Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search See all 1,364 reviews
Great.
Footwear Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I loved working for them. Trying to get back in now. Wasn’t getting paid great when I left. I would recommend the company to anyone. Even got a friend hired before I left.
Productive and fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 22, 2018
Working there was a breeze. Everything from pizza oven to grill and fey station at uncle buck's. I also worked at the lookout their other restaurant on the top of the pyramid
Pros
Fun and free meals
Cons
The constant change of mangers
enjoyable
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2018
fun place to work. stressful at times due to customer situations. you don't really get paid based on your knowledge of the products or your work. but it is fun to work there
fun place to work
Front End Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 20, 2018
employees and management are like family. there is some down time in the mid day so thats a good time to restock on sullpies. hardest part of my job would be customers getting upset with me over a policy that i have no control over .
Pros
nice discount, friendly staff
Cons
no room for advancement, raises are small
Ok for retail
Hunting Associate (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 19, 2018
The pay is low and the hours stink... it’s retail. The company will not pay to keep good people in key roles. Most of the employees are enjoyable to work with. The company is heading in the direction of cost cutting and getting rid of full time positions. Management treats employees as disposable assets because its a revolving door. There is no room for promotion.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay bad hours
Terrible
Cashier / Special Events Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 18, 2018
Being a minority working in this place is hard after a year I couldn't take it anymore. Customers as well as employees are raist and I was discrmintaed against numerous of times
My experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 17, 2018
As to be expected from any job, you meet people you like and dislike. While at Bass Pro, I met many great friends. The associates are fantastic, the management is sub par. You never really feel part of a team, more as a tool to be beat against a boiler. That is to say, there is very little in the way of a relationship between senior management and associates.

Expect to be worked far outside of your job description.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed, drama drama drama
warehouse, but did have a ping pong table.
south receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2018
it was a warehouse job, not great. hard work, had to stand on concrete all day, make rate per hour. boring. receiving in product to check and label and ship out. management was no very personable or concerned about employees.
Pros
ping pong table, and mon through fri shift.
Cons
not a great environment
A Great work environment..sell fun!!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 9, 2018
A Great company , Bass Pro helps bring the outdoor experience to young kids that otherwise may not have the opportunity to do. A Great work environment, with strong Leadership.
Pros
A great work environment
Stressful work enviroment
Hunting associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 8, 2018
A slow paced, high stress environment that customized to helping customers in a polite and courteous manner. While having a chaotic organization system in place.
Pros
discount
Cons
high stress
It's a ok job to work at just hot
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 4, 2018
As I said it was a competitive job you really never know what area you would work in either the shipping side or the receiving side but the mangers was ok
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Just works you very hard
Uncaring Management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
Management did not care how the job was done, if it was done and if the employee was qualified for the position. Did not care if you tried to improve the quality and efficiency of the job. Poor management from top down.
When Christmas comes around be ready other than that its really calm
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 31, 2018
if youve worked in retail for years this place is where you can relax with out the stress. this is the easiest job i've had, they require you push credit cards but still a great place to work.
Very fun and friendly place to work
Marine sales (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYAugust 30, 2018
It was a very good place to work for. Would strongly recommend friends and family looking for a job to apply here. If given the opportunity I would work there again
fun to work there
maintenance lead (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 28, 2018
only thing wrong was the compensation which wasnt up to what they wanted from you. I was hired as a salaried member of management, and the friday before i went to corporate they eliminated the job and offered me an hourly position with the same responsibilities,, at half the money
Pretty relaxed Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 28, 2018
Day usually was very relaxed and not super stressful unless it was the weekend in hunting season or early summer. Co-workers always made it a interesting experience everyday at work. Most consumers where very nice to deal with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 28, 2018
I worked in a few different departments and I liked them all, I enjoyed working with the customers and moving product but mostly I liked selling guns to women and working the door with checking in the firearms and talking with the customers.
Pros
fast pace time goes by fast
Cons
have to work nights and weekends
Good interaction wih customers.
Team Lead, Marine (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 27, 2018
I was hired as a Team Lead in the Marine Department, but I was never able to transer to other departments and advancement was very very limited. By the end of my career with BPS labopr hours and labor dollars were almost totally eiminated. No full time employees were being hire. All associates were part time basis only.
Pros
Good interaction with the customer when I was first hired.
Cons
No room for advbancement. Labor dollars were reduced drastiocally
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2018
It's an okay place its a lot of walking though, pay is okay. Coworkers are great and friendly, management is nice. All in all if you're a student it's a good place to work. But like any retail place it's not somewhere you can make a career.
Pros
Coworkers and management
Cons
Pay and a lot of walking
Could be better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 26, 2018
Store manager and my department manager is ok. HR and office manager are ridiculous. Other departments are catty and pick favorites and others don't know how to stay away from departments that are not theirs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bass Pro Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight