Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall Bashas' is a good company to work for
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2018
Bashas' is family oriented, they always understand if you need to leave because of a family emergency and they really try and make it so that you are not missing out on family activities. The last couple years though this company have become top heavy, where there are many supervisors or managers in the corporate level so communication is lacking. There is a new vice president and I truly believe she will be doing some great things and changing a lot of the systems and procedures. It does take time and it is a competitive market out there for retail.
Best job so far
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2018
Work wasn't too stressful aside from busy days. Solid management and co workers. I was part time and never received paid time off or employee benefits.
Productive Fast Learning Energetic
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 11, 2018
Liked My Job,Is Just The Hours That Sucks,Like Meeting New People Some Customers Can Be A Handful,Love Working with my co-workers There lot To learn but very easy once you get to know the routine. management very friendly easy to get along with. Loved my job didn`t like the hours.
A great place if you like people and great patience for loud bosses
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whiteriver, AZ 85941August 7, 2018
Making customers feel welcomed was a great part of the time there. weekly pay helped to know what to expect. as long as you have a smile and don't want to cheat the customers you'll have a great time
Great place to work, just doesn't pay well
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZJuly 25, 2018
The one thing I didnt like was the fact that they didn't have set hours . Your schedule was always different. Also, they would cut back hours, schedule a single person for 8 hours. i don't know how they can be successful and not have some sort of consistency. And when we would be busy, that's when they would have only cashier from 6-2;30 with the bookkeeper being used as a a back up cashier.
Pros
I met alot of great people. I made a few friends
Cons
over worked and under paid
Like walmart it is a fast pace job
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 20, 2018
I think bashas is an ok company to work for i just wish for the type of work we do .i wish the pay was better and our days off were 2 days back to back instead of the rotating schedule other than that i enjoy the fast pace makes the day go faster.
Pros
Its an ok paying job for now.
Cons
I wish pay was better and days off werent split.
Good place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Catalina, AZJuly 19, 2018
A work day at Bashas was very busy and you need to have good customer service skills. The management team was still in training while working at the the Deli. The Director of the store was fair and understood me very well.
Fast-paced and interpersonal customer service job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
Good customer service makes a difference at Bashas'. If you serve your customers with respect and gratitude, this attitude will be reflected. This company is family-oriented and will work around your education or family issues if needed. They value education and personal life.
Pros
Member discount, teamwork, holiday meals in break room
Cons
short breaks, work holidays & weekends
Extremely long hours and daily work
Lead Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carefree, AZJuly 9, 2018
I performed both as the day time culinary cook and as the lead assistant manager. It was stressful. I was hired because the Deli was failing Health and Safety and it was my main objective to completely correct this.I left after a year of in control Health and Safety assessments and recruitment to Sprouts .
Pros
I learned culinary skills beyond my previous skills.
Cons
long hours and continued employee turn over
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2018
Bashas taught me everything ok know about great customer service!
I started in the bakery making 6.56hr. Within 2 years I worked all over the store making 13.56he! Loved it!
typical bakery closer day
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Payson, AZJune 28, 2018
my typical day as a closer to help customers and do lots of clean and package bread and cookies. do dishes, sweep and close the bakery. the bakery management doesn't know how to run the bakery the right way. so if you want to be yelled at everytime you work then this place is for you.
Pros
you can get a little bonus every 300 hr or so
Cons
bad manager and not well run bakery
Would not recommend it
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 13, 2018
Was a great company to work for in the beginning. But it seemed to have gotten worse over the years. It was a family oriented place to begin with, but, that eventually went away.
Company falling into bankruptcy changed everything
Dry Warehouse Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 2, 2018
The culture of the company changed dramatically when the company had to go through bankruptcy. For the most part many of its best management was asked to leave or could no longer afford to remain.
Pros
Small consistent pace
Cons
Change in management
Good hours
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2018
Company had good hours, friendly people and some management was great. You could end up working at some of there other stores as I did. Some of the people who have worked there have been there along time, so its a good place to work.
Fast paced environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 21, 2018
If you work here as an order selector expect to work anywhere from 40 to 50 hours a week, overtime is in abundance during the holiday season. There's really no advancement but the pay is good.
Tough place to work
Deli Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
Very demanding workplace. Often short staffed. Poor refrigeration and freezer space for deli. Many long time employees that do not pull their weight.
Pros
Seeing regular customers
Cons
Piped in music
Good entry level job/career
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZ , Scottsdale, AZ, Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
Bashas’ is a decent Arizona based grocery store that likes to focus on customer satisfaction and rewards their employees for WOW performance which is their acronym for above and beyond job performance. They appreciate employees who go out of their way to make it right with the customer as well as do what they need to in order to get the job done efficiently.
Pros
Breaks, employee discount, benefits, family environment
Good Temp. Job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 23, 2018
If your a teen looking for a part- time job, becoming a Courtesy Clerk at Bashas is a good start. They offer shifts that start at 4 PM and end around 8-9 PM. The night shift is usually fast paced, and you will be on your feet a lot. The other employees and the managers are for the most part friendly, as long as you are not messing around or goofing off.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly Work place
Cons
Short Breaks, Usually won't get off of work at scheduled time
Fast paced workplace
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 22, 2018
My typical day starts with checking emails, sales and labor. I then go around the store, say good morning to members and plan my day as what i observe.

I have learned there are different personalities of customers and members and one must listen to solve problems.

The hardest part of my job is when people call in and no one is available to cover. This puts a strain on customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to appreciate the customers and members.
Pros
Full-time and insurance
Cons
Difficult to advance, not a lot of movement in upper management
n/a
Assistant customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 11, 2018
good place to work however the pay rate has not increased accordingly with the minimum wage increase. Management is very knowledgeable about the industry