BASIS Educational Group Employee Reviews

Managment severely lacking
Administration (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 9, 2018
What was stated as the expectation and what was actually expected were two totally different things. I was broughtin to change certain things and was not afforded the opportunity to do that. Managment was grossly inept and if you didn’t fall in line with their every wish, you were black-listed.
Pros
Co-workers were competent and supportive
Cons
Managment
Basis
Director of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2018
BASIS was a great place to work.The students and parents were wonderful. I would suggest anyone wanting a better education for their student to check in to BASIS.
Productive Working Place
Student Advocate Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2018
I like working at Basis, however the pressure you have and the work environment is not a good place or fit for me. I wanted to be in a more well rounded place where I enjoy coming to work each day. A
Pros
Great health plans, love my colleges and team, work together to get the job done.
BASIS.ed is a great company to work for
Director of Finance and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 3, 2018
The company really cares about its employees. The company has great culture and work environment. BASIS.ed Paid Time Off is one of the best I've ever seen.
Productive place to work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 10, 2017
Great job for learning how to multi-task and getting used things always changing. There are a lot of great leaders/managers who try to develop you, but you must be able to adapt to constant changes.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no one is ever on the same page
Watch your back
Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2017
The only way to stay at basis Oro Valley is to please the director. It doesn't matter how smart you are. If she doesn't like you, then you are out. The cultural diversity doesn't happen to be a basis thing. For example, I am the only Black teacher at Basis.
Owners need to open eyes and clean out all head of departments
Finance (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2017
Culture is terrible. They expect 60-70 hours a week standard with constant added responsibility with no further compensation. Work is pushed down from the top so your doing that persons job on top of your own while they take the credit for everything. Walking the halls you can visibly see how miserable people are yet not one top person cares enough to look into it. Try voicing there is a problem or try to fix issues and you're labeled a complainer. Very sad actually. There are many dedicated, intelligent employees but they are not appreciated and get burnt out.
Pros
Cafe is stocked with food.
Cons
Management is terrible across the board at corporate. Salaries are below state average. No reviews, raises or bonuses unless your management
They have a ways to go
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2017
Potential of being a great company but have a lot to learn as they step into the Corporate world. Work culture is carefree but they still have a Mom & Pop type mindset trying to step into Corporate America. Management team definitely needs training across the board. It's hard to do your job when you know the rules but management isn't ready to enforce them. I enjoyed the people I worked with. You had a sense of family in some ways.

All in all this company has great potential but it will be some years before they get there. Until then, they have a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Employee Cafe was stocked with great snacks. Company functions are a lot of fun, they spare no expense.
Cons
No real structure yet. Fast growing company that grow faster then they can keep up with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASIS Educational Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about