Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed the customers, and it felt like home here. They worked with my schedule, especially when i was in school. Before i was full time, they did restrict my hours to avoid having to provide ins.
Stressfull and poor managment
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2019
Nobody was working as a team the put out your was unreasonable and there is loads of favoritism. The manager tells you to stop your work to do something else then yells at you for not getting your original work done.
No career opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2019
Good job for time being, but nothing long term. Managers lie and tell you what you want to hear. Turn over rate extremely high. Better then most grocery companies tho, but at the end of the day retail is retail. It all kinda sucks.
Pros
40 hours a week if a manager. Paid time off, decent benefits.
Cons
Small company so no room to advance.
Bashas
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 12, 2019
Working with Bashas was a great first work experience. Greeting different people each day has made it easier and more comfortable for me to talk to everyday people when needed. Great working environment and friendly co workers
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive Workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peridot, AZMarch 10, 2019
Need to get your foot in the workforce? This is a good place to start! Bashas provides for your community and provides for you so do expect good hospitality from your manager or other employees!
Pros
401k Plan
Cons
Rude coworkers
Your Store is Like Family- Not Corporate
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 2, 2019
I loved the people I worked with, and had a great time doing so- but when corporate said we were getting too many hours, they chopped our hours in half. I couldn’t afford to live in my already cheap apartment anymore- so I had to leave in search of a job with more hours.
People leave quiet often at this job too. Turn over is quiet high for cashiers and courtesy clerks.
Pros
Fun Work Enviroment
Cons
Inconsistent Work Hours
Lack of manager support
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 21, 2019
I really like working here in the deli. My deli manager is awesome! And most of my co-workers are okay. Unfortunately the store manager does not see the potential in valuable employees such as myself and I have to find a job where I can obtain health care benefits. There is definite favoritism shown by both managers and other employees. Not everyone is treated equal. My main disappointment with this job is lack of support from store managers along with ability to get hired "full time" when working full time hours. Also a few long time employees at the store I work have only negative things to say about Bashas' in general which leads me to believe I don't want to stick around.
Pros
Great deli manager (my direct boss). Have met some great people!
Cons
Not much chance for full time. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Major gossip enviornment!
Not worth it
Bakery Clerk/Night Crew Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZFebruary 15, 2019
This job requires more effort than paid for just as any real entry level job. Do not go in expecting them to care for you, it is more about the company than the employee at all times.
Productive but stressful
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2019
Bashas is a great place to work but sadly not everyone there has great work ethic so it leads to the good having to pick up slack. Other than that it’s a fair place to work
Hectic,stressful, no two days alike.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2019
Unrealistic work goals
Stressful environment
Very little room for error
Always being asked to do more than what you were hired for and what you're trained for.
Inconsistent hours
Pros
Done by Noon
Cons
Inconsistent hours

Want to know more about Bashas' Supermarkets?

Ask a question
Meh
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2019
Nobody gets raises and there is minimal room for growth. Upper management is unsupportive and each job is thankless. However, there is a lot of flexibility so that does count for something.
Wonderful, fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMJanuary 23, 2019
The work environment is great if you like competiveness in the work area. The hours are flexible enough to fit your schedule and the management works hard to help you improve your job skills.
Pros
10% member discount
Cons
Part-time job
Quite atmosphere - Great Management
Financials Developer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85248January 17, 2019
Small busy it shop with a lots of great people. Very supportive and encouragement management. Great learning experience and opportunity to grow on the IT field.
Pros
Flexible Hours - Supportive staff
Cons
Low pay
The most terrible place that I worked at in my life
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at basha's distribution center would consist of racist managers that show favoritism towards anyone who is not black or white, if your not Mexican this would not be a good place for you, they really need to diversify there management one black guy and the rest are the same race, They use every reason to write you up, they watch you like your gonna steal something. the turnover here is terrible! because of the management. This is by far the worst job I had in my life!
Pros
30 min lunch break
Great College Job
Night Replenishment Crew (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 8, 2019
Store has opportunities for growth while in school and could be a career company to work with. Always felt like I was part of the Bashas Family where the owner actually shopped in my store.
Work enviroment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Bashas' was a very uplifting work enviroment. Other employee's always trying and doing their absolute best to make you feel welcomed and were always very helpful when needed.
A easy job 4 menial pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2018
Bashas is your average supermarket chain. You are a cashier there you are there to do a job and you get paid minimum wage or maybe a little bit more to do so. There is small advancement opportunities into Management & Beyond possibly but even that does not pay too well. It's a good work environment and they treat their employees well but I do not recommend staying for a lifetime.
Pros
Flexible hours and weekly pay
Cons
Poor job security
Productive, fast past, friendly/family like with customers
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2018
Bashas was a Family owned business always cared for their employees and customers. Reasonable with hours and scheduling. Always opportunities to move up
Pros
Flexibility scheduling
Cons
Not enough employees
Good lace to work if you need a second job or going to school
Apprentice Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2018
Good palce to work, as co-workers are a blast to work with, most management were very resourceful, helpful, and will have your back if you you are a productive employee. Savings and pension plans were not that great. Job is not hard just time consuming and monotonous.
poorly managed
Meat/produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 5, 2018
The business as a whole is poorly managed. Worker input is rarely asked for or considered. It is a great job if you do not intend on making it a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.