Basic Energy Services logo
Basic Energy Services
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100Average

Basic Energy Services Employee Reviews

was hoping to retire here

yard closed and no longer work there. Was a good job liked the people I worked with. Think the yard should have stayed open would return if yard opens back up

i will not recommend this company to my worst enemy

You never get a good start time, and they always want to overload the tanks. Nothing is hardly in order and they expect miracles. Way too many stops and pickups for the time frame that you are given. The whole place is micro managed by the fleet manager.

Pros

When they had 401k match but they dont anymore

Cons

Stay away

Good health insurance but poorly managed and lower pay

I believe this place used to be one of the better places to work but went downhill over the last 10 years. The health insurance is great and every position offers paid time off accruing from day one. However the lack of job security, few raises, and uncaring management made it a difficult place to work long term. It’s ran as a typical Corporate company where employees are just a number. All while upper management and executives rake in large bonuses and high salaries, the field office employees take pay cuts and rarely receive raises. There is no sense of family within the company at all. Everyone is out for themselves and only themselves. That mentality is really hard to be a part of for very long.

Pros

Health insurance, paid time off

Cons

Poor management, low morale, employees are treated like just a number

Decent pay/unstable job security

the pay was good but you never knew when they were gonna close down the yard you were working in. I was offered another position but it was over an hour commute one way and the pay wasn't worth it.

Pros

pay

Cons

job security

What can I say?

Coming from company acquired by Basic, the last year has been difficult. Local management is great, however the directions from the corporate level are hard to interpret. Sell, sell, sell all your equipment seems like a strange direction to go. Granted the acquisition took place at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and oilfield bust, I have been through slow times before and this was by far the worst. I was stripped of all computer system access, yet still expected to provide detailed information in extremely timely fashions. Not to mention, sales of equipment were handled at the corporate level with no direction to the field level employees of when the buyers were going to pick equipment up. I better shut up in case I am recognized and put my job on the line....

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Employees

Enjoy working with fellow employees but management is worthless. Company can’t pay vendors and equipment is run down. I wouldNot recommend this company.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

No money and equipment is wore out.

Disorganized company

It’s a lot of favoritism when it’s convenient for the management and they don’t care about seniority.

Cons

Management sucks

Great pay

Basic is a place for single people to work, it requires a lot of your time. They will pay you a great deal of money even without experience. So a lot of new people to the industry you will have to train people constantly. But overall the management does care. But the work completion will always come first.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Extremely long hours away from home.

Decent place to work

It wasn't to bad but the oilfield can be a in and out business. I liked most of the people that worked there. It's tough work but they had decent equipment.

Pros

Decent company

Cons

Hard work

Tough job very rewarding

Meet people from all over the world, everyday is a different day but still the same job. Spontaneous work must be patient and enjoy working outdoors. Lots of travel.

Pros

Great Pay great healthcare

Cons

Never know when you may be called out, time away from Family

Jobs at Basic Energy Services

See more jobs

Not good

I Dont recommend this job if a family man...constantly traveling and never know when days off are. .

Hostle take over

Basic takes over companies and leaves them out to dry. We haven't received raises in years. Corporate doesn't seem to care about the individual just the profit

Go out and fix and maintain oil and gas wells . A lot of out of town work. Good pay depends on experience alot of ot .Work does slow down just make sure to use your pto wisely

Pros

money

Cons

slow down of work

Local management lied to us

Management told us what we were going to get paid and what benefits we were going to get All lies, after we were there found out the hard way. Safety was an absolute joke. The monthly safety meeting was ridiculous. Safety training was supposed to be a 3 to 4 days, was done in less than 1/2 a day. Nothing was done about COVID-19 to protect crews Equipment was embarrassing to take to location. Lost so much work due to the neglect and condition this equipment was in

Pros

Cons

The problem was local management

When its good its good when its bad its bad

Get all the hours you want when oilfield is going. But when things slow down they will try to keep you getting a few extra hours that they dont have ti.

Great work environment

Great work team and great supervisor as well. All team players and resourceful. Great company throughout locations in Texas and Oklahoma. Outside employees in field work were also great.

Work hard play hard

Gear up, rig up and go to work. You drive to the next location, rig up and start fracking and I can tell you its a better company compared to those other companies you expect to be better. The give you bottled water out of a cooler compared to other companies that make you drink water out of a Gatorade jug. They feed you and supply you with a nice hotel until you find a place to stay. If your looking to make more money as a CDL driver do it.

Pros

Money

Cons

None really because I prefer more hours 💰

Good place

While the oil boom last is a good place to be, flexible schedule, benefits and good management. As soon as starts slowing down pay cuts lol. But all oilfield is the same

Pros

Cons

Oil price inestable

Great experience while I was there

I loved working at Basic and wish I hadn’t left. Great work/home life balance. Great people and managers.Old CEO tried growing company too fast. And Quarterly bonuses where pretty small.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Small bonuses

Ok

spent a good amount of years at this company. Pay was good and benefits were great. Lack of home time pushed me away. I met alot of great friends and many moments

It was a job

a smaller company to work for than Halliburton and pro petro. Was always disorganized and had little things planned out. It was definitely a learning experience.

Pros

all the hours you can handle

Cons

Rarely have a schedule, and very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Basic Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Basic Energy Services with