Bassett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Housekeeping needs all new manger
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Bassett CooperstownJuly 16, 2018
The manager stink at Bassett Hospital they don't know what they're doing there's she's never cleaned and her life so how is she at housekeeping manager
Productive learning environment
Lab Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 3, 2018
I currently just left working as a Lab Support Tech at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, NY. Through my experience there, me desire to influence others through the highest quality care remains. I was taught how to hold myself to the highest standard and what the consequences were if I did not. Bassett Medical Center taught me more than I could have ever imagined.
Bad!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 30, 2018
Don't work there. The culture is very cut-throat and even though you are supposed to be working as a team, no one will have your back. They don't have training programs to have someone who has been there for 6 months to actually know how to do anything.
Learning Institute
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 26, 2018
Overall pleasant place to work depending on the department and the position. Good place for advancing and they are good at working with you to find a postion that works well for you.
Understaffed and underpaid
Registered Nurse - Surgical Inpatient Unit (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 22, 2018
Unsafe staffing ratios with high acuity patients. Very low salary compared to other hospitals. Human Resources is awful and don’t take accountability for their lacking knowledge. I was very disappointed with my experience here. I tell anyone who is considering to go here that it is not worth it.
poor management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 2, 2018
Management is contracted out and ran by people who have not worked the job. Constantly short staffed and overworked. Doctors, nurses, and support staff are all friendly
Happy here
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMarch 3, 2018
I am very happy here. Bassett delivers quality and safe care. The top administrators are REALLY changing the culture. I am very happy that they are walking around and taking interest in all of us. It was not always that way, believe me.

It is not a perfect place, but then what place is? Overall, I hope to be there for many years to come. Anyone thinking of coming here, should do it!
Pros
Administrators are changing things
Cons
Shuttle bus rides are a pain
will never work there again
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYFebruary 14, 2018
way to much drama. checks were never accurate and was underpaid. not understanding. expected to work in unsafe conditions. had to be trained twice because wasnt trained properly.
Not a place to work for a long period of time.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NY 13326February 8, 2018
Reports, phone, emailing, handwriting forms. Mailing out documents. Answering billing questions. Communicating with patient's and staff. You will learn how to multi-task very quickly. It's a clean place to work. The biggest part is dealing with HR and management. The best part,is the staff below management team together. We become like family.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Have to be shuttled in by bus the the main campus. Micro managed. No longer give raises.
BMC is a professional organization
Case Management RN- Inpatient Cardio-vascular (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 4, 2018
BMC provides quality care to its patients while at times sacrificing employee well being. Nursing management should focus on retention rather then recruitment
Pros
allowances for education
Cons
short breaks
Great atmosphere and staff
RN 1 Birthing Center (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Love working here !! Great atmosphere and working conditions. Staff is awesome, very helpful. Great learning environment. Management is great and training is exceptional.
Eat their young
OR RN Circulator (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 24, 2017
Toxic atmosphere. Fellow workers judge by your mistakes, but don't see there own. Very cliquish. Some people act as if they are back in high school. Very immature.
Staff and Nurses are wonderful and caring.
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 1, 2017
Most patients are very pleased with their care when they discharge.
There are many chances to take extra classes and improve you education.

A typical work day at the ED is hectic and exhausting. The employees do well to cover all the necessary aspects and keep calm.
Benefits
Cons
Work through lunch
It was close to home and I loved my work crew
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Winfield, NYOctober 28, 2017
If I could get hired again I would think of working there. I learned many things but there was no incentive pay. The crew I worked with was filled with great people.
high paced
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Bassett is, and has always been a very high paced environment. Hours are comparable to most places. Management is very top heavy, meaning there are way more managers than there are people to manage.
Guest Services is a wonderful department
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYAugust 13, 2017
The Guest Services Department was very welcoming and caring! They go above and beyond, and actually look for ways to provide better care. Truly a great place to work!
Working at Bassett
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYAugust 1, 2017
I worked at Bassett for 7 months with wonderful co workers and a great manager. I worked as a PCA on 2nd Floor Medicine on the overnight shift (7pm-7am) 3 nights a week.
Bassett Medical Center
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJuly 19, 2017
It is located in Cooperstown, NY. It consists of 6 hospitals including the main campus in Cooperstown, 45 clinics, which span 7 counties, employs over 5000 people. It is a Trauma Level 2 facility.

I have worked in the hospital when I started and it is full of diversity, we are a teaching hospital, so people from around the world come to practice and we are also part of Columbia University.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Work Day Review
AOA (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 9, 2017
A typical day a work usually consists of scheduling appointments and procedures. I have learned a lot of new systems and patient care. Management needs a lot of help when it comes to taking care of employees and treating them properly. Hardest part of the job is learning to leave work at the door when I leave.
Hands on/ Patient Friendly Environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 6, 2017
Great place to work, every day is a new adventure. You never know what to expect but that makes the job new and exciting. You need to be able to go with the flow and be prepared for the unexpected because healthcare is a surprising place to work.
Pros
Decent amount of downtime.