Bashas' Supermarkets
67Average

Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

United States442 reviews
Working at Basha's was not bad. From 5pm-7pm is when it becomes quite stressful with all the people that pack the shop in that time frame. The good thing that working at Basha's gets you, is having Employee discounts.
Pros
Employee Discount on goods
Cons
Short breaks
Expect to be short staffed and that customers
Do not care. Work overtime without them asking you. Stay late and come in early. Raises are a joke 50 cents for 300 hours
Pros
5 percent discount
Cons
Healthcare sucks
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Bashas' Supermarkets was great!

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Bashas' Supermarkets are appropriate for experience

Overall

My experience working at Bashas' Supermarkets fit my expectations
Honestly this place is a joke and the management is lazy. They don't appreciate the hard work that you put in. No opportunity for getting a higher position. I would not reccomend working here at all.
Pros
Weekly pay, easy
Cons
No benefits if part time, management is poor
Very unpleasant, "dont do as i do, do as i say" supervisor. Didnt know when her next unreasonable request or outburst we ould come. Rare compliments for anh of the staff. NEVER accepted personal responsibility. Questionable views on race.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
manager and district staff
It was ok. Had a couple coworkers who didnt like me. I was fine with it until they started giving me a hard time. Managemnet was good but unwilling yo give me sundays off for religous reasons.
Pros
Discounted lunch and products
Cons
Difficult staff
I was shoved made fun of and called all kinds of names in discriminated against for my skin color and religion. I was bullied by Antonio. I was chased and beat up out of the job.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work.
I was asked to do more than others in my department. Assistant manager is worthless, clueless a racist and plays favorites. Walked in circles most of the day and only did work when manager on duty.
Manager encourages cliques, gossip and overall is not an intelligent person and doesn't actually know how to run a bistro to get the most out of product and people. I was subjected to harassment, racism, unfair hours and complete b.s on a daily basis. And the pay sucks!
Pros
Some co workers were hard working people
Cons
Everything they do- cheap, will retaliate on complaints
Working for bash was a great learning experience. It has taught me alot of life skills and enhanced my customer service experience. Management was always looking out for the employees
This company is great until you disagree with one of the MANY supervisors. Then no matter how good you are at your job they find a way to push you out
Pros
Lenient policies and rules.
Cons
Too much oversight and bosses aren’t consistent
Really cares about their employees. Works great around my school schedule and life schedule. Employees recieve store discounts and other benefits. Highly recommend.
Cons
it gave me a sense of feeling apart of a family in a company, i was able to advance into meat department and raise or more hours if i wanted, i was able to meet and deal with different personalities in people
Pros
i can work well people
Cons
cleaning toilets
They over worked and weren’t understanding of people and their lives, the management doesn’t care to help make you successful, they only looked out for themselves, they don’t help out eather, also too for growth is almost impossible
Good company with good people with good intentions and I really liked the management. The night managers who I often worked with were awesome and I could tell they were real friends.
I was the closer for the meat department. my job was to make sure machines were clean, restocking, helping customers, and closing shop. Management was good, but the job was part time so i found something that paid more.
I was paid well but no work life balance. They weren't a work friendly environment . The Bakery supervisor was very discriminating. I worked many extra hours at her demand and it was never enough for her.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management
Loved the people and the work a lot of fun .working on new as well very old equipment .it was my job to make their jobs easier I learned something new every day .
Struggle with letting workers gain more hours to benefit family and and store deadlines. When pressure is on you it’s hard to stay positive. More time the more safe the work will be
Bad company, really doesn’t care about the employees. Cut pay and increased hours for the sake of the company. Was told on a few times that I was lucky to have a job with them.
Don't work here if you want to make money. Very poor pay. No raises. My manager does not make me feel appreciated at all. It's different at every store.
I enjoyed working at Bashas'. The co workers were friendly and management is good. Customers can be a little unfriendly at times but mostly enjoyed working here.