Bassett Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJuly 20, 2018
There is plenty room to for advancement. They are willing to teach you new jobs within the Housekeeping Dept. I love helping the patients and making sure their rooms were clean and they had everything they needed before I left their room.
Food Service making food for employees and customers
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 8, 2018
Friendly and helpful staff, management is not that great though. Customers are all friendly and polite. Food is decent. Everyone helps. not a bad plac
Pros
Friendly customers and Patients
Cons
Mangment was not the greatest when i worked there
Clinic setting is M-F no holidays or weekends.
Medical Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 28, 2018
Monday through Friday 7:30 To 4pm. Fast pace and different departments to work in. I have had several manager in the past 3 years. A lot of staff turnover.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Short breaks, no merrit system.
Bad
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NY 13326May 23, 2018
Management was horrible with no communication to all staff members. High turn over rate. Extremely stressful environment. Over time not desired by management.
Bassett Healthcare
Physician's Assistant in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMay 15, 2018
Bassett Healthcare has multiple opportunities for physician assistants. Due to it's multiple medical specialties there is tremendous opportunity for growth.
I left after two months
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 17, 2018
Poor management, and cold uninviting staff that seemed to care less about their jobs or coworkers. Most of them did not care to get to know the new employees because “we will all just leave within a year anyways”. Not s good start !

Luckily my husband and I found other jobs and relocated. Management was a mess while I worked there. They had four managers but two of them were brand new and had no clue how to run an OR. Also if you want your staff to be happy and to stay for the long term.... pay them more, as well as relay positive feedback when possible. I had a surgeon pay me a great compliment and when the surgeon asked me if the message had been passed along to me from the manager, the answer was no. Comparing BMC Cooperstown to the hospital where I work now is like comparing night and day. They need some serious change down in those operating rooms and that’s putting it nicely.
Pros
Employee discounts in the cafe, good health care coverage
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Laboratory Support Technician III CPT (ACA) (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMarch 22, 2018
I have been employed by Bassett Healthcare Netwok for nearly 7 years and I am proud to serve them. They focus on accommodating patients and providing the best patient care possible with each individual encounter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bassett Medical Center is getting better!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMarch 3, 2018
I have seen negative reviews here, but this is not my experience. I have worked here for five years. It is improving now. The new COO and CEO are interested in what is going on. They are "for the people" and walk the talk. This is so important. They round on our unit, they are interested. They offer to help.

My manager is definitely stepping up and more interested in us now that she knows that the culture is changing!
Pros
culture is improving
Cons
none right now
Great place to work with very competent employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NY 13326February 21, 2018
I needed to be closer to home, so I changed jobs to be closer to home.
I enjoyed working for the organization and learned a lot while I was employed there.
Overly aggressive management
EMERGENCY SERVICES REP (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Lower level management is more worried about getting paid by CMS than the patients, almost bulling patients/employees in to signing forms/retrieving form signatures. When reported told to blow it off. Often being force to work over time, 12+ hour shifts. lower level
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Management is aggressive, long hours
Great Place to Work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I would highly recommend working for Bassett Medical Center. We have a great team across the entire network that is committed to serving our community.

I work in a department that is very fast-paced, highly customer service oriented and immensely detail oriented. We have a great team and wonderful leadership to support us through the stressful days of our positions. We have a great work/life balance and I believe our benefits are very attractive. We are centrally located for our population and have competitive wages and salaries.

Bassett Medical Center offers many committees to be a part of, we offer many discounts to our employees, we have numerous recognition events and have plenty of events to participate in throughout the year for everyone!

We offer many opportunities for our employees to grow within the organization and I have personally seen my friends advance within their departments into new positions to expand their professional careers.

I personally enjoy working alongside my team and my leaders to provide the service we do to our communities. Another very enjoyable part of my position is the ability to be a part of the many committees we offer to our employees. It give me a sense of giving back to our organization and employees and to feel that I am part of something great!
Pros
Great benefits, good work/life balance, good compensation
Cons
I do not have any cons about our organization
Ok overall
Bed Management/ ER registration (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Extremely high turn over rate. Definitely not family friendly. You work many hours and it's under appreciated. Your paid time off is accumulated. But the healthcare coverage isn't too bad, and they offer dental and vision.
Pros
Health insurance, Dental, Vision
Cons
Not family friendly, high turn over rate.
great company
Based Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sherburne, NYDecember 8, 2017
I very much enjoy working for Bassett Hospital. I started in 2011 and have gained so much experience in knowledge in my field. I recommend this company.
good company, poor wage
LPN Operative Services (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 16, 2017
current wage low relating to surrounding region scale, solid company with good incentives for continuing education, healthcare benefits great if willing to be in-network
Good place to work if you know what you are getting yourself into
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 5, 2017
I have mixed feelings about the place. Bassett Network is full of good staff and they have good values and principles in the workplace. The hours are guaranteed, but the salary is lower than most facilities. It is also very hard to move up. They also place a "cap" to salary increase when you go from one career to another. However; even though they are full of good staff, there are some that are the opposite. It honestly depends where you work there.
Competitive employer
Coder (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Depending on location and department you can advance. They offer good benefits, time off and competitive pay. Things are not always fair across the board..providers are treated way better than under staff which I find unfair since it's the lab, registration, nurses, housekeeping, coders and billers that make it possible for providers to see the volume of patients they see. Bassett tends to protect the higher management and providers more so than making lower staff feel valued.
Pros
benefits, time off, pay
Cons
rarely get a raise, employees feel unvalued
Always nice patients
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJuly 28, 2017
Working with the patients is the best part of the job, some new you while they were staying some didn't remember you.
Management was always watching ou and expecting more then what you could do in a 8 hour day.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Great
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJuly 11, 2017
This was my first registered nurse position. The hospital is beautiful and is located next to a lake. Beautiful in fall and summer months. Not the best in the winter
Great Team to Work for
EPIC Resolute HB/SBO Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 25, 2017
I worked on this project for 4 months. When I arrived everyone was so helpful and kind. It was there mission to make me feel like a part of the team from day one.

Very professional place to work.
Pros
We always worked as a team
Cons
Revolving door of personel in our department
Ambulatory Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 24, 2017
A typical day at work was relatively calm as it was a small ER Hospital to a small community. I learned a new computer software, EPIC, directly designed for the medical field. I felt the management of the Sidney location of the Bassett Healthcare Network was not as experienced as one would be expected in their time at the location. Internal employee complaints or requests were not dealt with in a proper timely manner. The workplace culture fell short of the professionalism I was used to when I worked in the Westchester NY area. Constant emphasis was placed on HIPPA rights for our patients, protecting their privacy, but fell short when it came to the privacy of employees that worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and working closely with the nurses and doctors. Overall I felt there was no growth for me in this organization.
Pros
Paid training. Occasional free lunches.
Cons
Short staffed. No overtime. No team building. No staff meetings.