Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews

Found 1,524 reviews matching the search See all 1,602 reviews
Awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2019
Customer are rude, management doesn't care whats actually going on. They care more about the display than the actual customer or employee. Discount is great. Pay sucks and hours are awful. They make sure you don't work enough for a break and then even when you get a break they don't care when you get it. If the CEO knew how things ran here, he would not be happy.
Pros
discount
Cons
management, pay, no breaks
Great Workplace, Iffy Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 19, 2019
Let me begin by saying Bass Pro was my absolute favorite company to work for. At Base Camp there is an affordable cafeteria with plentiful options, multiple walking tracks, and an employee discount program where you get items at cost if you have them embroidered with a Bass Pro logo. Your schedule is chosen off of how well you do on upsells, credit cards, attendance, and general performance, so if you do well, you have a higher likelihood of getting a better shift (they are chosen every three/four months). My largest complaint is that the managers in the call center were difficult to communicate with and did not seem interested in helping their employees in any sense of the word. More than once I was left without a response to important e-mails. Other than that, many of my co-workers were enjoyable to be around and helpful should I have any questions. I would return and definitely recommend seeking employment through them.
Pros
Cafeteria, discounts, workplace incentives, benefits, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Management.
Bass Pro Shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 18, 2019
Bass Pro is a very easy going work environment especially when you enjoy what you are doing and the product you are selling. Working with Friendly staff is also important and Bass Pro has employees that meet the criteria.
Decent workplace with a good atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2019
My time at the base camp was pleasant. I enjoyed most of my coworkers and I don't have any complaints about the facilities for employees across the campus. It did seem that they let a few of the more experienced employees in my section get away with sloppy work leaving myself and the newer employees to fix any issues they left before completing our own work.
Got to taste fudge
Fudge Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 12, 2019
When I worked at Bass Pro, there was a small shop with fudge. It has just recently been taken down. But the work was laid back and sales were pushed for my department since I was right at the doors entrance.
Great place to learn
Operational Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMarch 11, 2019
I learned a lot working in bass pro and was able to meet some great people but management gears more toward giving promotions are bigger raises to the men that work there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
favoritism in management towards men
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 10, 2019
In my time of being a cashier I learned how to interact with customers and improved my problem solving skills. I got a standard employee discount that was greatly utilized.
Pros
Employee Discount
What I learned
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for a family orientated company. This is where I learned majority of my manage time and prioritize. This is also where I learned to provide great customer experience.
It was fine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 7, 2019
It was about what you expect for a customer service job over the holidays. Direct supervisors were great, no complaints about anything. Would recommend to others.
Very low pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 7, 2019
Everything was great but the pay. I was a server in their restaurant. Sometimes I would only make $15 in tips all day. Holidays are much beeter for pay, but also very hectic.
Pros
Discounted/free food, great management, great work environment, fun
Cons
Very very low pay. Not enough to live off even if you had free rent.
review
Retail HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 5, 2019
The day ways always different, arrived at 7 AM and the meeting at 8 AM for department heads at front door to welcome the first shops. Greeting the customers was a great feeling.
Great time working and gaining experience
Lead Line-Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2019
Loved working in the restaurant. You get what you put into it, like any other job. Had a great team when I was there, who looked out for each other.
Pros
Discount, fun atmosphere
Cons
Little advancement unless your willing to move
Love it
Camping Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALMarch 4, 2019
Had a lot of fun working here, great people to be around and the boss really seems to care about you. The only problem is that they never offer full time. They hire young kids as part time workers.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Part Time
Lots of Turnover
Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 2, 2019
Time clocks are run so that if you are within 7 minutes of the top, quarter, half or bottom of the hour it rolls it. clocking out for lunch at 12:06, will record as unpaid from 12:00.
Front end leads had to fight to be allowed to use 15 min breaks .
High management turnover
Many people don't plan on staying long and their work reflects it, making strong employee's jobs harder.
Pros
Can walk to some places for lunch
Cons
Have to take 1 hour lunch
High paced and fun
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAFebruary 28, 2019
Typical retail environment, has its pros and cons. Can be stressful at times but it's pretty relaxed and everyone gets alone for the most part. Good food from the restaurant too.
Cash office
CASH OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Fun place to be especially if you like fish and game. Good training on all things sold. Pay is OK, for my family it was to supplement my husband, It would not be enough to support us however.
Pros
discount
Cons
not many
Outstanding
Sales-Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 26, 2019
Outstanding environment. Learned a lot about inventory and merchandising. Management is great. Culture is positive. Most enjoyable is helping customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parttime
Great place to work if you just want to have a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 25, 2019
Got me where I needed to be but when I needed to move up I got no help and I was stuck where I was. I would go back to work there if I needed a job but
Very productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 23, 2019
Bass Pro can always was a busy place. It didn’t matter if it was in the retail or if the restaurant part, where I was. Everyone was always on their feet. There was never a dull moment in the entire place.
Pros
Half off on food. Also if one needed to talk to someone they could.
Cons
It could be over stressful at times.
Fun job!
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAFebruary 22, 2019
I loved working here. A typical day depends on what shift you had. Morning shift means you do a lot of inventory and help customers, evening shifts typically are made up of just assisting customers to ensure a pleasant experience and make sales. Pretty much every one of my coworkers were nice and genuinely care about you, except for the few (which they are anywhere you work). I dont think there really was any hard parts of the job, it was very fun and enjoyable to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bass Pro Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bass Pro Shops.

Powered by Comparably