best performing plants in their complex.

Over 125k employees and you really are just a number.

Watch out if you get older than 50 because your department manager will be looking to cut the budget and pay someone 65% of your salary regardless of the experience and quality of your job.
Pros
They are No.1 and do take Safety culture seriously.
Cons
Just a number, BASF owes you nothing, Expect zero loyalty from BASF
Benefit Package
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 16, 2018
The company provides many opportunities for you to learn and grow for new opportunities. It is a face paced company and no room for mistakes. Work life balance is very good for families with small children and have to take care of an elderly person is the best I have seen. Safety and Wellness is very important to the well-being of employees.
Pros
Benefits, Life Balance, Compensation
Cons
Too many policies and procedures in place
Would still be working there
finished material packaging (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2018
The plant I was working at closed the doors and forced me to quit. I enjoyed what I did. I was learning new things every day. I felt there was room for advancement.
One of the largest companies in the world.
Senior Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Shift consisted of three technicians and one shift supervisor. a typical date began with technician doing what his or her job consisted of. Learned how to operate different kinds of equipment and learned all three job functions.Management was consistent to company rules. we had a multicultural work culture. The hardest part of the job was the climbing of high towers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits.
Pros
12 hour shift every four days
Cons
72 hour paydays
Great company to work for
Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 14, 2018
We work hard in a progressive environment, with great compensation and perks. Management is knowledgeable and supportive of the staff. Friendly workplace culture.
Pros
Progressivity
Could be a good place to work if it had different management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GASeptember 14, 2018
Operators are lazy and don't want to help train, have attitudes and if you aren't in "the click" then you have no chance for any advancement. The job itself is fine not too difficult just needs a completely new management team.
Cons
To many attitudes
Fun and family friendly place to work.
Financial Analyst, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Friendly environment. Workload is reasonable not overwhelming. Fair timelines. No real overtime or weekend work but you are allowed to work from home when necessary.
Great employees
Lead Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Candler, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Cant really describe my work at this location. The business is now closed and no longer functions in the state of North Carolina. Was a great place to work though. Left to obtain better opportunities.
Pros
No longer in business
Good Place to Work
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER / WASTE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 11, 2018
Love this job, good management, easy to advice, great benefits such as health, 401K and tuition assistance. Good work life balance great workplace culture.
I worked for subsidiaries before being acquired
Corporate Planner (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJSeptember 11, 2018
At Interchemical I was a quality control technician. At Engelhard I had several job titles. The company was in a continual state of flux after having been spun off from Phibro.
Working environment is excellent. BASF is very good company to work.
Senior Research Scientist II- R&D in Hygiene (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2018
BASF provided flexible working time, which is good for employees to manage the traffic time and keep higher working efficiency. I have leaned that team work is important for me to use my strength effectively. BASF emphasizes customers. The most enjoyable part in my job is that I can do something new in my research and development work.
Relaxed. Great experiencing different varieties.
Corpus Christi - Plant Breeding Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2018
You literally grow, no pun intended. You see how long it takes for the actuality of plants and respect seasons. Outdoor work isn’t for everyone but it’s wonderful to be outdoors instead of in an office sometimes.
Pros
Free lunch when out of town. Lenient.
Cons
Hot weather. Equipment malfunction.
Educational and rewarding.
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAAugust 30, 2018
It was very instrumental in allowing me to learn new skills. I made personal and professional improvements which I really appreciated. The people there were great.
Great Work-life balance
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
Great Company, they gave me the opportunity to advance and learn a new skill. There were plenty of classes that I was able to take to improve and advance my skills.
Greatplace to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, SCAugust 26, 2018
My time at BASF was good. I felt like I was treated fairly and had no complaints. They gave me a job when I needed one and they trained me in all aspects of the job I was doing
Pros
Good people
Cons
All weather conditions to deal witg
Basf
Global Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2018
It was a good place to work. They are very structured in roles and responsibilities and have a defined chain of command.

Relocation is a must to be promoted.
Good atmosphere
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 22, 2018
Overall a company with a family atmosphere. Management is present and willing to make changes base upon safety hazards or risk to employees. Company is willing to work with employees to maintain a good work life balance.
I loved working with them
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I wish I was still wrking there I had great co worker and every one was team players even when the slow time came we made it way we had enough wrk too last us for the hold day
Hard
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 20, 2018
It is a good paying job and great benefits. But if you looking to enjoy your job this is not the place. you may like what you do as I do but the people are bitter and your shift managers don't give a Dam about no one but them self unless its good gossip. As long as you keep your nose clean and head down you do well. But you better not mess up or your out! If you just want to work and not have work friends this is ok. But if your normal and don't like clicks then adjusting is difficult. The upper Managment team is Great but there few. The Engineer team here Sucks! Some have a terrible attitude and to some you come across as your ignorant when they speak to you and they always know best but can not do the process them self.
But on the Brighter side of things, the Coffee Is free!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
extremely stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight