BASF Employee Reviews

Great Company
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 11, 2018
Great pay and benefits, worst rotating continuous schedule. The schedule causes tension between management and Employees, and worst of all tension between employees themselves. No work life balance. 7 days on first shift off 1 day, 7 days on second shift off 1 day, 7 days on 3rd shift off 4 days. My job unfortunately controls every aspect of my life due to the amount of time I am there and the complexity of scheduling personal matters around my work schedule. But a great group of people to work for, the potential for being the best job is in hands reach.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Schedule, incentives
Great Job, Bad Culture
laborer (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHAugust 7, 2018
Great job to have, great pay, nice location, great benefits, some good co-workers that will help you, need's better communication from management, a lot of complaining and bickering among union worker's.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Some good co-workers, Ppe, Union shop.
Cons
Short breaks, Bad culture among worker's, No diversity, Back stabbing
Excellent company to work for.
MAINTENANCE & ENG MANAGER (Former Employee) –  BahiaAugust 6, 2018
Even though I left BASF a long time ago, I presume the company still has the same high quality for its employees, which is an great work environment. People are friendly and cooperative.
Productive workplace with fantastic culture and people
Operations Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIAugust 4, 2018
BASF has the best company culture of all the companies I have worked at. They work extremely hard to keep their employees and their processes safe through training on procedures and culture. BASF has cultivated an excellent team of collaborative engineers that are each experts in their specific fields. Everyone is extremely helpful and willing to teach anyone about their job, and are willing to help others succeed no matter what.
12 hour day
Finish mix operator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 3, 2018
I have leaned I am very adept at working in high stress environments.

Management works very hard at accomplishing the tasks at hand with little upper management support
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Limited future
Productive Workplace
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 1, 2018
Excellent corporation with strong focus on core businesses. Good compensation program with solid benefits in medical, dental, and vision together with life insurance and 401K.
Opportunities for personal growth
Contract Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIAugust 1, 2018
Do you want respect in an important role that adds value and has significant responsibilities? Do you want to be paid well to do it? Apply for a job at this company.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay and benefits
Cons
Don't be like me and live an hour from where you work.
A typical day
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Gordon, GAJuly 30, 2018
I processed raw material routinely every 4 hours. You also check other raw material for changeovers, tanks samples, spray dryer samples. Every shift has a set of standards that must be run daily
Good, laid back work Environment
Laboratory Technician III (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
Studied properties on superabsorbant polymers. The company has a very accommodating schedule policy and you are allowed to work at your own pace with very little, to no supervision.
Not a good place to work
Chemical Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJuly 29, 2018
Work is great management is horrible will lie to you about anything will not help you move up in the company make you do they job as well and if you don’t they will just end your employment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
very reputable company to work for.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 25, 2018
in the time I spent with the company BASF, they sent me on paid training with meals included and in addition to being a reputable company they were also a friendly family oriented work environment.
Pros
free lunches, paid training
Cons
alot of competition
Outstanding company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJuly 18, 2018
Provided excellent opportunity to learn and advance.

Provided challenging and rewarding work environment.

Deeply committed to employee safety.

Provided excellent compensation.
Productive place to work
Coatings Field Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2018
Good company with good people. Sometimes stressful but overall a good place to work. No work life balance at all. Easily worked 50+ hours and 6 days every week. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Co workers and free food
Cons
Work life balance
Livonia Site Managers are the problem
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 12, 2018
The company as a whole is great, but the management team is extremely underhanded. They will routinely lie to your face when asked simple questions about your standing and/or potential for advancement. They have no real concern for your well-being outside of how it benefits them within the company. My advice: if you are looking for a job at BASF and live in Michigan, apply at the Wyandotte site. Avoid dealing with these managers at all costs.
Cons
I loved the managment, it really felt like a family.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJuly 5, 2018
Best place I've worked at in .y life. I was deeply upset when I had to leave. Everyone there was like a family to me. I still talk to most of them. I want to get into a position where it feels the same.
Good Company
Summer hire for Controlling (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJuly 2, 2018
In my time there, I had no complaints. The people are wonderful, and the workload is proper. There is company sponsored events you can take part of, as well as catered meetings.
Too many oppressive rules and policies. Not fun to work here anymore.
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 1, 2018
1. BASF hands will soon be required to fill out STAC cards for every job.

2. BASF gives you no time to prepare for a storm if you're a maintenance hand. You will be at the plant hours before the storm hits. (We're in Freeport TX.)

3. We are continuously lied to by management and deceived in an effort to retain employees.

4. Workers are harassed by safety on a daily basis.

5. If you like to dread coming to work everyday, this is the place for you, otherwise look somewhere else.

6. During hurricane Harvey, we were forced to work in a plant day and night that had no running water (unsanitary conditions)

7. Unless you have a bachelor's degree or are a manager, nobody cares what you think. You are nothing more than a robot to them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor workplace
overall a good safe place to work with a yung crowd and knowledgable staff
Sr Logistics Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2018
Overall a great place to work , people are very professional,
fun young group .
I was on a contract for maternity leave for only 6 months
but the culture was very laid back and management are good and solid , people who have been working there for more than 20years.
Pros
good quality jobs
Cons
not to many positions to grow
cut throat
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 27, 2018
No concern for safety---preach but don't practice it. Majority of employees are only out for themselves and will do whatever it takes to advance (which there is little or no possibility).
Tough working 12 hour shifts but 4 days off (when allowed) are awesome.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
extremely unsafe working conditions; tough working 12 hour shifts (esp at night)
Decent pay, good benefits
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJune 25, 2018
Overall, not a bad place to work. The company offers a fantastic benefits package and decent starting pay. There are also plenty of growth opportunities within the company as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.