Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Good Job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 2, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for Bashas'. I really enjoyed my fellow managers and my employees. I learned a lot about being a GREAT manager. The pay for the position that I held was the best around. The benefits were GREAT!
Pros
Discount on Groceries
Cons
Limited promotions
Fast Pace High Demand
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85248December 14, 2017
Lot's of room for Transfer although not family friendly for members at store level as balance between work and home. Lot's of members do make it work as lot's of people have been with the company 20+ years
Great opportunity company.
Cashier, Customer Service, Management (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 19, 2017
I enjoy my job very much. I love working with the public, people are so fun. I had good manager that would work with you to help your career with the company.
Pros
great people to work with and customers
Cons
sometimes many hours
Basic work environment with holes inside and out within team members but an overall successful company
Courtesy Clerk/Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 19, 2017
The job gave me a lot of insight into people and how they act, it also built my communication skills. The environment was stable and I was always able to get work done.
Poor management.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2017
Management is terrible Their expectations are ridiculous. they'll expect you too work 60hrs a week with only a 45 hour limitations
They suck Seriously
It's ok
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2017
Job security is good if been there a long time
It's ok. Very fair place. Corporate is ok. A lot of pressure but understating mmmmm mm mmmmm mmmm mmm mmmm mmmm mmm mmm mm m mm m mm m m
Pros
It keep up with union rules. Fair to employees
Cons
The pay is low compare to competition
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZNovember 12, 2017
Not my favorite place to work. Poor communication and understanding. They want to hire you for only part time but work you 40 hours. I've never ever worked anywhere that does this.
Cons
Good for someone that needs P.T. work, likes to work weekends and no set days off.
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Avondale, ArizonaNovember 8, 2017
Over the counter meat sales on a daily basis. Cleanup started with meatsaws . Scrubbed pots from deli products baking Hamburger machine cleanup....
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No steady breaks, No Full time positions .No cost of living raise.
Very poor place to work for based on my
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
On my experience working for Bashas it was a poorly managed and very stressful place to work for didn't feel like I met expectations that seemed to be way too high for somebody just starting out when you would just ask questions to make sure you're getting things right where you're moving a little slower because you're trying to do a good job you're getting glares and criticism Ford not going as fast as they want you to when they've been there for 5 years and you've been there for not even a month kind of ridiculous.
Not bad of a place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Crownpoint, NM 87313October 20, 2017
Management is a bit rocky. No one is willing to work with you or the customers. Every seems to be in a bad mood. Don't get paid enough for the work you do. Hardest part of the job is teamwork, There's not a good foundation of working together.
Pros
Cons
work hard but with cheap pay
Good Place to Start
Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Bashas' is an ok company. This is retail so Job/Life balance will be hard. Bashas' was a family business along time ago and now it is running like a corporation. The good old days are gone, but is it needed for advancement.
All drama,dysfunction 24/7
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2017
I was sent to work @ the Tempe store when I live in East Mesa.I could not advance or transfer but they did for other people--it's who you know outside of work @ this place.I also got blamed for mistakes my co-worker made when she was hungover--management was work buddies outside work with her.Quickly I began to not want to be with their drama.
Pros
Love my customers
Cons
Poor Management All Around Entire Store
Workplace
Night crew (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2017
The time
I worked at bashas was great I just wasn't getting enough hours. The people are friendly and it's a good place to work as a first job. Bu tI went to school be become a Medical Assistant now
i have to get a job in that field.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough hours
Great opportunities but poor management
Assistant Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Peridot, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I had the opportunity to get training for customer service, cashier training and in store training for a stocker. I liked working at bashas but the hours were terrible and the management wasn't great leaders in my opinion. I am full time and they gave me the lowest hours available which is 32 hours I haven't had anything above that for over a year.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
relaxed
Night Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Peridot, AZSeptember 12, 2017
a typical day included meeting a greeting with everyone seeing what the talk of the town or store was and over all supporting each other with work and customers
A great place to work in a small town
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMSeptember 12, 2017
This place was great, a lot of managers that helped guide you through the day when you first start working there. Its a work place that will keep you busy because there are always customers all day long with multiple tasks to do.
getting to know different people
Cashier,Scan Coordinator & GM. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work can be slow or busy. Depending on the day it was. I enjoy my work not everyday I cashiered. Working with different kinds of people who needed help speaking spanish. Helping them get by made my day at times. Giving good customer service to the employees ans customer was a good day for me.All my manager are all good people when I needed them their were there for me. If I
needed some help I got help. I got along with all my managers and co-workers. So I wanted to learn to do different things such as scan coordinator. Doing scan coordinator work kept me busy. Making signs and putting up tag throughout the entire store. I love being busy my day goes by fast. Also doing GM. Clerk was something different I learn first I really enjoyed it kept me busy all day. Ordering separating all Items and putting all Items on the shelves. I enjoyed my job got see and meet all kinds of different people. People who just come in to see you just because you give them good customer service made my day.
Cons
no dental or vision care
Good job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZAugust 30, 2017
Worked at the Bashas in Payson. Pretty relaxed location. Deli position included a lot of cleaning and prepping. Worked alone or with one other person for the most part.
It was just O.K.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2017
Every other manager was good, the rest were rude or unwilling to help. Very inflexible with scheduling. It was always inconsistent, ranging from 10 hours to 35. They short staff as well, so if someone needs time off, it screws the whole department. In store training is weak, and it often leaves the new employees clueless, leaving long standing employees more stressful work. Its not uncommon to see employees crying from stress. The turnover rate was unreal, and I would not recommend working here unless you have years experience of deli work.
Pros
15% off after 15 dollar purchase?
Cons
Little to NO BREAK, even with a 10 hour shift. Shifts are inconsistent
Amazing place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZAugust 16, 2017
I cannot say enough positive things about this store. It is truly a phenomenal place to work. Not only do they provide full benefits, they also encourage promotions and advancements within the company
Pros
Family store, full benefits
Cons
Low initial pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.