Baskin-Robbins Employee Reviews

Found 883 reviews matching the search See all 1,117 reviews
It was a very quick paced job.
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2019
A typical day of work would start by sweeping the parking lot and front of the store. I would then go inside to make sure the dishes were washed and the fridge was stocked up as well as the condiments area. Customers were always a priority, therefore this would be an afterthought if customers were in need of assistance. The management was the least enjoyable part of the job, but was able to work through it. The hardest might just be when it was the 31st and would be the most packed.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
short unpaid breaks, no benefits
Ambiente normal en el trabajo.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 17, 2019
Parte mas difícil del trabajo es trabajar con un cliente insatisfecho , pero no es imposible. Aprendi la elaboración de bizcochos y otras cosas más.
Productive and fast paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2019
A typical day is helping customers and provide a healthy work environment. I learned to be quick minded. Management can improve, but still good way to learn from. Hardest part is trying to satisfy the customer, when supplies may be limited sometimes. Most enjoyable part, is collaborating with co-workers to get the job done.
Fun place to work, awesome co-workers. Good environment.
Ice Cream Scooper (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 15, 2019
I really liked it and would recommend working there. The energy was awesome and was really an amazing place to work. Definitely got off a positive vibe from my co-workers and they had good work ethic.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, breaks were reasonable (length wise)
Productive and fun
Ice Cream Server (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 12, 2019
A typical day at work is serving ice cream, making smoothies, coffees, and milkshakes. Cleaning and wiping down the front and back, tables, windows, doors, and counters. The manager is a wonderful lady, very understanding and helpful. I've learned customer service skills along with cashiering experience. The workplace is fun but can get pretty stressful with big groups and orders. The hardest is not having an answer sometimes for costumes. The most enjoyable part would be interacting with costumes.
Pros
Sampling all the flavors
Cons
seasonal favorites
Fun environment
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 12, 2019
This place is so much fun especially if your still in school or it being your very first job
You learn from other people and will help you work with different kinds of customers
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Short breaks
cool place to chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 12, 2019
-friendly staff
-flexible work schedule
-time management skills
-very clean environment / well maintained
-hardest part? Satisfying the customer who requests the 8 scoop banana split sundae
Pros
fun and focused minded culture
Easy, fast-paced jon
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2019
It was a busy, non-stop kind of job where you deal with a lot of customers - difficult and pleasant. The opportunities to move up and become a manager kept me there longer, but the pay did not reflect the amount of work that I put in.
met cool people, we could listen to music, and got to sample as much ice cream as we wanted
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 9, 2019
It was a good first job to get some experience in but after a while it got repetitive and boring. The new manager was not very good at managing things or setting a good example for the employees.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no scheduled breaks, no benefits or discounts
Poor management and unreliable co workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 9, 2019
Go in, set everything up (tables chairs, refill icecream tubs) make shakes, floats, sundaes and ice cream cookie sandwhiches, learn frequent customers orders. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of my customers orders when it got super busy but I still hung in there!
Pros
Discounts on ice cream!!!
Cons
Hourly payment, slack crew members, unprofessional managing
Fun first job but very stressful
Shift Leader and Server (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 7, 2019
BR was my first job and it taught me a lot about how to just handle stressful work loads. I loved making the desserts but the pay and tips are terrible was never given breaks and the management was horrible. Morning shifts would do absolutely nothing while the store was dead then everything was put onto the closers during the busiest time and we’d always have to stay until 11pm which is not okay for high schools. I’d get called and cussed out by the manager in the mornings if something super small like refilling napkins weren’t finished at close while they do nothing to help the store get ready for a busy day. My manger definitely picked favorites so they got opening shifts while I was stuck with closing shifts Friday Saturday Sunday for months straight. Over all it’s fun if you like the managers and coworkers mine were just awful and did not make it worth it i was sooo happy to quit.
Pros
Free ice cream that’s it
Cons
No breaks, packed store, terrible management, terrible hours terrible and pay terrible tips
its very nice place to work
reailer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 6, 2019
that was my first job , i love to work with the employe who worked with me thay are awesome and very friendly and nice, it was great time i spent, i enjoyed to work with the nice customer, it is awesome
Great Starter Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 3, 2019
Perfect for people new to working. Provides great foundation. If you put in the work and stay with the company for an extended period of time you can progress to a Manager at a store if the position becomes available.
buen trabajo para empezar
Seller - Wometco de Puerto Rico (Former Employee) –  Canóvanas Municipio, PRApril 2, 2019
Buen trabajo para empezar. Los oficios de los empleados son promocionar los sabores del mes para la venta al igual de efectuar cualquier cobro de caja. El trabajo está mas enfocado al servicio al cliente al igual que el mantenimiento del area laboral
Pros
Servicio al cliente
Cons
no dan muchas horas
A good part time job
Cashier/Ice Cream Scooper (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAMarch 31, 2019
Basic customer service and retail work but it was enough to get by and learn basic job skills. The managers were very kind people and the work wasn't too stressful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little advancement
Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2019
Very fun place to work at especially working while going to school. Very flexible with hours especially since my boss did take education very seriously for everyone that worked there.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Not much room to get promoted
horrible management
Crew Member/Ice Cream Scooper (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMarch 25, 2019
my days working at baskin robbins were not good. The management were so unprofessional that some workers were confused about their hours. i would not recommend.
Pros
discounts on ice cream
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Ice Cream Scooper Team Member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2019
I have never had any problems working at Baskin Robbins. Every time I came to work I had a good experience. I loved the pay, I loved the staff, and I loved interacting with the people that came in during my shift.
Productive and fast pace environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2019
Opened/Closed Store, greeted customers, prepared ice cream, weekly inventory, operated cash register system, training of new employees. The customers and co-workers made it a fun place to work. Learning new skills and helping customers was the most enjoyable part of the the job. Management was great with working around peoples schedule.The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the different shakes and smoothly recipes. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting and interacting with customers and employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No opportunities
Great job for a teen
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 24, 2019
This job will have you working weekends and mostly closing shifts for people who are barely being hired. It is not very stressful but you will get dirty from carrying ice cream tubs and cleaning the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight