Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Unfortunately, there are a bunch of an experience managers with no human relations skills!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  44th Street CamelbackDecember 1, 2018
My tip is to have corporate visit each and every one of their stores to make sure that there are no hazards for the employees that are waiting to be fixed over a year or 10 years over 20 years. I also wish that the corporate would not allow family and friends to be hired and their company, the reason for this is there's too much favoritism
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
Management management management so bad it is a joke
Not my favorite job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZ 86336October 17, 2018
Management wasn't great about talking to workers who weren't doing their jobs and it lead to other workers having to pick up the slack. Unless you worked the mornings, most of your day was spent outside trying to pull in all the carts, for 6 hours a day usually. There where little breaks to stay hydrated and certain managers would get upset if you where inside getting water. I had been followed around by a guy on multiple occasions and they only did something about it once despite me expressing my discomfort.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced
Cashier, Deposit Clerk, Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 13, 2018
I worked for Bashas' for years. I love working there until they found themselves in financial problems and they started closing down the stores. I did enjoy my time there, but had to leave, as I could not take the chance of being laid off.

I was very disappointed that after years, I did not even receive a thank you card or anything from our Corporate office when I left. I was very disappointed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Worked with School Schedules
Cons
Store being open on all holidays. We were no longer able to enjoy holidays with our family.
favoritism is prevalent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kayenta, AZOctober 11, 2018
the hardest part about working here was the fact that the store director has her favorites and discriminates with no hesitation, While working their i was harassed discriminated against and set up for failure with my knowledge. very shady ion the store directors behalf. was unpaid for some shifts and was not given raises when i was entitled t them. very poorly managed,
Primarily good people to work with.
Don't care to comment. (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85244November 23, 2018
Half of the management team is in their position because of being a relative or a friend. Half of the management team are productive and good leaders. They have a tendency to promote just because it's someone's turn and not because they are the most qualified.
Pros
Good benefits, family environment.
Cons
Partial to family and friends.
In the past, Bashas' was a wonderful place to work
Bookkeeper/cashier (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 31, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Bashas'. I loved the fact that they used to reward loyalty, seniority and dedication. I went from being a member to an employee. Seniority and dedication seemed to no longer be of importance.
Pros
5 weeks vacation
Cons
seniority, loyalty, experience, and dedication have lost their value
Overall Bashas' is a good company to work for
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2018
Bashas' is family oriented, they always understand if you need to leave because of a family emergency and they really try and make it so that you are not missing out on family activities. The last couple years though this company have become top heavy, where there are many supervisors or managers in the corporate level so communication is lacking. There is a new vice president and I truly believe she will be doing some great things and changing a lot of the systems and procedures. It does take time and it is a competitive market out there for retail.
Slow but standardize
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chinle, AZAugust 14, 2018
A typical day at work will be slow and tedious.
I learned how to operate a scrubber machine, buff machine, and wax floors.
Management is on top of paperwork and inspection.
The workplace culture is traditional.
The hardest part of the job is staying clean.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No rest time and floor manager observes your work.
Great place to work, just doesn't pay well
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZJuly 25, 2018
The one thing I didnt like was the fact that they didn't have set hours . Your schedule was always different. Also, they would cut back hours, schedule a single person for 8 hours. i don't know how they can be successful and not have some sort of consistency. And when we would be busy, that's when they would have only cashier from 6-2;30 with the bookkeeper being used as a a back up cashier.
Pros
I met alot of great people. I made a few friends
Cons
over worked and under paid
Awkward and Somewhat Uncomfortable
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZOctober 4, 2018
I was injured on the job once and the manager on duty just sent me home without asking what had happened or if I was ok. It wasn't until the next day when I had called in from said injury that they finally asked about the incident and sent me to a hospital to be checked.
Fast-paced and interpersonal customer service job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
Good customer service makes a difference at Bashas'. If you serve your customers with respect and gratitude, this attitude will be reflected. This company is family-oriented and will work around your education or family issues if needed. They value education and personal life.
Pros
Member discount, teamwork, holiday meals in break room
Cons
short breaks, work holidays & weekends
A Good first job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 8, 2018
Basha's is a great place to work for those who are starting out with their first job. The management was really great and were always willing to help employees. The work itself was simple enough, but coupled with the heat of the desert, made it difficult in the summer.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
inconsistent hours
Extremely long hours and daily work
Lead Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carefree, AZJuly 9, 2018
I performed both as the day time culinary cook and as the lead assistant manager. It was stressful. I was hired because the Deli was failing Health and Safety and it was my main objective to completely correct this.I left after a year of in control Health and Safety assessments and recruitment to Sprouts .
Pros
I learned culinary skills beyond my previous skills.
Cons
long hours and continued employee turn over
Overall good company to work for
2nd Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZOctober 13, 2018
I have enjoyed working for the company for the last 17 years. Generally friendly employees and good customers. Bashas is a local company so it draws a decent amount of people because they know their money will go towards local things.
Bashas is a great place to work at
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2018
Staff and management are very friendly and can work as a team to get the job done. Everyone is super friendly and very supportive. Managers are very understanding and can cooperate with your schedules.
Pros
5 dollars off 15 dollars, discounted lunch
Cons
Depending on the day it might be busy
No advancement not enough pay
Lumper-Forklift Operator-Unloader-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Not enough pay for the job title that is required to you.Not enough help with heavy loads .Hardly any help with managers such as management training.Learn and do it yourself type of workplace.
Pros
Sometimes shorter lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Like walmart it is a fast pace job
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 20, 2018
I think bashas is an ok company to work for i just wish for the type of work we do .i wish the pay was better and our days off were 2 days back to back instead of the rotating schedule other than that i enjoy the fast pace makes the day go faster.
Pros
Its an ok paying job for now.
Cons
I wish pay was better and days off werent split.
typical bakery closer day
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Payson, AZJune 28, 2018
my typical day as a closer to help customers and do lots of clean and package bread and cookies. do dishes, sweep and close the bakery. the bakery management doesn't know how to run the bakery the right way. so if you want to be yelled at everytime you work then this place is for you.
Pros
you can get a little bonus every 300 hr or so
Cons
bad manager and not well run bakery
Productive Fast Learning Energetic
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 11, 2018
Liked My Job,Is Just The Hours That Sucks,Like Meeting New People Some Customers Can Be A Handful,Love Working with my co-workers There lot To learn but very easy once you get to know the routine. management very friendly easy to get along with. Loved my job didn`t like the hours.
It is a productive and a fun place to work. I just want to look for oppurtunity somewhere else.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2018
There is no oppurtunity to advance my career. For the five years I worked it has been 4 hours every other week. I am leaving to look for a different challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about