Basic Energy Services Employee Reviews

Lies
Lead Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 19, 2018
This company lied to me the whole time I worked there. They always want you to do your job and 2 other peoples job. They treat the rig hands like garbage. They are all about you making them money but when you ask for a raise they aren’t making any money. I have been told that I was number 14 mechanic that went through that office in less than a decade.
Cons
No 401k match, constantly lying, never happy
liked the people i worked with.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Electra, TX 76360April 8, 2018
never did what they told us they were going to do. Like hiring more help. Instead they exspected you to do your job plus two other persons jobs that were not even there, with out a pay raise
Pros
Bbqs
Cons
under paid and over worked
ok
Snubbing Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXFebruary 23, 2018
was good place to work friendly environments to conduct work
mamagers and office personal could have been a little strongermany issues with receiving correct pay
Fair
Floor Hand/Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 20, 2018
Overall good place to begin a career . If willing to understand the oilfield industry and always a place to grow. They provide good safety skills and meetings monthly to help build a career for what you are seeking.
Good Job
Winch Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Basic Energy Services is definitely a good place to work. They take good care of their drivers. They could however do better at keeping their equipment and trucks in better condition.
Excellent
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Great team to work for!!! Excellent Management!!! Extremely knowledgeable in the Oil and Gas Industry!!! Customer and Employee friendly!!! I would work for them again!!!
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Economy
Productive fun work place
Derrick Hand/Driller (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Worked Derricks did jas safety first good communication complete all task as safe posible
Learn on operate rig had a good mentor by my side watch everyone’s safety
Pros
Good luch
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Hard job but really interesting when you get to know what your doing. I would recommend any who needs a job to work there. Good money if your a hard worker.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Work late
Hardwork and Productive
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 23, 2018
A very high paced job ,you got to think about safety all the time .It is room to grow to be in management in the oilfield industry. The most part I enjoy is the hard work because it keeps you in good shape.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Days Off
Unprofessional, inexperienced management
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Unstable line of work... poor management and no chance for advancement or raises. Work environment is extremely unprofessional. You have to pay $100/ mo to park and not given a choice. Would not recommend this company
Pros
Near restaurants and downtown area with a park
Cons
poor management, unprofessional work environment, no raises

Want to know more about Basic Energy Services?

Ask a question
Stability when it matters most
F.M.S Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Basic Energy like all large corporations has its positives and negatives. Yes there are some that are easier to work with than others, but name me one place of employment that does not apply too. The most important thing to note is the assets owned, development of, and years of expirience by upper management in the Permian Basin. These are extremely important things to consider if your are looking for a career. In the latest down turn I was working for Basic. I had two pay periods when I made under 40 hours. 90% of competing companys had almost a year or more of barely making it. I moved up in position and was able to see numbers. We where literally doing work at such a low profit margin it was just enough to keep our doors open and drivers working steady to be able to take care of there familys. No one was laid off. We set hooks in areas that had previously been done by competion because of dropping our prices. This was not a 3 move checkmate. It was a strategic move for the future when prices of oil went up. We made next to nothing company wise but kept employees and expanded our customer base. Now we are growing leaps and bounds, and that expirience by upper management I spoke of early set the foundation for it. Now smart investment is in the works. Which means higher profit margin, which means more pay and opportunity for growth with in the company. My point is, if you want a good job with a stable company in the ups and most importantly downs. Basic Energy should be on your list of options.
Pros
For those with desire to work. Plenty of work
Cons
For those with not quite so much desire. Plenty of work
Decent palce to work at
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Was laid off due to the climate of the oil and gas business.
Good place to work, decent manager, however the upper management is a bully and would holler in your face in front of everyone.
Pros
frre lunches
Cons
no many
stressful
Derrickman (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 17, 2018
stressful and poor management they pay very little for the work you do co workers are nice and good to work with but the supervision lacks in experiance
Yard was very busy
Dispatcher/Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Long work days. Pay raises were non-existent. Co-workers were very helpful when problems arose. Did have good education on new jobs. Benefits were very good for employees.
productive work place that was about buisness
Rig Hand (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2018
management and supervisors are always there to help and everyone plays as a team. We all get along which makes the workplace that much better for everyone.
Pros
pardium
Cons
long days
Does not appreciate employees
STAFF ASSISTANT/DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Basic use to be a place where employees were valued. Over the years that I have worked for basic, the less employees were valued and loyalty did not mean anything to them. I would not recommend working for basic in this area.
Basic Energy
Floorhand and Lead Tongs Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Working in the oil industry is very demanding both physically and from family time. However, there is a great sense of camaraderie within the crew. Coworkers definitely make the job enjoyable.
Would not recommend
Lead Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXDecember 22, 2017
Poor management. Accident prone . Preach safety, but want job done no matter what. Say they will have your back, but do not. Could not keep enough work.
Pros
worked outside
Cons
not enough hours
Very productive workplace to work
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXDecember 14, 2017
Well while I worked for Basic Snyder yard as a pretty laud back the gave frequent breaks epically in the summer time they kept up to date with equipment We had safty meetings regular daddy man was always around to keep everything running properly jus he good company to work for
Pros
We had frequent breaks
When the oil field is good, it is good. When it is bad, it is bad.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 10, 2017
Depending on management will depend on your work environment. If you have a fair and compassionate manager, your work environment will be enjoyable. However, if you have an unfair and selfish manager, you're work environment will be biased and hostile.