Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative in Springfield, MO

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 1,106 reviews
Quick paced cut throat
Catalog Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 16, 2017
You have to be quick with your sales phone orders and you have to be able to upsale alot of product. It is very cut throat only the top 10 sellers out of the whole call center that employees over a 100 people get their desired work schedule and added bonuses.
Very strict with employees in Call Center
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2017
I enjoy talking to customers and taking their orders. Very good on employee discounts. But very strict with call center employees than anywhere else in the company. The pay is low with what you have to learn and do. Also you have to earn points to bid on a decent work schedule. You don't get to make your own. You have to bid every 4 months for your work schedule.

When I was hired I was talking to HR about my schedule. I had asked off for the weekend. I was told when hired that everyone works Saturday's but they could possibly accompany me of Sunday's though I would have split days. I said no. During my first weekend work it seems most of the building was gone and half of the call center for the whole weekend.

If I had to do it all over again I probably wouldn't have taken the job.
Pros
General Discount on Bass Pro Products
Cons
Very strict working conditions.
Catalog Call Center
Catalog Call Center (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 1, 2017
Work consists of taking calls from customers and working with the customer and their accounts to create, alter, track, or cancel orders; perform necessary identification for the accounts and update information as needed in a friendly, fast and efficient manner.
Pros
Excellent benefits for employees
Cons
Very repetitive and limited ability to care for the customer
For a call center the enviroment is great compared to other call centers
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2016
I don't mind working in the call center super easy job once you learn the system, but when calls are back to back and we have 30 calls waiting all day and only get two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch it gets really exhausting and anything other than scheduled breaks counts against you and your utilization so you half to be careful. Its not a bad company by any means but trying to move to fulltime is like pulling teeth and they wont let me, on top of that the discounts are pretty good as well but I cant even afford my own place let alone to go shopping!
Pros
working during the week they have an amazing cafeteria, bass pros call center is way better than most
Cons
short breaks, not enough breaks, cant move up, pay should be more for the stuff we deal with.
Wonderful work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 27, 2015
The management really cares about their people and they constantly show it. They make sure you know you job inside and out, and help you when needed.
Great Benefits
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 18, 2012
The call center was an excellent part time job or seasonal job
Pros
excellent discount at retail store
Cons
hard to transfer to different departments